Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
I Dream of Bunnies
Gifted

jhae is a name known to alljhae is a name known to alljhae is a name known to all

Default look at this

look what they said about us on kinz land

Webkinz communities are springing up everywhere with the huge craze that Webkinz have created. As with any business & markets - there are several “competing” communities which are filled with members who love the community they are a member of.
In the Webkinz market, two great Webkinz communities have grown very fast indeed: WebkinzInsider & Kinz-Land. Kinz-Land prides itself on making the webkinz community it has a very special and family-like one, whilst WebkinzInsider focuses on bringing the best in Webkinz World News to the Webkinz lovers’ eyes.
Click the image to open in full size.
(Image Used From WebkinzInsider.com)
In recent weeks, however, these two communities have seen clashes whereby, because of a recent SitePoint auction, comments have been flying around about the validity of the administrator of Kinz-Land. To avoid any excruciating detail, let’s just say that some of those Webkinz Forum rumors have been totally unfounded and bad.
Now, standing up to the rumors, several members from WebkinzInsider and Kinz-Land have each gone into “opposing” forums and started to rant about the other forums. This has caused administrators on each “side” to turn “nasty” on those members and of course… the communities they try to represent. This has led to URLs being blocked, comments being made and threads being closed.
Whatever has been done has all aided in alienating both forums from each other, until today when Justin posted a large post about the admin of this Webkinz site; and how the admin of this site had to return the post on this forum. To cut a long story short, here is the situation for Webkinz Fans in both “camps”:
WebkinzInsider is a friend of Kinz-Land. We like Webkinzinsider. We like members from Webkinzinsider and we like the people who run WebkinzInsider.
We expect that WebkinzInsider want to draw a line behind the recent spate of “flames” and now want to look forward too. We would love to be a friend of Webkinz Insider and would love to be recognized as a quality community by them.
In case Webkinz Insider have not read our Webkinz Forums, let me take this moment to formally apologize for any problems, hurt feelings and untruths that have materialized from this endeavor. We would love to become your friends and are in no way “against” you or “jealous” of you.
Tags: Webkinz, Insider, land, kinz, rumors
Click the image to open in full size.
jhae is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
shoppingroxs
Gifted

shoppingroxs will become famous soon enough

Default Re: look at this

ok i gues thats cool
Old 08-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
I Dream of Bunnies
Gifted

jhae is a name known to alljhae is a name known to alljhae is a name known to all

no it's not they say there not jelus of us
when they try to destroy us
jhae is offline Female
Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
Brazilgirl101
Gifted

dcfrog101 has a spectacular aura aboutdcfrog101 has a spectacular aura about

i think that is nice
dcfrog101 is offline Female
Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
Gift Guru

princesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clown

I don't get what they're trying to say
princesspup2007 is offline Female
Old 08-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
Pupspawz

Listen Guys Steph is Rich I will copy a post he did also
Old 08-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
oceangirl300

I don't get what they are saying.
jhae did you read Justin's comment on your thread. It explained all about "Steph" and Rich....Here is the link. Justin cleared up a lot of questions I had with that post. It is a bit to read, but it is very interesting.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ghlight=Justin
Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
Pupspawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Click the image to open in full size.
Justin and Wendy are much more fitting owners. Our staff our nice and mature - unlike theres. I'm sick of the WI is jealous of Webkinz-Land excuse, clearly when they're JEALOUS of us! Just compare the sites. The truth is the TRUTH!

Yes, and the truth shall set you free. This post is to end all the bickering and all the bashing, and is 100% the truth. I'm tired of this and I'm tired of Richard Peck masquerading as a "mother of a 3 year old" named Steph. He's taking advantage of all of his members, kids & adults alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie Click the image to open in full size.
*Sigh* Guys, come on! Steph IS an adult. She is a mother of a 3 year old. The Mods are adults too, not all of them though. They are still a good team...

Unfortunately, that is no longer true. The only adult moderator has left the site for personal reasons.

Quote:
I thought she was a mother of 1 little girl? Anyway, I do not think she acts like a 4 year old Lol. I think the rivalry between these two sites are cooling off, but everyone bashing on each other is just adding flame to the fire...Let's al just let it die down and then there may be no more rivalry...please guys, let's just let them be? I'd really like it if the sites were sister sites! So let's not post on old threads or try to make bad accounts and cause trouble...please just STOP!

Interesting that Rich can't keep his story straight when lying to everyone. When we weave such a twisted web, sometimes we get entangled with it ourselves. Unfortunately, I will never "partner" with him, because he's lied too many times to too many people.

Quote:
smachappy is telling the truth...Steph was called a child abuser, being called a man, being called a child, and she has gone through so much because of people from WI, how would you feel if that happened to you? If you accuse someone of being a child abuser...it ISN'T just being called a name..it ISN'T just fun and games...it ISN'T a joke! they could get in SERIOUS trouble, JUST for being accused! You could literally RUIN their life! And think of her child! Her precious little one! if her mommy got taken away from her...how would it make you feel if you did that to their family? I would probably have a grudge on WI if that happened to me! She doesn't hate people from WI, just the few that try to terrorize her site. She made jason MOTW!! he is from WI! She adores him! Lol

I am sure he isn't a child abuser, and that's uncalled for, but he's pulling on everyone's heart strings, even yours. He's a 17-year-old kid in the UK. I'm tired of all the back and forth, I'm tired of being blamed for people stealing passwords on Kinz-Land. I'm tired of his lies, and his trickery. I sincerely hoped that his surprise to reward the kids for the "membership drive" wasn't what I suspected, selling them a magazine subscription. I have been sitting on this information for a long time, in hopes that Rich would go on his way and leave us alone, but alas, it hasn't happened. And to see someone like yourself, obviously a caring person, defending someone who's lying to you and everyone else is really too much to bear.

Like I said before "The truth will set you free." And I also believe that everyone is "innocent until proven guilty", and that the burden of proof is on me if I am to convince you of Steph's true identity and intentions.

Let's start at the very beginning:

Way back on April 30, 2007, we were just (I believe) about to migrate to vBulletin and were still on the "Pink" theme for those of you that remember. I received the following e-mail to : justin@webkinzinsider.com

Quote:
Hi Justin

My name is Rich Peck and I am quite a respected internet marketer who specializes in “the next big thing” and virtual real estate. I am in the UK and Webkinz have not even been heard of here yet which is making me very excited because from what I hear they are flying off the shelves in the States. (Don’t know where you are located).

Anyway I am very interested in your webkinz site and am wondering if you would be willing to sell it?

All I need to know is if Ganz, Webkinz’s parent company have approved your use of their copyrighted name in your domain and how much you would be willing to let it go for, if you want to sell it.

I know it’s blunt but if you want proof of who I am – check my maiden site at http://web2effect.com.

Thanks for your time

Rich Peck,

20Spades.com
Liverpool
UK
To which I responded:

Quote:
Hey Rich,

That's encouraging, to say the least!!!!

At this point, I don't have written authorization for the domain name. I've contacting Ganz a few times but I guess they're too busy/weren't taking me seriously in the past. Maybe now that we're getting 150k hits a day, they'll listen? LOL

Thanks for the interest, I'll keep your e-mail,
Justin
We exchanged emails over the next couple of days where I explained my background (Computer Engineer with an MBA) and that Kevin and I intended to run this site in a professional-businesslike manner, treating it as a business. We all know the more professional that things are done, the more successful they are and one of the reasons that I believe WI has become as popular as it is. (But, realistically, it's all cause of you guys!!) He made some suggestions, one of which I used (a gradient background for the site). I was amazed that a "professional Internet Marketer" was only 17 years old... And that was that.

Fast forward to July 4th... I e-mailed him to let him know that I'd changed the way the forum looked and upgraded the front page to our CMS system and make it look like you see it today, and about our explosive growth in such a short period of time. He told me that he liked the site (though a bit too dark) and asked about how the ads were doing.

I responded with:

Quote:
Rich,

Interesting point on the colors and I think you're right. For some reason, I thought I emulated the webkinz.com colors without copying them, but think I went a bit dark. I think I'll lighten a bit. I do know that everyone pretty much hated the peach, so they also don't like "too bright" LOL.

With the membership, we're growing at 200-300 new members a day. No business approaches except yours, and Adsense is killing me. I was clearing about $12-13 a day and now that I've switched the front end it's dropped significantly (as in drop the 1 off the front). I'm upset and google is "working on a solution". Meanwhile, I'm losing tons of potential revenue while they take their time. Ads are either 1) displayed in Russian or 2) blank. Neither of which is very good for CTR ads, as you might imagine.

Do you have any suggestions for other ad networks? If google can't figure this out in the next day or two, I'm going to just can them because it's been about 6 days of this.

Justin
He responded with:

Quote:
Justin

www.auctionads.com

USE THEM NOW.

Webkinz is like the number 3 searched for think in ebay and auctionads is an Adsense for Ebay. Put as many auctionads on as you can!

Also, maybe try and get a toy shop to advertise on your site for say... $500/mo+

How do you maket your site to get 2-300 new signups /day!?

Rich
I forgot to respond to his e-mail, but implemented the auction ads. I'm sure many of you remember. They were pulled because they plain didn't work and slowd down the site. A week later, I got this:

Quote:
Justin,

I've been helping you along with some things on your site and it looks great, however.... I've actually got my own Webkinz site!! And I made it exactly the way which I think it should be done. You probably know it – it's at http://webkinz-land.com

My friend Steph does all the administration for it, but I've got ask – what do you think of it??

I've tried to model it on Ganz's site so that the users feel as comfortable as possible. I did some surveys so I know who I'm marketing to as well, which gives me a nice pack of cards to play with.

I'm telling you about it now simply because I think that we have a valuable business opportunity on our hands. You've got 10k+ members, I'll have 1,000 soon and have got a similar sized mailing list, which means we have about 15k Webkinz buyers one click of a button away...

I am looking for new members & expansion to overtake kinzfans.com, you are looking for more money and so I think we might be able to broker a deal with a Webkinz retailer which will be in both of our interests. What I have in mind will not only give us the competitive edge over Kinzfans & other Webkinz sites, but it will also be a valuble income stream if handled correctly.

I'm a professional marketer and so I hope you understand I "know my stuff" :-D

Reply if you want to know more about the idea & plan,

Rich
From that point on, I cut off communication with him. Judging from the date of inception on Webkinz-Land, it was before he contacted me with his suggestions and intent to buy the site and I felt totally misled. In this e-mail, he almost lays out everything in the open (minus the alter-ego part), and his intent to kill a community and overtake it, rather than build one like the rest of us have been trying to do. Shortly thereafter, Wendy found the following when searching google for "Webkinz Land".

** See attached images for parts of the Sitepoint For Sale Ad **

The listing has expired at sitepoint, but, after reading this, especially the part about posing as a girl and taking information from "young girls with lots of money", I decided to take screenshots in case they were needed for whatever reason in the future! Pay particular attention to the parts about him selling it because he's "bored" and that he disguised himself "as Steph simply because it makes it easier to sell" This further degraded Rich's character and I continued to ignore.

Notice the username on the sitepoint ad: gorx.

Check the current digg.com feed on kinz-land. Notice who submits every article?
http://digg.com/users/gorx/news/dugg

And in this, he's listed as the owner of kinz-land and lazeetools, notice the signature at the end of all the lazeetools articles? "Rich":
http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/gorx/

The sitepoint ad was when all the back-and-forth started, as you may remember. I didn't participate, but did respond to Wendy's discovery. He sent out that message that you have seen pasted in this thread 2-3 times about how Rich is Steph's techie-friend and was playing around, etc etc. The e-mail from him tells a different story. Almost the one in the sitepoint ad, but he left out the masquerading as a "mother of a 3 year old" part. Again, I let it go because it didn't matter. Then came the PMs that people were copying to me about him making up lies about WI and that we were trying to steal from them and that we had no integrity. Again, I refrained.

Then came the problems with Ganz and the change of the domain name and images on the site. And this is where Rich made his final mistake. The final proof that you need that the siteowner is not Steph and is, in fact, 17-year-old Richard Peck from the UK. In his scramble to get a new domain name, Rich forgot to select the "private registration" for kinz-land.com.

Check the WHOIS info by clicking here: http://whois.domaintools.com/kinz-land.com

As you can see, the registrant (owner), administrative and technical contacts are all Richard Peck out of Liverpool England.

In other words, he DOES own the site, just as his e-mail to me indicates. He DID intend to sell it, and he IS masquerading as Steph, a mother of a 3 year old. I'm not sure why he chose to do this, other than the fact that in nearly every dealing I've seen, including that with me, he's been concealing or lying about his intentions in some way. Perhaps that's how he lives his life. I've always been open and honest about who I am, and it's worked here for WI. If he'd been straight about who he was, and was trying to sell the site, I would leave it alone, but I'm exhausted by the threads defending him as his alter-ego, Steph.

I don't think there's much more to say. The back-and-forth needs to stop. If you like Kinz-Land, great! Kinzfans? Wonderful! WI? EVEN BETTER! One of the greatest things about the Internet is it gives us the opportunity to choose what we want, I just want you all to be informed about the choices that you are making. Case closed.
Attached ThumbnailsClick the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Theres the post Justin did
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #9
oceangirl300

Thanks Americaneagle4me for posting that.

Guys and gals that is Justin's post.....
Old 08-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
Gift Guru

princesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clown

i'm stlil so confused about steph and rich and what in the world is going on with kinzland
princesspup2007 is offline Female
Closed