Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Mark Twain meets Hailey’s Comet on the Nov 30th DCT

Happy Birthday today to a favourite American author and humorist, Mark Twain! Born Samuel Langhorne Clements in Florida, on Nov 30th, 1835. Mark Twain died at Redding, CT, on April 21st 1910.
He is best known for his novels Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885), called "the Great American Novel", and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876). Twain was a friend to presidents, artists, industrialists, and European royalty.

A few facts that I found interesting about Mark Twain:

He was the 6th of 7 children, but 3 of his siblings died in early childhood. Another brother, Henry, died at the age of 20 in a riverboat explosion. Mark Twain’s father was a lawyer and a judge, but he died when Mark was only 11.

Life was tough in the early 19th century...

At the age of 12, Mark left school and was apprenticed to a printer. He became a typesetter and wrote humorous articles for the Hannibal Journal which was owned by his oldest brother. He was self-taught, studying at night at the public library... During a steamboat trip, he was impressed by the status of the pilot, who was regarded even more highly than the captain; he studied the Mississippi’s course for two years to obtain his pilot licence and worked as a steamboat pilot before his writing career.

Some famous quotes:

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Buy land, they're not making it anymore.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

...and then there is the famous: "The report of my death is an exaggeration" when falsely feared dead; it was a cousin who was very ill. But it is a myth that his obituary was published.

But what does all that have to do with Hailey’s Comet? Well, oddly enough, both Mark Twain's birth and his death coincided with the reappearance of Hailey’s Comet. To honor this unusual event, the United States Postal Service issued a stamped envelope for “Mark Twain and Hailey’s Comet” in 1985.
Webberlily is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
loves Tobuscus
Webkinz :)

jasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Mark Twain meets Hailey’s Comet on the Nov 30th DCT

Hello!!!!!!!
jasmine1919 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!
KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!

Hello! (:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

OMG that is my favourite quote!!!
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Gift Guru

MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!MidnightAurora is not just visiting!

Hello! Hello!
MidnightAurora is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
loves Tobuscus

jasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond reputejasmine1919 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, my cat is being so cute :3

MMMMM... Cookies & Cream ice cream.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!
KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!KinzUser2523 is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by jasmine1919
Hello!!!!!!!
Hey Jasmine!
Congrats on first!
What's up?
View Post Originally Posted by MidnightAurora
Hello! Hello!
Hey Aurora! What's up?
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
I luvz U!

Hello!!!!!!!
Hey Jasmine! congrats on first post! Here's the Mark Twain trophy for you:

View Post Originally Posted by KinzUser2523
Hello! (:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

OMG that is my favourite quote!!!
Hi KU! Congrats on second post! a Mark Twain trophy for you too:

yes it's a great quote!

View Post Originally Posted by MidnightAurora
Hello! Hello!
Hello Aurora! congrats on making the third post! and the coveted Mark Twain trophy for you:
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
loves Tobuscus

View Post Originally Posted by KinzUser2523
Hey Jasmine!
Congrats on first!
What's up?
Hey KU!
Just eating ice cream, watchin' TV..
I just had to prevent my cat from eating my ice cream

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Hey Jasmine! congrats on first post! Here's the Mark Twain trophy for you:
Thank you! How about a cookie for the trophy?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
I luvz U!

Hey KU!
Just eating ice cream, watchin' TV..
I just had to prevent my cat from eating my ice cream

Thank you! How about a cookie for the trophy?
Thanks for the cookie! and you can't blame your cat for trying! it's hard to beat cookies and ice cream.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
I ♥ Cats

smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!smookie is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

Hi guys going to bed early for once.Its 25* night.
smookie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
'ello!, 000000005 was here!, always remember....., ashlynhasheartache, bear10176 was here!!!, believe <3, dani+alex 11.21.10♥♥, disneydiva was here, foo fighterpr, funny12321 got 3rd tag, i fixy livetopic, jazzy here!, ku ate this tag, lightning :), live topic i love you!, megan wuz here, nicolethefreakisback:), roro10185's back!!!!!, smookie was here!, starbucksfun was here!!!, sugarcube4499 waz here, sunny lovers you♥, you are beautiful! ☺