Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #21
omg snazz...wait wat
Gifted

namicole has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: I need some style tips from the 1980s

I will show u what I got and this girl on there has a tie on:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...06_700x700.jpg
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
laineysmommy
Gifted

laineysmommy is on a distinguished road

Legwarmwers, jelly bracelets, off the shoulder ripped sweatshirts, neon colors, parachute pants, tight stretch jeans, big shaker knit sweaters and leggings, most importantly curl back hair LOL
Old 10-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #23
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

ok, if you can get pleated jeans that's good. otherwise we used to use safety pins to pin the bottoms of our jeans tight at the ankles. just the last few inches though.

curl your hair. big bangs if you have bangs. if no bangs, try a headband and poof your hair above your forhead. hair was really big in the 80s.

we wore kind of oversized shirts untucked, but belted too. also, put your collar up. if it's a blouse, button the top button, keep the points of the collar down in front, but have it go up in the back. or see if you can borrow a tuxedo shirt.

any other questions?
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
Gift Guru

sba1995 is a glorious beacon of lightsba1995 is a glorious beacon of light

OKay, I'm a proud girl of the 80s. We would "baby roll" our jeans. That is when you fold over the bottom to make them tight and then roll them up a couple of times to make them stay. We would where layers socks of different colors to match our layered shirts of different colors with the sleeves rolled to show the color of the shirt underneath. Polos work well with the collar turned up preppy of course. We would put our hair up in a ponytail on the top of our head all teased out. or you could french braid it starting from the neckline and braid up leaving the ponytail on top of your head. Very big earrings were a must. WE would also where a belt on the outside of our shirts. If this is confusing let me know and I'll try to find some pics. Hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #25
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

oh, try this link too:
http://www.kidzworld.com/article/200...nd-fashion-101

it looks kid safe, but you may want to have a parent check it with you because there's lots of links and ads. i'd want to look at it with my daughter.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #26
Gift Guru

kebkinzlovers2 will become famous soon enough

thanks so muc for the link! That was helpful, but I still need a lot more help!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #27
crazykindathingcalle
Gifted

pinktink9 is a jewel in the roughpinktink9 is a jewel in the rough

Here is an idea...
(We had to do this 4 our schools homecoming float)

Leg warmers
a tye dye shirt
jeans with a skirt over them
For shoes....
JELLIES!Click the image to open in full size.
Or THESE SKATEBOARDING SHOES! (they are comfy, i own 3 pairs of them!)
or the converse ones
Attached Images
File Type: bmpYorkie.bmp (291.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: bmpuntitled.bmp (407.3 KB, 15 views)
pinktink9 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #28
Gift Guru

kebkinzlovers2 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by sba1995
OKay, I'm a proud girl of the 80s. We would "baby roll" our jeans. That is when you fold over the bottom to make them tight and then roll them up a couple of times to make them stay. We would where layers socks of different colors to match our layered shirts of different colors with the sleeves rolled to show the color of the shirt underneath. Polos work well with the collar turned up preppy of course. We would put our hair up in a ponytail on the top of our head all teased out. or you could french braid it starting from the neckline and braid up leaving the ponytail on top of your head. Very big earrings were a must. WE would also where a belt on the outside of our shirts. If this is confusing let me know and I'll try to find some pics. Hope this helps.
I am still kinda confused, can u post pics?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #29
i have 2 so plz ask
Gift Guru

jennanoelle is just really nicejennanoelle is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by namicole
Not to be pushy or anything but that is the 60s! And I will post what I think soon ok!
i think thats like 40 or 20s
Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #30
norm go mooooooooooo
Gift Guru
cheekydogluver88 has much to be proud ofcheekydogluver88 has much to be proud ofcheekydogluver88 has much to be proud ofcheekydogluver88 has much to be proud of

a giant afro. lol jk. do you ahve glasses? they rock.
cheekydogluver88 is offline Female
Closed