Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
Ashley Morgan
Webkinz :)

shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!

Default Please help me pick what books I sould get.

Ok so I just got my mom to order them for me and I got
MockingJay, by Suzanne Collins, Hardcover, 390 Pages, for $10.52.
This Lullaby, by Sarah Dessen, Paperback, 352 Pages, for $1.99.
The Truth about Forever, by Sarah Dessen, Paperback, 400 Pages, for 1.99.
Lock and Key, by Sarah Dessen, Paperback, 432 Pages, for $3.58.
Hush, Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick, Hardcover, 400 Pages, for $5.38.
The Summer I Turned Pretty, by Jenny Han, Paperback, 276 Pages, for $3.58.
So that's what I got, all for $27.04, but $28.40 with Tax, I got them from Barnes & Noble.com, and I got free shiping, they sould be here in 2 to 6 days, I'm so exicted, and I can't wait.

And I got the book If I Stay, by Gayle Forman, Paperback, 272 Pages, for $6.00, two days ago at T.J Maxx's.

I really want to get The Hollows, Before I Die, and Before I Fall, but I could not so I'm asking for them for Christmas.

Ok so I'm getting the book Mockingjay (The 3ed and last Hunger Games book) from b&n.com and have to at least get $25 of books to get free shiping, but I might get more, so what sould I get.

Here are some books that are my favs and I love.
The Twilight Saga.
The Hunger Games.
Harry Potter.
The Chanters of Tremaris Saga.
Th1rteen R8asons Why.
Elsewhere.

Here are some I might get.
Before I Fall.
Before I Die.
All Unquiet Things.
Hush, Hush.
Hold Still.
Shiver.
Fallen.
Extraordinary.
The Summer I Turned Pretty.
Looking for Alaska.
Year of Wonders.
In the Time of the Butterflies.
Incantation.
Girl with a Pearl Earring.
The Stolen One.
Betsy and the Emperor.
A Northern Light.
Taste of Lightning.
Singer of All Songs.
The Waterless Sea.
The Tenth Power.
Evermore (Immortals Series #1), by Alyson Noel.

As you can see, I like Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Romance, and Adventure books.
I like Teen books.
I like the books to be at the very least 300 or 350 pages.

So tell me what books I sould get from the list I have made, and from ones you think I sould get.

I'll ask for the ones I don't get now for Christmas (So like almost all of them).

Last edited by shadowabbie; 10-15-2010 at 07:39 PM..
shadowabbie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #2

luckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Please help me pick what books I sould get.

Awesome books (: Out of that list, I would suggest Shiver or Fallen... They're great books. But I think you should read City of Bones. I just finished it and I completely loved it. (: It's adventure and fantasy with a very small bit of romance. It's the most amazing book, besides Harry Potter of course. :3
luckyfunky3 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
I Need TS6

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

Well, I'm pretty sure the majority of them aren't 300 pages or more, but if you like adventure, I suggest The 39 Clues series. Go on Wikipedia, and they'll have a list of the books in order, if you do seriously want to check them out. I highly recommend them as adventure books, even though I'm not usually the adventure type. xD

Another good "adventure" and fantasy series is the Warriors cats. The majority of those books are usually 300 pages or more. I really enjoy them, and you might, too. There's a lot of them, so PM me for a list of all of them in order if you're truly interested in them.
panda886 is offline Female
Old 10-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #4
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

Looking for Alaska by John Green is amazing.
Along with Papertowns.

Also, Before I Die by Jenny Downham is excellent too.

I also recommend the Gone Series by Michael Grant. The books are on the longer side, but they are soo good and highly addicting!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Ooh, Hunger Games is great. Out of the list you might get, I've never read any except for one. "Before I Fall." I wasn't even able to finish, because I really didn't like it, so I would suggest not getting that one...
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 10-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Ashley Morgan

shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!shadowabbie is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by luckyfunky3
Awesome books (: Out of that list, I would suggest Shiver or Fallen... They're great books. But I think you should read City of Bones. I just finished it and I completely loved it. (: It's adventure and fantasy with a very small bit of romance. It's the most amazing book, besides Harry Potter of course. :3
Ok thanks, and I looked it up and it sounds really good and it has 500 something pages (And the biger the book the better), and I might get that, again thank you.
View Post Originally Posted by panda886
Well, I'm pretty sure the majority of them aren't 300 pages or more, but if you like adventure, I suggest The 39 Clues series. Go on Wikipedia, and they'll have a list of the books in order, if you do seriously want to check them out. I highly recommend them as adventure books, even though I'm not usually the adventure type. xD

Another good "adventure" and fantasy series is the Warriors cats. The majority of those books are usually 300 pages or more. I really enjoy them, and you might, too. There's a lot of them, so PM me for a list of all of them in order if you're truly interested in them.
Yup they are I looked and most of them are like only 200 or less pages, ah The 39 Clues, well um they are kind of a little young for me and as I said I looked and most of them have less then 200 pages so... yeah, oh and I got the first one for free for the summer reading thing at B&N and I still have not read it , and really I love like 400, 500, or more paged book.

Ah Warriors I know them well I have read all of them, but The omen of the stars ones, I got The fourth Apprentice, last year when it came out and have not read yet , but thank you anyway.
View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39
Looking for Alaska by John Green is amazing.
Along with Papertowns.

Also, Before I Die by Jenny Downham is excellent too.

I also recommend the Gone Series by Michael Grant. The books are on the longer side, but they are soo good and highly addicting!
Thank you I looked at gone, and it looks really good, I might get it.

View Post Originally Posted by Lolo12
Ooh, Hunger Games is great. Out of the list you might get, I've never read any except for one. "Before I Fall." I wasn't even able to finish, because I really didn't like it, so I would suggest not getting that one...
Ok thank you.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #7

peachypeaches defies all odds
peachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all odds

I don't know very many from your list, but I think they look good!

Have you read The Host by Stephenie Meyer? I see you like Twilight, so you would like that too if you haven't already read it.

I think you would also like the Redwall series (by Brian Jacques). There are a lot of them and I'm pretty sure they're long enough.

I also suggest The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I haven't read it but I know 3 people who loved it!

And if you're really looking for a long book, read Les Miserables. Or the Bible (haha, just kidding) but seriously, Les Mis is well over 1,000 pages long.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #8

misssayles has a brilliant futuremisssayles has a brilliant futuremisssayles has a brilliant futuremisssayles has a brilliant futuremisssayles has a brilliant future

fablehaven judging by what you said you will love them
misssayles is offline Female
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Generation dead by Daniel Waters is a really good book.

I haven't read any of those on the list though, so I can't say if you want to limit yourself to those. :p
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
Ashley Morgan

View Post Originally Posted by peachypeaches
I don't know very many from your list, but I think they look good!

Have you read The Host by Stephenie Meyer? I see you like Twilight, so you would like that too if you haven't already read it.

I think you would also like the Redwall series (by Brian Jacques). There are a lot of them and I'm pretty sure they're long enough.

I also suggest The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I haven't read it but I know 3 people who loved it!

And if you're really looking for a long book, read Les Miserables. Or the Bible (haha, just kidding) but seriously, Les Mis is well over 1,000 pages long.
Thanks, No I have not, but I think it sounds good, again sounds good, and again sounds good, and last you can call me weird girl, but I think it sounds really good, and as you said it's well over 1,000 page long (If only the Twilight saga books where that long or longer, and Harry Potter ones too) and I just LOVE long book, so thank you I will think about it.
View Post Originally Posted by misssayles
fablehaven judging by what you said you will love them
Hm they sound good I might one of them, oh and thank you.
View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
Generation dead by Daniel Waters is a really good book.

I haven't read any of those on the list though, so I can't say if you want to limit yourself to those. :p
Ok that sounds really good!And the Hardcover is on sale for only $3.99 so I will maybe get it, so thank you.
Closed

Tags
allittlebirdie., bella made this thread~, bella wuz here, i luv the hunger games, mockingjay, redstar55wuzhere, ~bella is here~, ~bella was here~