Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
mommamea13
Gift Guru

mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!

Default Let's go Upward - the DCT for Jan 15th

Churches across the US (and many countries around the world!) are alive and running this morning. Can you hear it? The sounds of basketball players running up and down the courts, the crowd rooting them along and what's that? Yep, its cheerleaders cheering.

So, what is Upward? Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality found in many children sports leagues. Currently, more than 550,000 children (K5- sixth (or 8th) grade) participate in Upward Sports leagues. For over 15 years, Upward Sports has been conducting exciting children's sport leagues and camps in the US and around the world. (Upward Sports - Providing the best sports experience for every child)

Checking out Upward Sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -
Upward Sports is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Spartanburg, S.C., U.S.A. A Christian sports league designed for kids in grades K5 – 6, Upward Sports offers four sports programs—basketball, flag football, soccer and cheerleading as well as ball hockey in Canada.
Founded in 1995 by Caz McCaslin, Upward Sports' programs are designed to be both competitive and fun. According to their website, Upward Sports seeks to provide children with "skills for the sports arena and values for life." While training children with the athletic skills needed to participate at the next level, Upward Sports stresses biblical values—such as leadership, teamwork, integrity and respect—as much as winning.

Historical Highlights
1986 - Caz McCaslin developed a basketball program that incorporated athletic skills and values for success on and off the court—including sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity and respect for authority
1994 - McCaslin's church reached the maximum number of athletes that could participate by outpacing the gymnasium's capacity (despite a renovation); a waiting list was created
1995 - Launched first nationwide season of Upward Sports when seven churches hosted Upward Basketball Leagues with several hundred players
2000 - Expanded to include soccer and basketball cheerleading
2003 - The 1,000th church hosted an Upward Sports League
2005 - Added flag football and flag football cheerleading. Launched first Upward Sports international league in Cape Town, South Africa
2006 - More than 400,000 children participated in Upward Sports for the first time. Launched the first Upward Sports League in Canada
2007 - International expansion continued as a league launched in Ukraine
2007 - Military scholarship instituted for children of military men and women deployed overseas
2008 - First South American league launched in Brazil
2009 - Some 2,600 churches worldwide host Upward Sports Leagues with 520,000 children and 480,000 volunteers, coaches and referees in 46 states and four countries (Brazil, Canada, South Africa, Ukraine)

Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

Default Re: Let's go Upward - the DCT for Jan 15th

Heyyyy guyyys!!! ooh first posteh?
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
mommamea13
Gift Guru

mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by tiggy2
Heyyyy guyyys!!! ooh first posteh?
You got it! Congrats on the 1st post.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

That's really cool!My 3rd time, I think! I did it twice back in 09.
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
mommamea13
Gift Guru

Don't forget - Winterfest starts today in WKW!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Call me Sarah! c:

Really? Thanks for reminding me! Better get on WKW too then!
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
mommamea13
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by tiggy2
Really? Thanks for reminding me! Better get on WKW too then!
Yep, me too.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Call me Sarah! c:

So how was your Friday night? Mine was pretty awesome, I talked with my friend on the phone for 5 hours!
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
mommamea13
Gift Guru

mine was kind of long. Worked late, then had to clean house. Today, we are headed to church for our Upward program. I coach 2 cheerleading squads. Then, we are having a slumber party.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
Call me Sarah! c:

Oooh, a slumber party sounds fun! A slumber party's my next update for my persian's blog in the Family forum!
tiggy2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
000000005 was here!, bear10176 was here!!!, beckisback, buzz buzz, code wowewe, dctastic, i got a tag, it's jj(:, jenn :], kevinelevin was here!, kristy not happy, lps3cheese got a tag! o_o, luna is back!, melanie </3, myhorsesnot4u was here!!!, pavelec is the best, rylee roo loves you!, scarlet got first tags?, shine outward not inward, smookie was here!, starbucksfun was here!!!, tiggywazhere, webkinzro snagged a tag!, _converse_, ~l u n a k i t t y~