Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

13nattjo has disabled reputation

Default Re: Which puppy should I get?

I think that you should also get a shih tzu! they dont shed much just little hairs here and there! Oh and they are the cutest little things! Here i will post a link so that you can lookup a little more information about them!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/shihtzu.htm

Here it is! We are very happy with our now one shih tzu! We had two but Sammy Jo (RIP) accidenatlly got hit by a car! anyways, or you can also get a loso apso they are mixed breeds and they are just like a shih tzu only a little samller! If you are looking for a lap dog these breeds are shur to be the best of all. That is after they get out of there puppy stage!

Last edited by 13nattjo; 09-20-2008 at 08:51 AM..
13nattjo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
Oinkers212

I think you should get the yorkie mix. They are all really cute. hopfully i had help. HAve Fun!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #13
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Desigher
Yep, that's exactly what I was going to say. Dachshunds don't shed, they're adorable and they're very protective of there owner.

--Lauren :]
I think you should get a dacshund too! I have 2 and I love them to death!!!!!!!!!! They are some of the sweetest dogs!
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
emerald195

emerald195 will become famous soon enough

I have a bichon frise (bichon for short). They are adorable and naturally intelligent. They don't shed but they do have lots of loose hair.

A maltese mix is cute too!
emerald195 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
dark_wolf_star is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks everyone! I am well aware that the dogs I have listed have the potential to come from puppy mills but I would never buy a dog that came from such an awful place. Many breeders also breed mixed dogs as well! In addition to this I know that no dog is "hypoallergenic". There are however dogs that shed less and help with my allergies. I am in the process of looking for puppies at shelters, but I have to watch my allergies.

I have considered a dachshund. Are they suitable with small children?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
wants her spinny.
Gift Guru

Desigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by dark_wolf_star
Hey thanks everyone! I am well aware that the dogs I have listed have the potential to come from puppy mills but I would never buy a dog that came from such an awful place. Many breeders also breed mixed dogs as well! In addition to this I know that no dog is "hypoallergenic". There are however dogs that shed less and help with my allergies. I am in the process of looking for puppies at shelters, but I have to watch my allergies.

Yes, dachshunds are great with people of all ages.
My dachshund loves small children!
Desigher is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #17

Good maybe I will look into one...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #18
Gift Guru

LunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by dark_wolf_star

I am sorry, but NO reputable breeder will produce mixed breed dogs. It is incredibly irresponsible.

And please keep in mind, No small child you ever have unsupervised time around ANY dog, regardless of breed.
LunarKitten is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #19
OW!! I'm
Gift Guru

Elena48 is a name known to allElena48 is a name known to allElena48 is a name known to all

Donation Award 

I am allergic to most dogs too. I have had poodles and a bichon frise, that don't bother my allergies.

Good luck finding just the right puppy.
Elena48 is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #20

View Post Originally Posted by LunarKitten
I am sorry, but NO reputable breeder will produce mixed breed dogs. It is incredibly irresponsible.

And please keep in mind, No small child you ever have unsupervised time around ANY dog, regardless of breed.
.....How is it irresponsible? I don't mean to come off as rude, but it seems to me that you are contradicting everything I say. I DO care a lot about animals and plan to find out everything about where the puppy has come from before I adopt. I have had a Golden Retriever/Chesapeake Bay Retriever before and she is a wonderful dog. (She lives with my brother). Also, I said nothing about leaving a child unsupervised alone with a dog. I just asked if a certain breed was okay with smaller children. My family would never leave our two-year-old alone. I'm sorry if you feel this way about my interests in a puppy. Thank you for the afformentioned advice though. Puppymills are awful.
Closed