Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Open Mike (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/)
-   -   How do you stay occupied on an airplane? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/how-do-you-stay-occupied-airplane-618237/)

stripesanddots04-20-2010 01:07 PM

How do you stay occupied on an airplane?

I was just wondering what you do on airplanes to keep from getting bored. I'm going on a trip soon, and I haven't been on a plane in forever. (:

Desty04-20-2010 01:52 PM

Re: How do you stay occupied on an airplane?

Bring a good book, and a game or two. If you're sitting by a window, it's fun to look out. Or you can sleep. :) I hope you have a great trip!

webkinzluver32104-20-2010 02:00 PM

Ahh I love flying :)
Partly because of the view. I like just looking out the window sometimes, the scenery always changes. the whole ride I'm alwayss listening to my iPod, so ... yeah. xD Also bring a few other things to keep you occupied;;
- a book or two (haha as long as they don't take up too much room)
- a few magazines
- maybe a sketchbook/notepad? if you like to write or draw, it can distract you for a bit
- you'll probably want to bring one of those neck rests, so you're not like sore after the flight.
&& for the rest of the time, maybe sleep? especially if you have to fly late at night/early in the morning, it's a good way to catch up.

have fun on your trip! :)

FROGPRINCESS2704-20-2010 02:01 PM

READ A BOOK

kingofworld1304-20-2010 02:27 PM

Aaaah. I get this question a lot from my friends when they occasionally go on trips, far enough that you have to take a plane.

My family travels A LOT. Distances so far, that we transfer from plane to plane.

For example, last August we left the US, to England to transfer, then to Hungary.
I brought a book, but a lot of times your ears pop. (It's so annoying. Be sure to bring peppermint gum. It helps if you swallow, and gum builds up saliva in your mouth, and keeps you from getting thirsty.)
So, if you'll be traveling on a plane for a while, don't bring a book. You'll find yourself getting massive headaches. :P
(Unless you're only flying for a few hours, then that'll be fine. :))

An iPod works wonders.

Sadly, I have an iPod touch, and the battery runs out EXTREMLEY fast. (Unless you're listening to music, then you can simply turn the device off.)

Some high class air flights have complementery movies, use them. ;)

I like to bring a notebook and a pencil, and just write.

Either a story, To Do list, sketch something....:)

Good luck! :)

pirateluver03404-20-2010 02:51 PM

bring some magazines, gameboy, ipod, camera
if its a long trip then they usually have tvs with movies playing
they always have a catalog there too...i remember when i went to florida i read a catalog they had on the plane and it occupied me for the entire 2 hours we were on the plane ;) have fun!

Filicity04-20-2010 02:54 PM

I normally write songs, draw, or just look out the window. After the plane is in the air, I take pictures of out the window.

Jenny04-20-2010 03:51 PM

When i go on a plane i read, draw, sleep, play DS, or listen to my iPod.

JJ0804-20-2010 04:01 PM

I listened to my ipod and read a book on the last short trip I took but when I went on one that took like hours I slept and watched the movies they were playing

CrystalFlute04-20-2010 04:07 PM

A book is good if you don't get motion sickness. I'm usually tired so I'll lay my head back, close my eyes and rest. If I fall asleep, great!
I also love origami, so I'll bring a few sheets of paper, instructions if I need them and I'll sit there folding on the table.
Crochet or knitting is good. wait, they don't allow those needles on planes anymore, nevermind that one!
I once built a card house while we were flying around a thunderstorm. It was challenging because of the turbulence but I got it up to 3 stories!