Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
Deertail :D
Webkinz :)

warzone2251 kicks the bucket...hardwarzone2251 kicks the bucket...hardwarzone2251 kicks the bucket...hard
warzone2251 kicks the bucket...hardwarzone2251 kicks the bucket...hardwarzone2251 kicks the bucket...hard

Default omg what will i do

okay so i dont know if most of you remember my thread about me moving. so anyone we put our house on the market 4 days ago and its already sold thankfully. But the people only gave us 9 days to move out. but you see we havnt found a house we want to move in yet so we are going to rent a house for as long as we need it. but the only thing is we have a cat. But not just any cat and outdoor cat. she is always walking around the neighborhood and whatever but she always comes back. Im nervous that she will get lost of not come back when we let her out and just think how confused she will be when we rent a house and go buy a house i am really scared but i know i need to just hope for the best and know that it will be okay but i really need advice :\
warzone2251 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #2

hugged has disabled reputation

Default Re: omg what will i do

well u could keep her indoors
but if she doesn't like that, u could invest in a cat pen

i have a chain link fence pen like this one for my cat
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/DSC03392.jpg
(ours is slightly nicer lol but urs sounds like it'll be temporary)
just make sure it has a good roof and everything so she doesn't climb out

Last edited by hugged; 05-31-2014 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: pfft
hugged is offline Female
Old 05-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

If you can take her with you, take her and you'll have to leave her inside. Unless you can get an outdoor pen for her (make sure it's covered on top too though!).
If you can't keep her in the rental home, you might have to consider boarding her until you get into an actual house.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 05-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

The thing about the cat, you should make her an indoor cat, that'll make things a lot easier one of our cats was an outdoor and we had to watch him to make sure he didn't try to get out or sneak out and now he realizes I have someone who feeds me so why do I feel the need to go out?.
But about the house, I think you guys should've found a house before you put it up so when you did find someone who wants to buy it you can easily pack up and go ahead onto your new house that you found,liked,etc but of course that just my opinion. But 9 days to move out isn't that much time especially if you have a LOT of stuff.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 05-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #5

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

The timing is tricky when buying/selling houses. I understand.
As for the cat, maybe just let her out when you are there to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't sneak off. I know that's not easy, but hopefully it won't be for too long.
Desty is offline Female
Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

cats are really good with smells and stuff so they can smell their way home
we once got a cat and we kept him inside for 5 hours and he was BEGGING to go out so my mom let him out and he came back later that night
as long as your cat knows this is now your house, he should know to come back to it
try to keep him/her in as long as possible so he can get accustomed to the new house and know he will be living there
Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
Rye
Rye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of glory
Rye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of glory

I totally understand your moving difficulties, having gone through them a lot.
One of the cats we have now used to be totally wild, we saw her as a stray around the place where we lived. We liked her and wanted her as an indoor cat, so we caught her, kept her inside and she became accustomed to us and everything. Then, when we moved, we kept her and our other cats in the spare room in our new house. We kept a litter box, food and water in there and stuff for them to sleep on and didn't open the door more than necessary so they wouldn't get out accidentally. After about a week or two of them just being in that one room, we let them into the rest of the house but not outside, then after about a week of that we started letting them go outside.
Basically, I think that if you gradually allow your cats to become familiar with their surroundings little by little, then they'll be fine and they won't run off.

I also read in a book once that if you coat a cat's paws in butter after you move, by the time it's done licking the butter off it'll be right at home and won't run away. I don't know if that's true, though.
Rye is offline Female
Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #8

cupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshine
cupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshinecupcakes7689 is a ray of sunshine

I feel your pain on a spiritual level I have moved so much like idk where I live anymore I'm laughing
But hey I've had the same probs with a cat before, we just kept her inside for a while until she got used to our new home.
cupcakes7689 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #9
whee

Crocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuff
Crocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuffCrocheter4ever knows their stuff

What I have heard:

If the cat chose to leave you, he will find his way back
If you left the cat, he won't be able to find you

Last edited by Crocheter4ever; 06-02-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Crocheter4ever is offline Female
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #10

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

If you have a garage or sunroom or something, next time you see her, grab her and start keeping her inside. If you're moving you need to make her an indoor cat, I didn't with my cat and she wandered off one day and didn't come back. I know it's sad but I think the only thing you can do, unless you want to keep her in a cage outside (please don't) is to either make her an indoor cat or give her away. It might be ok if your new backyard is completely fenced it, then just keep her in your backyard.
Closed

Tags
be true!, the hulk smashed here