Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

Default Re: insomniaaaaaa

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
this is going to turn into a vent very, very quickly

okay
so

last night
DEAD TIRED
went to bed at my normal early time of 10:00
wanted to get sleep so i'd be prepared for school today
but instead my body was all like "LOLNO HOW ABOUT YOU GO TO SLEEP AT 3:00"
so i did
and now i'm not at school because 1) if i was, i would have only gotten two hours of sleep and i cannot function on that, and 2) i have a pretty bad headache because i didn't sleep at all.

BUT WAAAE

i've never had this happen to me before
i was SO TIRED
i am still SO TIRED
but i couldn't sleep AT ALL
and now i'm even MORE stressed out because my huge chemistry test got moved to TOMORROW
and they're reviewing for FINAL EXAMS today
and because of me skipping because i'm a big baby who gets a headache and thinks the world's ending missing school today, my thanksgiving break has turned into a six-day break.
AND I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING
and i'm SURE i'm not going to do well on the test tomorrow
especially since i'm SURE i won't be able to sleep tonight because OHMYGOD A CHEMISTRY TEST. THIS BASICALLY DECIDES WHAT MY GRADE WILL BE AND IT'S TEETERING ON 90% RIGHT NOW AND IF I DON'T GET A GOOD GRADE MY PARENTS WILL BE MAD AND

ohey there's the vent

but yeah
i got no sleep
i can't sleep now because it's bright out and my body's like "lolwut it's almost 10:00 in the morning on monday wae u be sleepy"
and i feel guilty because i know my parents want me to do well on the test and now i have this random bout of insomnia
and i'm stressed because i want to do well on the test because i studied for it so hard
and i'm worried because i haven't had insomnia this bad since i was like six years old and it just came out of NOWHERE and there's no real reason for it and it's monday, what if this happens all the other days of the week too
and i'm moodier and crankier than usual because i'm tired and i have a headache and i'm stressed and IT'S TOTALLY THE END OF THE WORLD
okay maybe not

so

have any of you ever had insomnia? what'd you do about it? did it just go away on its own? did you find some sort of technique that worked for you? i'm basically desperate because i don't want to miss another day of school (lol wow i sound like a nerd but missing school when you're my age means you miss like a boatload of homework that you have no idea how to do because they "went over it in class")
for occasional insomnia they sell sleeping pills to help you fall asleep. if it happens a lot and you dont want to do to the doctor, natures bounty sells a good melatonin pill. if you take it like 30 minutes before bed it helps you fall and stay asleep. i recommend the 60 count bottle with the gel capsules that are quick release.

also make sure to tire yourself out during the day. get some exercise so you are tired.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
Jar Jar is happily
Gifted

YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness
YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness

I've had insomnia before, it is not fun. What I did was I took some liquid melatonin before I went to bed. It's supposed to help you sleep, and it definitely worked for me. Have you tried that? I hope I helped! ^^
YOMCNUGGET is offline Female
Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
Party Pat is
Gifted

bluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no bounds
bluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no boundsbluemorpho knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by Fairmaidenbmt
I always create little stories in my mind or pretend to be my fictional characters (just don't get so involved that you get excited xD make them do something calm.)
This is what I do when I'm trying to go to sleep. I have these little, what I call "mind stories". Usually the inspiration comes from a dream or sometimes I'll make up fan-fictions (xD). Sometimes I'll even do most of creating the story during the day time and then I just replay what I've already made up. Sometimes I think the replaying is what makes it work to make me sleep. I hope you did ok on your Chemistry test and that you don't have to worry about insomnia anymore.
bluemorpho is offline Female
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Take your clock out of the room totally. Better yet, sleep in your basement or garage or somewhere where you have to get up to see the clock. This will make the room darker, plus you're not going to be staring at it and then counting how many hours of sleep you're going to get. It's mostly in your head.
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Lets wing it
Webkinz :)

Mirastar knows no boundsMirastar knows no bounds
Mirastar knows no boundsMirastar knows no boundsMirastar knows no boundsMirastar knows no boundsMirastar knows no boundsMirastar knows no bounds

You could try reading, drinking something hot and uncaffienated, listening to quiet classical music, or using the force.

These things help me.

I hope you do well tomorrow, thinking of you.
Mirastar is offline Female
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Haha, I have constant Insomnia. I'm lucky if I get to sleep at 1AM. O_o
I think I've gotten so use to hardly any sleep that that is how I function. I usually wake up at either 5:30 or 6 depending on if my dad left the car for me to drive, or if I have to ride the bus (gross). Then, after going to school for 7 hours, I come home and CRASH. I take about 4 hour naps during the afternoon.

I'm so unhealthy.

Some things that help me get to sleep are:

Various pills in large quantities (Nyquil; Aleve; Motrin...etc.)
Warm milk with cinnamon and honey
My Lullaby Playlist on my Ipod
Watching the News

I think my major problem is I cannot stop THINKING when I lay down in bed. Seriously, as soon as I hit the pillow I begin analyzing the worlds problems.
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
AmazingPhil is
Gifted

kabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guide

I have had life long insomnia. I wish I was kidding xD My parents said I rarely slept as a baby and I have continued to do that.

When I try to fight it, I try reading or listening to music while lying face down on my pillows. Drinking water seems to help me, but I know that doesn't work for everyone.

Try not to think a lot, I guess. I find it harder to fall asleep when thoughts or story ideas are rampaging through my head.
kabutofan is offline Female
Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #18

Dianah25 knows the way
Dianah25 knows the wayDianah25 knows the way

I get insomnia A LOT! I JUST HATE IT! Like, if I really feel tired and i go to bed early at like nine, then i usually end up waking up in the middle of the night at like three. Then during that time, im so like groggy that i cant think straight and sometimes I even see weird things, like in my room. Then i end up never falling back asleep!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #19

mitfy has disabled reputation

When it's a school night, I try not to drink anything with caffeine otherwise it'll keep me up all night. I have insomnia most nights. I usually turn on the tv and just lay there until I fall asleep.
mitfy is offline Female
Closed

Tags
applesauce