Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default New Music Suggestions?

Hey. I'm on summer break, which means hours spent listening to amazing music!
The prob? I'm running dry on good song suggestions.
Pandora ain't working for me at the moment.
Would you guys like to suggest some songs?

Criteria (yes, I'd like you to read before suggesting):
*My main focus is "summer-y"/upbeat songs. But that's not completely necessary.
*no Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Dave Guetta, Lil Wayne, etc.
I generally avoid most Top 40 songs unless they're good. No suggestions for songs like "Call Me Maybe", please.
NO TAYLOR SWIFT. I get it; she's like the god of songwriting or something. But please....no.
*Yes, I like One Direction. Yes, I have heard all their songs so far. No, I don't need an entire thread of people suggesting them, please and thank you.
I couldn't care less about how "old" it is. I don't care if it's from 1952 or 1972 or 2012.
Hate to sound like a hypocrate, but I don't care about how "popular" it or the artist is. It can be well-known, or it can be more obscure. I don't care.
*I prefer songs with deeper, meaningful lyrics. But again, it's not a must right now. As long as it isn't something in the lines of "shawty in da cluuubb yeahhh boi mista steal yo gurll"
*I love mostly rock&alternative. Country's fine, but no T-swift.

Gracias
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

ballerina4ever is a genius through and through
ballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and throughballerina4ever is a genius through and through

Default Re: New Music Suggestions?

Okay, so this is mostly country, but that's what I listen to...
-The Band Perry. They are country, and you've probably heard If I Die Young, but unfortunately that's where most people stop listening. But they have other great songs that should be hits but no ones notices. :p My favorite band. <3
-Brad Paisley. He's another country singer, but he injects a certain lighthearted yet serious countenance in his songs. My favorite is I'm Gonna Miss Her.
-Jason Aldean. A country rocker. You really just have to listen to one of his songs to see if you like him or not. He does cuss some, but nothing *bad*, if you know what I mean.
-Some others are.Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, and Lady Antebellum.
ballerina4ever is offline Female
Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Gift Guru

princesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clown

Most of my suggestions won't fit under the genres you like, but it's worth a shot.
Lions in Cages-Wolfgang
Cough Syrup-Young the Giant
Bloom-The Paper Kites
Chelsea Dagger-The Fratellis
Fire-Ingrid Michaelson
Let's Dance to Joy Division-The Wombats
Don't Leave Me-Regina Spektor
1901-Phoenix

Last edited by princesspup2007; 06-19-2012 at 08:40 AM..
princesspup2007 is offline Female
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
Gifted

MegMeg is a creator of wonder
MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

I'm just going to recommend some artists/bands.

Queen
Regina Spektor
Michael Jackson
Florence and the Machine
The Beatles
Ingrid Michaelson
Fun
Mumford & Sons
Billy Joel
Coldplay
Elton John
Fleetwood Mac
Of Monsters and Men
Train
Whitney Houston

I'm sure at least one of those fits your "criteria", I just chose artists that I know put actual meaning into their lyrics.

Last edited by MegMeg; 06-18-2012 at 11:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
boom roasted

moonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guide

i'm just going to list what i've been listening to recently

Fiona Apple - Not summery/upbeat at all hahaha but she's my favorite singer and if you're looking for meaningful lyrics you can't really do any better.
Lana Del Rey - So much fun, especially the song National Anthem. Born to Die is a perfect summer album imo.
The Magnetic Fields - The Wayward Bus/Distant Plastic Trees and 69 Love Songs are my favorite albums. The first is actually two albums that were released as a merge and they're mostly synthpop, and 69 Love Songs is an indiepop concept album. My favorites are 100,000 Fireflies, Epitaph For My Heart and I Think I Need A New Heart.
The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I is one of my favorite albums ever. Listen to The City and What Do You Want Me To Say?
The Zombies - Sort of like The Beach Boys. Listen to the album Odessey and Oracle.
Marina and the Diamonds - Electro-pop, I guess? I don't really know how to describe her but she's really good and fun. Sort of like Florence and the Machine. Electra Heart and The Family Jewels are completely different albums, but both are great in different ways.
moonriver is offline Female
Old 06-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
:D Random Person

ToastahPoptart is a name known to allToastahPoptart is a name known to allToastahPoptart is a name known to all

Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars.
Snow Patrol- In the end.
Kelly Clarkson- Whatever dosen't kill you.
All the songs from Coldplay.
Trading Yestarday- Just a little Girl.
Broken Iris- Beaurtiful Girl.
Eyes Wide Open- Goyte.
Panic! At the disco- Ballad of Mona Lisa & Quite a few others.
Linkin' Park.
Brooke Fraser-There's Something in the Water.

These are not actaul songs, But try the Audio & Music on Newgrounds.Com.
Quite alot of Upbeat songs there.
ToastahPoptart is offline Female
Old 06-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
<3 love is love

24724 is an unparalleled talent
24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent

Band of Skulls
KT Tunstall
AWOLNATION
Flobots (I love their song Handlebars)
The Fruit Bats
Care Bears on Fire
Finger Eleven
Franz Ferdinand
Incubus
Gomez
Middle Class Rut
The White Stripes
Nine Inch Nails

I'll stop now...
24724 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Some of my suggestions might not go under your genre but worth a try:

Coldplay- Viva La Vada ( if that's spelled right)
The Band Perry- If I Die Young
Taylor Swift- Mean
Carly Rae Jepson- Call Me Maybe
Katy Perry- California Gurls
Lady Gaga ( maybe IDK)
Kelly Clarskson- What Doesn't Kill You
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #9

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

Whitney Houston - One Moment in Time
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #10

MiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellence
MiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellenceMiNiMoose is the epitome of excellence

The Hush Sound, Panic! At The Disco, Motion City Soundtrack, Eisley, New Found Glory, The White Tie Affair, Danger Radio, Cute Is What We Aim For, Vampire Weekend, The Summer Set
Some of these bands are probably like unheard of but they're sooo good
Closed

Tags
dftba, megann, pokemans, shootforthemoon♥, [hello cold world]