Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #21
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default Re: I'm scared, please help!

View Post Originally Posted by BubbleQueen
OMG!
I get headacks all the time and i think they are migrians but I am not shure. You can do it! Hang in and if it gets any worse tell some one. You can also get medision for it.

Do you know who God is?
If it is a migrane, it is a headache that feel so bad that you want to rip your head off and chuck it across the room. Also, you will be sensitive to light and sound, and will feel like barfing. Sometimes, you will actually barf. I haven't gotten a migrane yet, but I'm supposed to, because I have a LONG family history of migranes. Migranes are often herititory (spelling?) so I bet you are getting them because someone in you family gets migranes. And most likely, you will have them again. You can go to the store and by some special pills for migranes, or ask your doctor for some medicine.
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
ATL really are
Gifted

*Tiger*Rocks*WebKinz* has a spectacular aura about*Tiger*Rocks*WebKinz* has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by ~Shadowfax~
I'm scared. Today I had a migraine. I've never had one before. It wasn't really severe, and it lasted less than an hour, but it was dreadful, and I'm afraid it'll happen again. My mom doesn't think I need to go to the doctor, but what if I get another one?!
I had one on Friday..I couldnt see out of my right eye..I had to try and like blink it away..but It came back.
I'm sorry that happened to you though..
Try Asprin..and dont worry about it until you actually get one..
*Tiger*Rocks*WebKinz* is offline Female
Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #23
kkc5173
Webkinz :)

KarenC is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
if you keep on getting them a lot,go to the doctor because this happened to my mom and when she went to the doctor they found out she had high blood pressure High Blood Pressure is when you get mad you can have a stroke and our heart attack and you can't have salt a lot
Everyones blood pressure goes up when they are mad or stressed. People can have high blood pressure for many reasons! If high blood pressure is left untreated it can damage the muscles in your heart. There are a lot of medicines out there that your doctor can prescribe for you to treat high blood pressure. A lot of plaque in your carotid arteries (if left untreated) or a blood clot that moves to your brain is what normally causes a stroke!!

Sorry to get off topic I just wanted to clarify what high blood pressure is!!

---------- KarenC added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
PS.my mom had like 5 headaches a day thats why she went to the doctor so dont worry she must of got it from her parents
Not all headaches are migraines. Some people get stress headaches which is normally several headaches a day. If you spend to much time in front of the computer, watching to much TV, or try to read in poor light you may just get a really bad headache.

Most people do not inherit migraine headaches from their parents. I know plenty of people who get them and no one in their family has a family history of them. Some people just get them and others don't. Also some people grow out of them as they get older!!

---------- KarenC added 7 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

I would wait to go to your family doctor until you have had another bad headache. Most doctors will not give you meds until you have had more than one!! The doctor will ask you all these questions able what you were doing when it started, how long it lasted, what symtoms did you have, and what you did to treat it.

Also aspirin is not recommended to give to children anymore!! Please do not take aspirin if you are a child/teenager!!

Last edited by KarenC; 11-08-2008 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KarenC is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #24
fashionista♥

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

I know I've already posted, but drinking lots of water helps too!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #25
webkin1cutie

webkin1cutie is on a distinguished road

ok, i am in gymnastics and get them all the time, here is how to get rid of them.
lay down in front of a wanll and walk your feet up the wall and stay like that
webkin1cutie is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

They're usually brought on by stress or staring at one thing (i.e. computer) too long. You've got no need to worry unless they are frequent and last more than three hours, or you've got a family history of migraines. One of my Mom's friend's husband had severe migraines but it actually turned out to be a brain tumor. But you've got no need to worry if this is the only one you've ever had and you don't get them frequently.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #27
Is Justin a

grundoluvir will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by ~Shadowfax~
I'm scared. Today I had a migraine. I've never had one before. It wasn't really severe, and it lasted less than an hour, but it was dreadful, and I'm afraid it'll happen again. My mom doesn't think I need to go to the doctor, but what if I get another one?!

I'm sorry,,,,,, I get really bad migrains alot. my advice is stay off the comp, don't watch tv, just lay on the couch or in bed. dont read much, either.
grundoluvir is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #28

~Shadowfax~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Great advice everyone! Thanks! And Webkin1cutie, that's an interesting technigue, but I'll have to give it a try! (usually the weird technigues are the ones that work! lol)
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #29
Gift Guru

LunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledge

If the migraines persist, you may want to keep a food diary. Sometimes, foods can trigger migraines.

My mom, for example, cannot eat cheddar cheese which has orange dye in it, or she gets a terrible mirgraine.

Many of the other suggestions here are great too! I hope you don't get any more! They are so horrible I get the occasionally. I can't look outside, sounds make me nauseas...blah.

*hugs*
LunarKitten is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #30

Iwantthemall is just really niceIwantthemall is just really nice

I sometimes get really sick to my stomach if I can't get my advil in time. My mom is trying to figure out what seems to happen before. She said sometimes certain foods or activites can bring them on. I only know I hate them.
Closed