Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Default PLease help! I think my hamster is going to die!!!

UPDATE: My dad says he has a brocken back.

Well yesterday I was playing with my hamsters and one looked tired so I let him sleep but today he's really cold and he isnt openinghis eyes and it looks like he's having a hard time breathing! I'm really scared because I think he might die!!! He's not walking either!! Please Help!

Last edited by rachel21; 09-12-2009 at 06:12 PM..
rachel21 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: PLease help! I think my hamster is going to die!!!

Hmmm...I could imagine how this could be scary for you. Try and stay calm. Sometimes this happens with pets and you just have to let it take its course; and whatever happens, happens. My cat had something like that twice, although her eyes kept moving around and she couldn't walk, and she was acting very weird; we think she was having a stroke. If it was a stroke, she survived two of them and she's very healthy to this day. Pets may surprise you; just stay by your hamster, keep food and water in his/her cage but you should leave him alone and let whatever is happening pass; hopefully he will be okay! Please update us when you can, and good luck!!

~Lys
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Call the vet!! Or take him to the vet! This could be serious. Give him some water, check his food and cage to make sure there's nothing harmful in there- it may've been something he ate. On that note, take him out of his cage and put him on a towel or a blanket. Wrap him up (make sure he can breathe! His head should be sticking out of the towel/blanket) and take him to the vet ASAP- as soon as possible!! I'm not a hamster expert (never had one... only fish ), but this sounds really serious. Just keep him warm, give him something to eat/drink, and check his cage for any dangerous objects (the problem could be he may have eaten something bad, or eaten something that was not food, or simply gotten too much sunlight, even)
So, yes! Take him to the vet right now! They'll know what to do there. (Or at least ask your mom or dad about it- they may know a bit more about hamsters than you do. Or maybe not. I dunno, that's just my advice!)
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 09-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Do you like cake?

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Thanks for adice, I'll tell my sister what you said. right now shes holding him. He keeps trying to walk with his frount legs but he just falls back on his side I'm really worryed!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #5

monkeysgirl is a WIzard
monkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzardmonkeysgirl is a WIzard

Hmm
Yeah call the vet or goggle what's happen
I'm so sorry about this!
I hope he gets better :[
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Aww...well, he might not have the energy to walk right now so try and keep him in your arms or, as bluski said, in a blanket where he is still breathing. Try calling a vet and seeing what they can do to help. If all else fails, just pray for him (I know I will tonight!) and let him rest in his cage near food and water. Who knows?; he might be fine tomorrow!
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Do you like cake?

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
Call the vet!! Or take him to the vet! This could be serious. Give him some water, check his food and cage to make sure there's nothing harmful in there- it may've been something he ate. On that note, take him out of his cage and put him on a towel or a blanket. Wrap him up (make sure he can breathe! His head should be sticking out of the towel/blanket) and take him to the vet ASAP- as soon as possible!! I'm not a hamster expert (never had one... only fish ), but this sounds really serious. Just keep him warm, give him something to eat/drink, and check his cage for any dangerous objects (the problem could be he may have eaten something bad, or eaten something that was not food, or simply gotten too much sunlight, even)
So, yes! Take him to the vet right now! They'll know what to do there. (Or at least ask your mom or dad about it- they may know a bit more about hamsters than you do. Or maybe not. I dunno, that's just my advice!)
Right hes on a heated blanket(not too hot but not too cold) and my mom and dad arent home so we cant take him to the vet! It looks like he is having a even harder time breathing now. we just brought him some water. my sister phoned her friend and asked her but its not much help. I reall dont want him to die!

Update: he's cold, eyes are closed, short, fast breathes, trying to move but failing, I dont know if this is part of his illness, but something is wrong with his back foot. the left one. I found him in the middle of his cage crawling out on his back.

oh and I dont know if this helps but he is about 2 or 3 years old

Last edited by rachel21; 09-12-2009 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
i <3 #19!
Gifted

godogsgo has much to be proud ofgodogsgo has much to be proud ofgodogsgo has much to be proud ofgodogsgo has much to be proud of

hamsters useally live to 2-3 yeyars.... i had a hamster, who right before he died, got constipated. he was so backed up, a lump formed on his side, and he could barely move. His eyes crusted up, and didnt open too, which also happened to my friends hamster.
i learned to just love them extra, if it is still eating, give him lots of treats, and just let him know you love him. * i am crying as i right this* i know it is hard, trust me, i know, but now i know that it was his time to go, and that he is in a better place now.
-godogsgo
Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
I♥PeteTownshend and

Sparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by rachel21
Thanks for adice, I'll tell my sister what you said. right now shes holding him. He keeps trying to walk with his frount legs but he just falls back on his side I'm really worryed!
Ohmygoodness, I am so sorry! This happened to my little hamster Phoebe, she had a stroke )=
How old is this hamster?
Now, as much as you may not like this, and as hard as it may be, you need to prepare for the worst )=
You might try talking with your parents, maybe they could take him to a vet, though with hamsters being so small, there may not be very much they can do...Just keep him warm(maybe hold him with a towel or rag?)
Sparky1109 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
Do you like cake?

another update: hes not moving much but he tires to walk but fails. his back leg seems hurt, but he now seems very hot. I'm really scared that he might die. he is still having very short,fast breaths and hes not sheeding or anything and hes not hungry or wanting water. We're trying to make him comfertable but he looks very sick and Im really scared!
Closed