Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
scubaflying
Webkinz :)

PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero
PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero

Default Martial arts anyone?

OK, for my birthday, I was thinking about asking for martial art classes. I've always wanted to give it a try.... But I was wondering if anyone here does (or has done) any kind of martial arts? And if you have, what kind? I'm not really sure what the diff is.... So if anyone knows what the diff is, I'd like to know that too!

Thanks in advance!

I'll check back here tomorrow, I hope there are some post by then.....

Last edited by PeaceOut; 04-21-2009 at 08:49 PM..
PeaceOut is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Martial arts anyone?

I took kung fu for a while - I really liked it! The school that I took it at was a sort of private school, and the other students were all older men, so I always was partners with my teacher to practice. It taught great self-discipline, and i loved that it made me feel capable of "handling things" should the need arise.

The differences are sometimes in the form that it takes - within a discipline there can be a few different forms, from what I understand. Some of the disciplines teach you only to defend, whereas some teach you to take preventative measures. To be honest, I'd wikipedia it if you wanted some "basic" information. Another idea is to call some of the local schools, and have them describe their art to you - then you can decide which is the best suited for you. I chose kung fu, but that's just me. My cousins were in karate...and I kind of could kick their behinds, even though I took less classes by a few years, but maybe that's just me too
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #3

flowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to behold

i take Tae Kwon Do
it is a lot of fun but it comes with a few risks like sparring in tournaments and also you can twist your ankle but i kinda recommend taking it because you never know if someone will pick a fight on the street lol but you need to know how to defend yourself
flowerfan12 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #4

marycf will become famous soon enough

I've never taken any martial arts classes but my son has been in taekwondo for over 10 years. His school teaches forms, sparring, jujitsu, weapons, and krav maga. It has helped him tremendously as a person. He's learned how to focus, have self-control and doesn't have self-esteem issues because he knows who he is. He also knows when to use but more importantly when not use his martial arts.

Our advice to you is check around to find the best martial arts for you. No matter what you choose, it will only make you a better person. Besides, it's great exercise.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
scubaflying

PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero
PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero

Thanks for the replies everyone! My mom and dad said there are at least two places where I could go (plus my dad has a co-worker who teaches Judo... but he only teaches it to 5yr olds.) We might go check one out soon! Again, thanks for posting! Reps for all!
PeaceOut is offline Female
Closed