Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
sonja54321
Webkinz :)

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

Default How should i deal with an unfair grader?

Nearly everyone in my class thinks that, when it comes to grading, my teacher is unreasonable. He takes points off for petty things like adding a period at the end of a sentence in an outline (he said we weren't supposed to do that) and doesn't even glance at content. He is very vague when giving directions but when we hand things in he expects it to be done in a VERY precise manner. I've tried to ask him to give us a sheet or type up on a website what exactly he want's but he either doesn't answer or says 'relax'. I'm normally a strait A student and when I do my best, other than this year, I have always gotten a very good score. I'm not used to spending three hours on a piece of homework, going over it multiple times and getting a B or C when my content was perfectly fine. How do I deal with this? Mostly it's just for outlines, but he is also unfair for reading and science questions. He always gives three questions, which means that if you get one wrong you get an F. I would be fine with this if he was a fair grader, but he marks the entire question wrong if there is one grammar mistake and the answer is correct. I have my parents go over my work and he still manages to find things wrong with it. I'm struggling to keep up my straight A average and after his new policy of no redoes, I'm having a very stressful time. Any tips on how to talk to him or make sure I do what he wants me to do would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. He is really difficult to talk to because he enjoys either twisting or arguing with with the phrasing of absolutely everything you say and never actually answers direct questions. For example if you said "Is their any particular reason you are giving us so many assignments on this one story? You usually only give us one." He would respond with "I disagree with your use of "so many" and then go on about how it was incorrectly phrased, never answering you original question.

~Just so you know, in other respects this is one of the best, most successful teachers I have ever had, it is only homework and questions that I dislike~

Last edited by labradorian; 01-21-2012 at 12:08 PM..
labradorian is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: How should i deal with an unfair grader?

Sorry this is happening to you
I see you've already tried talking to your teacher about it, so I would suggest going to your parents. They can talk to your teacher or principal. It's not just you this is happening to, it's a bunch of kids, so obviously the teacher is the problem. Something needs to be done.
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
sonja54321

labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by WackyZingoz211
Sorry this is happening to you
I see you've already tried talking to your teacher about it, so I would suggest going to your parents. They can talk to your teacher or principal. It's not just you this is happening to, it's a bunch of kids, so obviously the teacher is the problem. Something needs to be done.
The problem is, other than this, he is a really really good teacher. No one wants him fired and he has been in the school long enough to have actually taught some of the the teachers teaching now. I dislike his grading methods, but If I told on him, not only would he be annoyed at me but lots of people in my class would be too. Even the kids getting Ds and Fs from him still think he is great at nearly everything but grading.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

the spanish teacher here marks things wrong like that too, like if you miss one small letter or forget an accent. that is why i take german, my teacher is the best.

anyway, my math teacher is kind of like that-- like if you forget stuff then she marks it wrong, even if the content is right. she just calls it "style points" (crazy lady *cough*)

the only thing i can think of is make sure you get everything
like ... make a list of things with the stuff he marks wrong and add to it each time you get something wrong, so when you do stuff, you can refer to the list and make sure everything is right

(like if you miss a period, go to your list and write "Make sure periods are there" and then keep doing that and then your list will be full of info you should remember and you can always refer to that)
Old 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

i know you are going to hate my response but sometimes you need to adjust yourself to fit your teacher's needs

this is especially important in college
when you are gonna get teachers that stink and you can't do anything about it besides try your best

besides, in the long run he is probably trying to prepare you for the real world when you can't make errors like forgetting a period
Old 01-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
sonja54321

View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39
i know you are going to hate my response but sometimes you need to adjust yourself to fit your teacher's needs

when you are gonna get teachers that stink and you can't do anything about it besides try your best

besides, in the long run he is probably trying to prepare you for the real world when you can't make errors like forgetting a period
Yeah. And it wasn't forgetting a period, it was putting one in where it would be if it was a regular assignment. In outlines my teacher says that you aren't allowed to add periods but lots of people accidentally do because they are so used to adding peiods at the ends of regular sentences.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Love is Love

Mint Chip is an unparalleled talent
Mint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talent

I would get your parents to set up a conference with him
Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #8

RandomRain(: is just really niceRandomRain(: is just really nice

I have a teacher almost exactly like him. When I ask her questions, she dodges them, gives me an answer that doesn't help on the assignment, or gives me a vague answer that puts me off track. And I know how you feel, I'm a straight A student as well, and it gets frustrating when teachers like these try to throw you off track and mislead you. I suggest, when he gives you a new assignment, if there is even on little thing you don't understand, stand up and go speak with him. If he dodges the question or alternates the answer, ask once more but phrase it differently. If it still doesn't work, I suggest getting your parents to speak with a principal or supervisor because honestly, it'll be easy for you & other people to drop grades if this is how he teaches. Good luck(:
RandomRain(: is offline Female
Old 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

That is one strict teacher. You should take to the school about it and maybe they can get through to him. Getting one question wrong is like a B not an F getting them all wrong is an F but just getting one? I'd be mad and ask like why!. Talk to your parents about it and maybe they can call the school or something and maybe get you a different teacher
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡

chocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39

I sort of agree with this. It may be hard now but in the real world, there is no 75%, or even 90%. It's 100% all the time. I know if it was me, I'd be upset to and maybe if things seem a little too petty than you should say something. But if he's a really good teacher in other things, than maybe you just need to adjust to his methods.
chocluver223 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
the tardis stopped here, wacky's tag