Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp
 
canonymous's Avatar
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Talking Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

I just love to cook...AND I just love to eat too

Favourite recipes?
Tips?

Favourite Equipment?

What's on your mind?

Let's chat!

Anything to add?

Last edited by canonymous; 07-17-2019 at 10:33 AM..
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise

Donation Award 
Default re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

I don’t love to cook or bake.. but the instapot saves my life
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp
 
canonymous's Avatar
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
I don’t love to cook or bake.. but the instapot saves my life

I love mine too!

What do you make in it?

This one sounds easy and good. I haven't tried it yet but plan to.
Instructions for InstantPot and Slow Cooker included.

I think I would substitute chicken thighs, skip the shredding, serve with a salad and rice.

Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) or Slow Cooker

Easy Salsa Shredded Chicken

This is the EASIEST InstantPot recipe EVER! Just TWO ingredients: salsa and chicken plus some spices makes a delicious juicy chicken that can be used in tacos, over rice, salads and more!
You can also make this in your slow cooker, see directions below for both!
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon cumin
  • black pepper, to taste
  • pinch oregano
  • 1 cup chunky salsa
  • Season chicken on both sides with spices.
  • Place into the Instant Pot and cover with salsa.
  • Cover and 20 minutes. Natural release.
  • Once the Instant Pot releases the pressure, put the chicken onto a plate and use two forks to shred.
  • *If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is done.


Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 125kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Sodium: 379mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%

posted January 18, 2016 by Gina

Last edited by canonymous; 07-17-2019 at 04:13 PM..
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise

Donation Award 
Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
I love mine too!

What do you make in it?

This one sounds easy and good. I haven't tried it yet but plan to.
Instructions for InstantPot and Slow Cooker included.

I think I would substitute chicken thighs, skip the shredding, serve with a salad and rice.

Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) or Slow Cooker

Easy Salsa Shredded Chicken

This is the EASIEST InstantPot recipe EVER! Just TWO ingredients: salsa and chicken plus some spices makes a delicious juicy chicken that can be used in tacos, over rice, salads and more!
You can also make this in your slow cooker, see directions below for both!
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon cumin
  • black pepper, to taste
  • pinch oregano
  • 1 cup chunky salsa
  • Season chicken on both sides with spices.
  • Place into the Instant Pot and cover with salsa.
  • Cover and 20 minutes. Natural release.
  • Once the Instant Pot releases the pressure, put the chicken onto a plate and use two forks to shred.
  • *If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is done.


Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 125kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Sodium: 379mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%

posted January 18, 2016 by Gina
That sounds delicious! My husband and I try to stay on the keto diet most of the time (when I'm not pregnant and I've been pregnant for the majority of two years lol) and that would be perfect! I may actually do that tomorrow.

We do all kinds of things.. I literally never cook without it. BBQ pulled pork, salmon with chili lime, baked potato soup (winter comfort food), pot roast, cajun sausage and green beans, cilantro lime chicken, lemon pepper salmon, taco soup, stuffed bell peppers, white chicken chili..I even boil our eggs in it because we both eat boiled eggs every morning! There's a lot more but my brain is failing me!

But I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant and I had such a hard time eating for the majority of my pregnancy this time around so when my appetite came back I haven't been eating the greatest..so I've made chicken and dumplings in it, blueberry pancake bites, lava cake, banana bread, lol.. I hate cooking and baking but the instant pot makes it so easy and my cravings love that.
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp
 
canonymous's Avatar
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
That sounds delicious! My husband and I try to stay on the keto diet most of the time (when I'm not pregnant and I've been pregnant for the majority of two years lol) and that would be perfect! I may actually do that tomorrow.

We do all kinds of things.. I literally never cook without it. BBQ pulled pork, salmon with chili lime, baked potato soup (winter comfort food), pot roast, cajun sausage and green beans, cilantro lime chicken, lemon pepper salmon, taco soup, stuffed bell peppers, white chicken chili..I even boil our eggs in it because we both eat boiled eggs every morning! There's a lot more but my brain is failing me!

But I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant and I had such a hard time eating for the majority of my pregnancy this time around so when my appetite came back I haven't been eating the greatest..so I've made chicken and dumplings in it, blueberry pancake bites, lava cake, banana bread, lol.. I hate cooking and baking but the instant pot makes it so easy and my cravings love that.
You are WAY more experienced than I am...I do eggs too and rice...I like the way rice comes out. I make soup..broth.....I am cautious because am nervous about overcooking. Oh and Ribs...precook in the pot then send hubby out to the BBQ to sear them off.

Between the instantpot and a slowcooker, your family should be eating well when new baby comes!

I saw a little one at IKEA today..so tiny and cry so tiny too. Asked mum how old...3 days old and already out shopping! She had another young one....maybe 18 moths old..very active. Kept dad pretty busy. And grandma in the background helping out whenever she could.

Such a busy family.....you could feel the love...

Last edited by canonymous; 07-17-2019 at 06:55 PM..
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #6
Pokemon time!
Webkinz :)
 
lazygal's Avatar
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

The night before I help my dad made banana bread and I might have some tonight because my dad is nice enough to share is dessert with me. He also made today and yesterday a milkshake to drink and the another night he made pudding to eat as another kind of dessert than again I can some of the pudding too.
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #7
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise

Donation Award 
Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
You are WAY more experienced than I am...I do eggs too and rice...I like the way rice comes out. I make soup..broth.....I am cautious because am nervous about overcooking.

Between the instantpot and a slowcooker, your family should be eating well when new baby comes!
Maybe.. I have an almost 14 month old and it's babIES not baby so we will see. I'm not opposed to take out and delivery pizza for the first few weeks

Pinterest is my best friend! And my husband doesn't like eating the same thing over and over, and neither do I really.. I didn't think of any those meals on my own. Lol
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #8
Webkinz :)
 
Ioumercer's Avatar
Ioumercer knows the way
Ioumercer knows the way

Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

I love to bake! I have recently made bread, peach turnovers, peach enchiladas, key lime cake, red velvet cheesecake cake and biscuits. I'm currently working on learning to make croissants. I've been working on it for a few weeks, but am thinking I need to get the kitchen aid attachment to make them. Has any one else been successful?
Ioumercer is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise
smvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguisesmvmonkey is Justin in disguise

Donation Award 
Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
You are WAY more experienced than I am...I do eggs too and rice...I like the way rice comes out. I make soup..broth.....I am cautious because am nervous about overcooking. Oh and Ribs...precook in the pot then send hubby out to the BBQ to sear them off.

Between the instantpot and a slowcooker, your family should be eating well when new baby comes!

I saw a little one at IKEA today..so tiny and cry so tiny too. Asked mum how old...3 days old and already out shopping! She had another young one....maybe 18 moths old..very active. Kept dad pretty busy. And grandma in the background helping out whenever she could.

Such a busy family.....you could feel the love...
Just saw your edit! Awww..That's going to be me, hopefully. I am not a homebody. I have lots of help also. My best friend already had talks of a meal train for me so that'll be a lifesaver.

View Post Originally Posted by Ioumercer
I love to bake! I have recently made bread, peach turnovers, peach enchiladas, key lime cake, red velvet cheesecake cake and biscuits. I'm currently working on learning to make croissants. I've been working on it for a few weeks, but am thinking I need to get the kitchen aid attachment to make them. Has any one else been successful?
Red velvetttt.... my mouth is watering!! I loveeeee red velvet and cheesecake!
smvmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #10
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp
 
canonymous's Avatar
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Love to Cook? Bake? Let's Swap and Chat!

View Post Originally Posted by lazygal
The night before I help my dad made banana bread and I might have some tonight because my dad is nice enough to share is dessert with me. He also made today and yesterday a milkshake to drink and the another night he made pudding to eat as another kind of dessert than again I can some of the pudding too.
Yummy!

Banana bread is so good and so many different ways to make it...does your dad put nuts in or raisins or chocolate chips?

I like pudding. I found a recipe for pineapple pudding that sounds really good.
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lets get cookin

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts