Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
lionz4ever
Webkinz :)

snoballpoodle is on a distinguished road

Default MOTHER'S DAY CRAFTS!!!!! come here and share one, or come here and find one!!!!!

i need some help finding something to make for my mom for mother's day!!! so, i was thinking, why not post here so other people can help me find a good craft, or so others can find one too.

if you are posting one, make sure to make it not too hard, for we do have some younger members here.

please post directions, maybe a picture, or the webpage you got it from!

thanks! happy mother's day to all the mom's out there!!!! (ya, i know it's only the 5th!!!)

~*♥snoballpoodle♥*~

---------- snoballpoodle added 11 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

no one wants to give or find (ya can't really FIND one right now... one has posted!!) a mother's day craft?

Last edited by snoballpoodle; 05-05-2008 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
snoballpoodle is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #2

Chocolate101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: MOTHER'S DAY CRAFTS!!!!! come here and share one, or come here and find one!!!!!

I am makinh my mom a very pretty card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
lionz4ever

Default Re: MOTHER'S DAY CRAFTS!!!!! come here and share one, or come here and find one!!!!!

i am going to too, i was hoping we could get some crafts!! ok... well... in this case... i will have to search the web to find good ones and will post some on here!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Lil Kinz
beachShell96 is an unknown quantity at this point

I made my mom a candle
Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
lionz4ever

how do you make candles?

---------- snoballpoodle added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

oh, and btw (by the way), welcome to WebkinzInsider!

Last edited by snoballpoodle; 05-05-2008 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
unripeblue is an unknown quantity at this point

i made a bookmark.it was quick and easy.all u do is get a bookmark sized piece of construction paper and decorate it.get it laminated at a place that does that then poke a hole at the top.then u tie a ribbon on the hole.thats it!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
lionz4ever

sounds cool... i might make that for all the other women (aunts, grandmas, etc.)
Old 05-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
unripeblue is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet.(ten character rule)
Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #9

[xo] lipgloss has disabled reputation

Soap Makin~~~~~~

Basic Method

[A. This first write-up is taken from Hulda Clarkís book, "The Cure for All Diseases," pages 529-530.] A small plastic dishpan, about 10" x 12"
A glass or enamel 2-quart saucepan
1 can of lye (sodium hydroxide), 12 ounces
3 pounds of lard
Plastic gloves [really; use eye-protection too]
Water
1. Pour 3 cups of very cold water (refrigerate water overnight first) into the 2-quart saucepan.
2. Slowly and carefully add the lye, a little bit at a time, stirring it with the a wooden or plastic utensil. (Use plastic gloves for this; test them for holes first.) Do not breathe the vapor or lean over the container or have children nearby. Above all _use no metal_. The mixture will get very hot. In olden days, a sassafras branch was used to stir, imparting a fragrance and insect deterrent for mosquitoes, lice, fleas and ticks.
3. Let cool at least one hour in a safe place. Meanwhile, the unwrapped lard should be warming up to room temperature in the plastic dishpan.
4. Slowly and carefully, pour the lye solution into the dishpan with the lard. The lard will melt. Mix thoroughly, at least 15 minutes, until it looks like thick pudding.
5. Let it set until the next morning, then cut it into bars. It will get harder after a few days. Then package.
If you wish to make soap based on olive oil, use about 48 ounces. It may need to harden for a week.
Liquid soap

Make chips from your home-made soap cake. Add enough hot water to dissolve. Add citric acid to balance the pH (7 to . If you do not, this soap may be too harsh for your skin.

---------- [xo] lipgloss added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

If you need a beginners method then here you go-

What you'll need:
  • Glycerin soap, clear or white (This only works with glycerin soap - transparent Neutrogena bars will work fine.)
  • Soap dye in colors or your choice
  • Soap or candy molds
  • Microwave safe liquid measuring cup
  • Spoon
  • Popsicle stick or coffee stirrer
  • Knife (adults only)
How to make it:
  1. If using bars of soap, cut into three pieces. If using purchased glycerin blocks, cut off 2-3 pre-measured chunks.
  2. Put glycerin soap into a measuring cup, microwave according to package directions (or 20 seconds), then in 10-second intervals until melted.
  3. If you want colors, this is the time to add the dye. Add a few drops and stir with a spoon. If you want the color darker, simply add more dye.
  4. Slowly pour the liquid soap into the mold. Set aside to harden for 45 minutes to an hour. Some soaps may harden sooner than others.
  5. Rinse out measuring cup and repeat process for other colors.
  6. After soap has cooled completely, pop them out of the molds. If you find this difficult, you can place the soap into the freezer for ten minutes and try again.
Tips:
  • For a tie dye effect, don't add dye until after you have poured white soap into the molds. Add random drops of dye into white soap in mold and swirl with a coffee stick or toothpick.
  • For multicolor layers, pour the first color in and allow it to cool enough to form a skin (about 5 minutes). Carefully and very slowly add the second color over that.
  • For pastel shades, add only a couple drops of dye. For more bold colors, add more drops.
  • Make your own colors by mixing the dyes, or create a tie dye effect by using two or more colors instead of just one.
Notes:
  • You can purchase glycerin soap, soap dyes and several different types of molds from your favorite craft supply store. These are usually found near the candle making supplies.
  • For an even prettier presentation, carefully tie a piece of ribbon or raffia around the soap bar, birthday present style.
  • Display soaps in a clear glass jar or container in your bathroom or add them to our homemade Bath Bags and give as a gift.

---------- [xo] lipgloss added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

How to make a candle-

The Supplies

Sheets of beeswax (approximately 16 x 8 inches)
Wick
Hair dryer
Cookie cutter

How to Make Rolled Candles

1. If the beeswax you're working with is rolled, gently unroll it. If it's stiff, or cracks while unrolling, soften it by warming it with the hair dryer set on low.
2. Lay a piece of wick along one of the short edges of the beeswax sheet and roll it up. And voila - you have yourself a straight, thick candle! How to Make Tapered or Striped Candles

1. Lay a piece of wick along a short edge and firmly fold the wax over it. Now squeeze it together. The wax is slightly sticky, so this is easier than it sounds. Begin rolling the candle, making sure that it's tightly rolled and as even as you can make it.
2. When you have finished rolling all the wax, run the hair dryer over it to mold the edges together just a bit, and soften the bottom so that you can give it a flat, smooth surface.
3. Because you cut your beeswax sheet in half, you'll end up with a pair of matching candles. And if you want, you can lay different-colored beeswax sheets, one on top of the other, before you start rolling. This will give you a funky layered, striped candle set.

Last edited by [xo] lipgloss; 05-06-2008 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
[xo] lipgloss is offline Female
Closed