Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: iPod Nano Help---I know nothing about iPods! LOL

I read through some reviews for the iPod nano 6th generation, and it seems they dropped quite a bit of the capabilities of the previous generations.
I would recommend getting the 5th generation iPod nano, as it has the most features.
I'm not sure where you'd be able to get them though. Possibly through Amazon or something like that
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #12
at
Webkinz :)

RevivedHooligan challenges the impossibleRevivedHooligan challenges the impossible
RevivedHooligan challenges the impossibleRevivedHooligan challenges the impossibleRevivedHooligan challenges the impossible

the newer ones have more memory space and are cheaper to buy new since they are more common now. however i've noticed that they tend to run their battery dry even when you're not using it. (my mom's and my sister's 5 gen nanos both do this)
i'd go with a gen 6, the new touch screen ones.
RevivedHooligan is offline Male
Old 11-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Banned
shreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshine
shreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshine

The newer nano with Multi-Touch is too small for my liking. I have the 5th gen and prefer it.. But I don't use either of them anymore. I'm sticking to the good ol' iPod touch.

If you like super small iPods that have a touch-screen then go for the newer one. The 5th gen has that scrolling wheel thing, like the classic iPod. (sorry if i messed up on the generations, I'm not very good at those XP)

The multi-touch one is really small. I recommend looking at its actual size before you go buying it :S
shreds97 is offline Male
Old 11-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #14

Amortentia is a name known to allAmortentia is a name known to allAmortentia is a name known to all

It's very difficult to find a past generation.
I would say to go with whatever is available.
XOXO, Vina
Amortentia is offline Female
Old 11-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #15
<333

bluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulous
bluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulous

The Apple store only sells the newest version (: If you want an older one, you would have to find one on Ebay or Amazon or something (: I personally would get the newest one though!
bluedogfrog is offline Female
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Thanks so much for all your help!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

5th gen. it's more of an ipod to me, whereas the 6th gen is just too small for me. it's up to you, though. i had the 5th gen before i got the touch, and it served me very well.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Ooh, I can help!

I got an iPod nano last year, so I know a little about them. (:

As far as I know, unless you look on Kijiji/Ebay or at a pawn shop, you won't be able to get any older than the latest generation (7th I think? xD). I wanted an older one originally, but I was told that they only make the newest gen. (:

The new iPod nano is small, square and touch screen. (It's only 1.5"x1", but I found it nice and sturdy, it survived me. xD) It is really small, but since it's designed for is music, this really doesn't bother me.

It has a clip so it can clip on to your bag, clothes, etc. (The whole back is the clip, if you know what I mean.) Your music & other stuff like photos are accessed by little square touch icons, like apps. (You'll get SO many people ask if it can use apps, it doesn't. )

It supports songs and photos, (you can't take photos, only upload them) a clock, plus has the radio (really cool feature) and a pedometer, which is kind of cool. However it does not play videos, I accidentally bought one and learned the hard way without checking. It has the shake-to-shuffle feature, plus voice-over. And the battery lasts a really long time, 24 hours.

Music uploading on iTunes is fairly simple, but Apple's website is tricky to navigate for me (this might be just me though ) so the easiest way to get help is to google it and click the apple link. xD

I really liked my nano for music, (I upgraded to a touch though, I wanted the apps :3) I highly reccomend it. (:

Oh, and last thing: Never use an mp3 charger to charge it. xD I guess people can do this with iPod touches, (my friends do anyway ) but I tried it before with my nano, and it messed it up and I had to reset it. Don't try this at home.

I hope this helps. :3 The apple website for it:

Apple - iPod nano - Music with Multi-Touch, FM radio, and more.

Last edited by luv2writeNS; 11-29-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Closed

Tags
mickey26