Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #31
Webkinz :)

BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness
BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: A question.

ehh let's start this

1. Do you think bullying is a big problem? Support your answer.
Yeah, I guess so. People get really hurt, however, I'm not saying to deal with it, but telling people and talking about it really helps. And I've seen many kids who don't do that. Although some people aren't like that, lots of kids are, and it would be better if they talked.

2. Do you think that schools/adults are going about it the right way?

Depends on the school, depends on the adult. Take a look at some schools. The teachers don't care; they actually ignore everything that goes on. While others get extremely involes.

3. Have you ever been bullied?

No, never in my life. I think that's because I have a second degree black belt. I think that helps. However, I've had extremely close friends who have been bullied and I know what it's like.

4. If you answered no to #2, what way should they be going about it?

n/a

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #32

Lulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talentLulu646 has lots of talent

Yes. Every mean word or action someone says or does to you breaks your heart a little more, crumbles away a little self-esteem. It is unfair, and completely unkind. How are we supposed to turn out to be successful, kind, world-changing, positively influential, and confident adults if we have been bullied, and bullied people, for our whole childhoods??
No.
Yes. I still am.
At least at my school, where the majority of my bullying occurs, no one really solves the problem. Some adults work it out, sending the victim and bully to the guidance counselor. There, we "talk", which is really a fake discussion about your feelings and the bully usually gets in trouble. Or, you can put a note in my counselor's box, but you have to put your name on it. If it's anonymous, there isn't much she can do, so she usually ignores it. But if you put your name on it, word gets around. And you get bullied even more for reporting the bully. Students often check the bin, then spread rumors and such.
Some adults just turn a blind eye to it, which is terrible.
Instead of wasting students' time by educating us about bullying, wasting ink on lame posters, and so on, we need to educate our adults, teachers, and administration. They don't know how to deal with bullying, or any of the signs. Kids, most of the time, show signs of bullying that could be easily recognizable by parents and teachers, only if the parents and teachers knew what they were. Let's teach our adults how to recognize bullying, and stop it effectively. They also need to provide better resources for bullying, instead of the usual guidance counselor. Often, kids are embarrassed or bullied even more when they talk to them.
Twice, I have talked to my g.c. (guidance counselor) about being bullied. She did something both times, but now I get teased even more for talking to her. I got pulled out of two or three class periods both times, and now that I am older, that does not do. I did not come down to her office and spend 2+ hours there for her to read me a passage from this book on bullying, make me "journal" my feelings, and tell me it's okay to cry and be bullied about 20+ times before I said I had to go. Now, she continually bothers me, asking if I'm okay. This does not work, it annoys me incredibly. I cannot relate to her at all, and her methods do not help.

Lulu646 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #33
I'm a Country Gal

cassielol214 is a creator of wonder
cassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wonder

Yes it definitely is. I don't know what goes on in those bullies minds. Maybe they were brought up in a not very loving/caring home or maybe they aren't Christians. Whatever it is it's bad. Kids come home everyday just crying and not being able to do anything because of what bullies do. Sometimes they are beaten up and sometimes it's just ruthless words. In either situation it really affects the hearts and minds of the victims.

Not in most schools. Some schools are better about it then others.

In a way, yes. I've been shoved into a wall and been name called/teased a lot but it doesn't effect me as much as it might to others.

If they see someone being bullied then they shouldn't just ignore it. They should go up to the bully and do something about it. Not just walk by saying "Ok guys break it up". Just saying that has no effect on what that bully will be doing in the future. They should send the bullies to some sort of class or something to help them and they should also teach them about God.
cassielol214 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #34

arnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heaven
arnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heaven

1. yes. thousands- if not, millions of people get bullied everyday, and sometimes it drives them to do extreme actions such as committing suicide.

2. somewhat. parents can help you if you're getting bullied, but teachers can bully, too. they can favourite students and hold grudges against others. if a teacher holds a grudge against you, you're obviously going to get little or no help. this happened to me last year with my old principal. as for bullying presentations, they are no help at all. nobody ever listens to them.

3. yes, i have, and i still get bullied from time to time. i try to stand up for myself, but sometimes it's hard.

4. teachers need to understand that one of their students might be having suicidal thoughts and that he/she should do something about it, not just give the bully suspension or detention, because that basically does nothing.
arnold995 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
hat's Up? :D

LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!LilYorkie is not just visiting!

Okay, some people just need to deal with bullies - but for those who bullying is honestly making them think about suicide or other thoughts, it's a real issue.

I think bullying is a very serious problem for some people. Bullies are relentless, and the victims of those bullies -- I don't even know how to describe how much bullies effect their lives.
I really can't speak for all of the schools in the world, but my public school I used to go to had some serious issues with a few bullies. At one point, some boys that were about 3 years older than me tormented me 24/7, and my friend also. They took our money and anything they wanted, and picked on us every day. We were so young and new to school, we couldn't even handle it. The school addressed the problem, but didn't take action or seem to carry it any further. Now, I go to a private Christian school, and there is absolutely no bullying - only 8 people attend and we're very, very close friends. (:
Yes, I have been bullied, as I mentioned. It was so small compared to so many other people's experiences, and it still was horrible. As I got older (last year) I had a ton of issues wih some girls who caused tons of drama, and spread false gossip about me.
I think schools should take bullying more serious, but I realize it's hard to control.

Last edited by LilYorkie; 11-01-2012 at 05:54 PM..
LilYorkie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bedroom hymns, i will go the distance, pokemans, stop victim-blaming, think outside the [box], vanilla chai♥, where doing it man, where making this hapen, you are beautiful!