Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

Default Skateboarding

So, for years I've wanted to try skateboarding. I always thought it looked really fun and neat. This summer I have nothing to do, so I thought, why not try skateboarding? There's an awesome skate park about two minutes from our house, I'd be outside instead of on the computer, which I'm sure my parents will love, and it seems like a lot of fun.
I ordered a skateboard online, and it should get here Saturday
The thing is, I don't know how to skateboard
So I was just thinking. . . why not make a WI thread about it?
So are there any skateboards out there? Do you have any tips for me?
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

hugged has disabled reputation

Default Re: Skateboarding

Wear a helmet.
hugged is offline Female
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by hugged
Wear a helmet.
Haha, thanks
My mom has already informed me I have to wear one. . . xD
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

Yup! One of my best guy friends (I'm a tomboy, I hang out a lot with guys) taught me how last Thursday when his dad came over to teach us guitar. I don't know many tricks, actually ZERO tricks, but I know the basics of skateboarding! I'm pretty good. OK, find out what foot feels comfortable on your board to be the front foot. That's good to know! Now to stand on the board. Put your front foot on the front bolts of the skateboard. Tilt it to the left. Just enough that if you pushed it could slide to make it on completely turned to the left. Relax. Breathe. Put your other foot on the back bolts all the way to the left. Now relax again, breathe, and you're standing on a skateboard PROPERLY. Your feet should look KINDA like this:

Front Foot: ^
Back Foot: <

Now to SKATEBOARD on it. Get on some protective gear!! It'll take a while too, so make sure you have the time. So you have the gear and the time. Stand on your skateboard. Push slightly with your back foot and put it back on. Shift your front foot all the way to the left. You are now riding a skateboard! Now, if you start to go over to one side, shift your weight to the opposite side. If you need to push again, put your front foot back into the regular position (^) and push again. Put your feet both all the way to the left again, and practice this. Yeah! You're skateboarding!

Your feet should be like this when you ride:
Front Foot: ^ when pushing < when riding
Back foot ^ When pushing < when riding

I hope this helped! Practice this BEFORE you go to a skatepark-chances are you'll break yourself.

Hope it helped alot... I know my friend helped me when he showed me how!
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #5

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

Learn how to fall safely. XD I never wore a helmet and fell off a lot for the first few weeks. Try to twist around so you land on your hands and feet. Not sure if that's how you're really supposed to do it, but that's the safest/least painful way I found.

Also, don't leave the skateboard in a hollow tree in your neighbor's yard. The neighbors moved and when the workers came by to clear stuff out of the house they trashed it. :| But I'm probably the only person dumb enough to do something like that, sooooo.
ginny19 is offline Female
Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Well, I don't skateboard, but first thing: Helmets, and Knee Pads. Maybe even elbow pads and wristguards too.
If you're a beginner, you're going to want to have all the protection you can.
As for actually learning how, maybe just ask somebody at the skate park if they can help you start to learn the basics. Maybe you'll earn some new friends that way too. =)
Good luck. Just don't get frustrated. People say that learning how to skateboard can be a bit frustrating at first, and a slow process.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #7

WarriorsCat has disabled reputation

I have a skateboard, but I'm not really any help, because I don't really have anywhere to ride it.
My town doesn't have a skate park, and you'l get in trouble with the cops if they catch you riding around town. And my development has really uneven roads.
The best advice/tip I can give you is make sure you wear a helmet
WarriorsCat is offline Female
Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Gifted

Rabid Fish has disabled reputation

LOL Why is it I find these threads after I talk to the person about it in VMs? xD

1. Lol, actually, you really need the knee and arm pads more than a helmet. xD But that doesn't mean you don't need a helmet.

2. What kind of skateboard is it? Because that makes a HUGE difference, like the ones that are higher up are easy to turn on.

3. Good luck, and it's not that hard!
Rabid Fish is offline Male
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #9

coolcat8900 has disabled reputation

im a girl and my brother had
a skateboard and i learned to do a
few things on it and
i really enjoy skateboarding
then he broke it
so i done skateboard anymore