Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

Default Phone Suggestions?

I've been saving a while for a phone, and I have really been wanting an iPhone - I can afford an iPhone 4 but not the rates, because they are ridiculously high and for the cheapest plan I will only be using about a fourth of the minutes. So I guess I have to trash the iPhone...

Anyways, my birthday is coming up this January so there's still a chance for me to get a nice phone. I was hoping some of you could recommend some phones you like or think I might like.

Here are the things I am looking for in a phone:

- A cost of $200 or under for the actual phone (can be with or without a contract)
- Touch screen (preferably but not neccessary) / smart phone
- Can buy a plan with 200 or less minutes a month
- Can buy a plan with 300 or less texts a month
- Has features similar to iPhone

So far I am looking at the Samsung Touch 4G but not much else....Man, there are a lot of things to consider when looking at all these phones, LOL.

Thanks!!!
sarahgotchi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Everybodyy
Webkinz :)

webbieluver is a WI addict!
webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!

Default Re: Phone Suggestions?

Well....I have the LG Cosmos touch..its OK...but doesnt have anything like the iPhone. So i can't really help xD
I would say just get an iPhone
webbieluver is offline Female
Old 12-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

What provider are you? Verizon or AT&T?
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #4

ReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guide

Any Droid is really good.
Never. Get. A. BlackBerry.
I learned a lesson with my BlackBerry, to the point where I was about to throw it out of an airplane window.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

The best advice I can give you is to go to the phone store and look at phones you like, and have a sales associate help you out. Ask them about plans, deals, and whatnot.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
Bunny saves the clan
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine

An iphone 3G is usually around 50 dollars is you buy the plan, and honestly, It's pretty much the same as the 4G, the big difference is the camera in front (which no one needs, unless you've got a pretty big head and like to take pictures of yourself alot. ) and that it has the video chat, which is nice, but not very useful, since it requires wifi, which means most of the time you can only use it at home, where it's more convenient to vid-chat using a computer and skype. Other than that, there's no huge difference between the 4 and 3.
Also, I must say, as anyone who owns one: We hate our iphones. They're amazing... until they mess up, and the only place to get it fixed is the apple store, so you get to have fun waiting 30 minuites in the mall for them to fix your phone. They're still nice, but anyone who has one loves it and hates it. XD

Also, if you don't go with an iphone, the mytouch android is nice, it's a cheap smartphone.

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
What provider are you? Verizon or AT&T?
I would think since she said she wants an i4 that she's AT&T. (Though I'm probably being stupid and am wrong. xD)
luckypleo is offline Female
Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
Luv4Lollipops

Well I have an LG Virgin Mobile with an unlimited texting and calls for $25 a month with no roaming charges... But this is in Canada.

Just know that you don't need super expensive phones like iPhone's and Blackberry's because they really are terrible with the plans they have.
Androids will ding you for every little thing you do, my dad had one and it was really annoying so he threw it in the trash

My phone is just from a kiosk in Costo. Payed it straight forward $100.. and it's really good.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #8

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

How about an Iphone 3G? It's about $50 for the actual phone. Or a blackberry.
sharky48 is offline Female
Old 12-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #9

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

I have an LG Reveal, it's not a touch screen though. My dad has a Samsung Galaxy (touch screen) and its pretty awesome. Like Vansquez said, got to the phone store and check things out.
Koodo is offline Female
Closed

Tags
soa