Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #51
<3
Webkinz :)
swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!swagmonster(: is not just visiting!

Default Re: Is Public School worth it? I have a question!

Well, I'm still in middle .. but,
Going to highschool is TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Like, when you go to college, Don't they look at what you did in school? Like clubs and stuff.
And public school is totally awesome! Don't worry about trying to make new friends, Im sure you will! One of my BESTFRIENDS used to be homeschooled. And i met her this school year!(:
Hope that helpeddddd.
swagmonster(: is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #52
barraki0896

stovetop0896 is a splendid one to beholdstovetop0896 is a splendid one to beholdstovetop0896 is a splendid one to beholdstovetop0896 is a splendid one to behold

I sort of have the best of both worlds, as it were. I'm homeschooled, but I go to a private school for homeschoolers two days a week. It DOES have a bit of homework, but I also get to hang out with friends, meet new people, and go to 'normal' social events like dances and parties.

DON'T DO IT. I'm a EDIT... so I am old and wise!! XD

Last edited by cbjhockey; 01-24-2012 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Do not list grades or grade ranges.
stovetop0896 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #53
Erica
Gift Guru
SparkleHippo has disabled reputation

If you have good schools, Why not try it? My school offers many courses, such as digital image design, web design, journalisim, ceramics, ect. You can pretty much chose whatever you want aside from normal core-classes. You also have your required classes such as finacial literacy and physical education. There is a lot of drama, but once you get past it, that's ok. Maybe less where you are, but I live in a larger city with about 3500 people in a 9-12 school. I get homework pretty much every day, in every class that isn't art related or PE, ect.
SparkleHippo is offline Female
Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #54
knuths

knuths is the bees knees!knuths is the bees knees!knuths is the bees knees!knuths is the bees knees!knuths is the bees knees!knuths is the bees knees!knuths is the bees knees!

I think I can help you here I thought the same thing(i'm in cyber school) and my sisters went to public high school for the sports. Alot of the time my one sis tells me not to go. I am going to show you pros and cons to public school, home school, and cyber school.

Public School
Pros:
Friends/Social Life
Clubs and activites
Dances/Proms and such
Live Teachers

Cons:
Distractions(but if you can focus well, u should be able to pay attention to the teachers.)
Bullying(You might have this, or might not. But if not, there are "cliques" and such)
Some Teachers(My sisters complain about this alot, but it depends on the school)
Cost(Might not be a big issue, but my sisters have to pay to join a sport and then my parents have to pay to watch it)

Home school(I'm not sure if you do this with your parent or by yourself, so this is kind a guessing) :
Pros:
You get the education you(or parent) wants
VERY flexible
Low cost(except for buying things for school)

Cons:
Hard to see other people
stuck home all day
Hard to get into clubs and sports(sometimes)

Cyber-School:
Pros:
Good education
Some social life(My school is virtual class rooms where you can chat with students and teachers.)
Some clubs and activities
Real teachers(you might not see them everyday, but you can meet at field trips)
Somewhat flexible
Free laptop/computer(until you graduate, but you keep if over summer! atleast i do)
Cons:
Stuck at home all day
Hard to physically meet other people(unless you go to field trips)
harder(this might be a pro, because its better education, just more assiments)

If you want to try something new, I recommend cyber-school. I did go to public school before though, but I made true friends online. My cyber school has sub schools all around the state, so if u live in the U.S. you might be interested.

The main over all school is Connections Academy, but then it is seperated into smaller schools for the diffrent states. bassically, each state has one school. I do some research before you change your mind on going to any school. Think about your education and future.

I hoped I helped
knuths is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bedroom hymns, frenchfry130 was here, i have a dream ♥, k o o d o, love who you are♥, soa, tigerdove is here, wacky's tag, you are beautiful!