Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

Default I, a 4.0 GPA student, have been placed with the most horrible imbeciles for my groupmates.

Indeed. In almost every single one of my classes(minus English and Algebra Enriched) I am placed with people much stupider than me and it is terrible.

In P.E., since nearly nobody likes me and our teacher lets us pick our own partners, I always get stuck with one of the two lousiest kids in the class. I know I sound rude, but it is annoying. Two kids. Two quarters so far. P.E. every day. So far, every activity we pick our own partners I get stuck with one of them.

In Science: I have a calling in the field of science. Our teacher is cool, but no A+'s in her class, but I have a quote "phenomonally strong A" in her class. There is a pretty nice girl who was in my homeroom last year, J, does about average. Then, two boys I will call B and C. They try to copy my paper for group assignments, and when I say no, they go after J, and she says yes because she thinks they are her friends.

History: I have two relatively dumb kids at my table, but they are very funny and nice, so I don't care about their grades at all, and try to help them out. There is one incident that happened mid-first quarter though, and this is the overall reason I hat copiers and cheaters. Our teacher gave us partners for an Islamic resource map, where we had to read information, then write an outline and create a map. I got paired with a boy I didn't know really well called M. The first thing he said to me, as soon as he sat down next to me, was "Are you going to get me an A?" I wanted to slap that obnoxious pig so hard he'd fall off his chair. Needless to say, I was copied off of for the entire assignment. Who else has had bad experience with cheaters and copiers? Well, thanks for letting me vent!

-Alcnor
Alcnor is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
superbat33
Gift Guru

superbat33 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: I, a 4.0 GPA student, have been placed with the most horrible imbeciles for my groupmates.

I understand your frustrations and I to believe cheating is wrong however you used some pretty harsh words in your little vent. Maybe you shouldn't be so worried about other peoples grades. It's fine to want to be an A+ student, but the truth is not evrybody wants that or can get that so you need to chill a little.
superbat33 is offline Female
Old 12-06-2007, 01:31 AM   #3
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

Default Re: I, a 4.0 GPA student, have been placed with the most horrible imbeciles for my groupmates.

No, it is not as much that I judge them on their grades,I am calling them imbeciles(like B and C) because they do not get good grades, but they don't even try, they are total jerks, and they cheat! I am calling them imbeciles because of their personaility and work habits, not their grades. their grades are just proof.
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 12-06-2007, 02:12 AM   #4
Gifted
smokybear will become famous soon enough

Alcnor, I can understand your frustration. I was paired with people who just didn't seem to care about getting the work done. They only wanted to talk, and relied on most of my work. Fortunately, the worst case was corrected by a teacher after a few weeks (by a partner change).

Two things to consider, and maybe neither apply to you, so please don't misunderstand my intent. I am making no assumptions about you, just noting a few things I've seen in my time.
Sometimes a teacher will pair a less motivated/capable student with a great student to try to help out the poorer student (and even help the great student too). If the better student doesn't just take over due to impatience/disgust at the other's slowness, the lesser student can learn much. It is true that we sometimes are more willing to learn from someone our own age. This, unfortunately, has no effect if the lesser student just doesn't care and is lazy.
The second thing to consider is only something you can answer (again, no judgment made here). You obviously are motivated and talented. Do you allow your natural abilities justify a feeling of superiority over others? Such feelings are often conveyed in body language and would cause a lack of "friendliness" in others. I know from experience that the lesser students do feel like the better students are snobs and avoid them/look down on them. I was one of the better students put in a mandatory class with many "rough" students. Of those offered the chance of independent study in the library, I was the only one who did not go (even though it was real tempting). I never fit in, but by the end I was accepted, and I even had one person thank me for staying ; he felt it showed I was not trying to say I was better than them even if I was more talented/motivated than them.
I hope these thoughts will help you see other possibilities. If they don't apply, ignore them. I have been out of school for a number of years, but that trait of depending on others' work doesn't go away, as many working people can tell you. It is so frustrating at times, but there are still many people who don't do this. Also, many of the cheaters eventually trap themselves so that their cheating is seen for what it is (just not as fast as we might like).
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
No day but today
Gift Guru

Thank you for your great advice; I must admit, sometimes I feel slightly superior because these are the kids who used to tease me, so I now see what they truly are, but I never act it. Only two of my friends are smarter than me, so I do not make friends based on intellect. And yes, when I was with M in history, I tried to go faster than him, but only because of one of his remarks, "Why can't you go any faster?" I was trying to do a good job. Thus, trying to go ahead of him.
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 12-06-2007, 03:36 AM   #6
sheekymonkey
Gift Guru

sheekymonkey has a spectacular aura about

same here i get straight a's on everything last year on exams i got all 5's and a perfect on both nrt's so i am in advanced art which is only available for seventh and eighth graders! but since i in advanced classes ji don't have that problem!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
iluvbooks94
Gifted

iluvbooks94 is just really niceiluvbooks94 is just really nice

I feel your pain. I've had the same problem since Kindergarden. I was always the smartest kid in my class, so i got paired with the dumb kids so they could scrape one good grade. Needless to say I always did most of the project. However, I recently started asking my teachers if I could do projects on my own, that it would help me much more than carrying someone else. If you have a good case, maybe you can fly solo too.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
No day but today
Gift Guru

Unfortunately, that tends to make me look like a snob, and it is just so embarassing for me. I have only done that once,m last year. Was paired with two girls, we had a week to make a Roman board game, we were getting nowhere, they hated my ideas, so with two days left I quit, worked like mad, and had a half decent boardgame.

Last edited by Alcnor; 12-07-2007 at 01:06 AM..
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 12-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
Gift Guru

cupcakeface13 will become famous soon enough

it seems that i always get paired up with people who don't do anything and i always end up doing the entire project by myself and they end up getting an A for nothing. like for questech, we have to do this project where we have to plan out a roadtrip from washington dc to san diego and i get paired up with this guy who never does any work, he gets like 30s on his tests, and has detention like everyday (plus ISS the other day) so i'll probably end up doing that all by myself...again.
cupcakeface13 is offline Female
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

river12 is on a distinguished road

I have! There is a boy in my math class that cheats off everyone. The smartest boy in class sits next to him and he cheats off of him, me and my friends! It makes me so mad! He would fail if he didn't have people to cheat off of!
Closed