Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

Default How to stop shopping?? D:

Ok, I need help. Does anybody have tips on how to stop shopping??
I'm a shopaholic. I shop when I'm bored. I shop when I'm sad. I shop when I'm happy. I love shopping and I do way to much of it!
Last week, my parents told me that we were going to Florida on vacation in 3 months, so my mind automatically went to saving money so I could shop there. But since then, I've already spent $50 on stuff I don't need! I bought a hoodie when I already have 4, I bought belts when all my jeans fit fine, I bought a T-Shirt when I already have a closet full, and I bought 2 pairs of leggings when I don't even wear leggings. So much for saving. So I seriously need help. :p
I think that one of my issues is I always go shopping with one of my friends, who is also a shopaholic. I don't blame her for me buying stuff, but she does have am impact on it. Today we went to the mall and were inside a store and she had 3 items she wanted, and I had nothing. She said this to me, "Come on, dude! Why don't you have anything? Grab stuff, try things on. You have to find at least one thing you like."
So yes, she does have an impact on me spending money. I know a good thing would be to just stop shopping with her, but its always so much fun!
ANYWAY. Sorry this is so long >.< But.. Does anybody have any tips? :\
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

Default Re: How to stop shopping?? D:

When you go out, take a few dollars with you so you have some just in case, don't spend it unless you really NEED to. Leave the rest at home. If your parents give you money, have them hang on to it and tell them to only give it to you when they think you are making a smart purchase on something you need.

Also, if you need to satisfy your craving to browse around and go to the store to look for things to buy, look at things online. That way you won't be able to buy anything unless you have access to your parents' credit/paypal account.

Another smart thing you could do is start a savings account in your bank and only withdraw the money to make an important purchase that you've been saving up for.

Good luck.
I'm not much of a shopaholic myself, but my family is TERRIBLE (especially my dad and sister)!
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

It seems as if the reason that you shop so much is for comfort. Just like some people eat Oreos whenever they walk by them ( ) or how some people bite their nails when they're nervous, you shop when you need something to think about. I don't think you should quit shopping, but you should definitely make some rules, because this can cause problems when you are a grown up. Try only shopping once a month, and try to make it at a certain time each month. Write some expectations, like "I have to work and save 30 dollars to be able to shop" or "I have to improve my letter grade in one subject to be able to spend".

Also, you could try only taking a certain amount of money with you to the store, so you don't spend a trillion dollars. Trying looking online and planning what you're going to buy before you go to the store. Also, see if you could ask your parents to try to watch your trips too? It seems like your friend really does have an impact, so try joining a sport or a club with her and getting obsessed with that I suggest learning to make clothes, because then You have custom clothes AND you're saving money good luck!
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
Gifted

Craftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyond
Craftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyondCraftyreader goes above and beyond

Act like you have money. Hide it. And then remember, when you go shopping, you're just spending the money you could save for vacation. Maybe punish yourself if you spend a lot on stuff you don't need. Like, if you were going to get ice cream, later, don't because you already spent money on clothes. And when you leave the house, simply take some change and a few dollars in case you need that money, but don't take all of your savings. If you have it, you'll spend it. (:
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dot Jr.
When you go out, take a few dollars with you so you have some just in case, don't spend it unless you really NEED to. Leave the rest at home. If your parents give you money, have them hang on to it and tell them to only give it to you when they think you are making a smart purchase on something you need.

Also, if you need to satisfy your craving to browse around and go to the store to look for things to buy, look at things online. That way you won't be able to buy anything unless you have access to your parents' credit/paypal account.

Another smart thing you could do is start a savings account in your bank and only withdraw the money to make an important purchase that you've been saving up for.

Good luck.
I'm not much of a shopaholic myself, but my family is TERRIBLE (especially my dad and sister)!
Great advice!
Really, the best thing to do is not take a lot of money with you.
Maybe keep $10-$20, in case you see something you really need.
Keep the rest at home, or in the bank.
Or, another thing I know people have done: Go to the store, and get one of those Visa Gift Cards. Load up $x, and then put the rest of your money in your bank. Once the money on your card is done, you can't shop anymore. It's like a debit card basically, if you think about it. Just don't allow yourself to spend money. It's kinda like eating candy. A little bit won't hurt, but it's hard to stop after awhile, and you en up getting in trouble down the line.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Closed

Tags
lady wants a pickle