Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Call Me Quinn
Webkinz :)

shadowabbie has a brilliant futureshadowabbie has a brilliant futureshadowabbie has a brilliant futureshadowabbie has a brilliant futureshadowabbie has a brilliant future

Default Homecoming?!?!?!?! Please Help!!!!

Ok so I'm going with my Best Friend to Homecoming, but I have a few small problems... or big problems...

A- I've been Homeschooled my whole life, so I have no idea what Homecoming is... could someone please tell me?
B- What do you do at Homecoming?
C- What should I wear? Homecoming is on the 22ed of this month, and I don't think I can spend anymore then $40 or so on a dress, plus I think I'll need a new pair of shoes and maybe a handbag!!!! Also is a Ball Gown to fancy for Homecoming, I looked at stores I think I can go to and all I see are knee length or shorter dresses. I think I might have a vintage store near me so if I got a dress form some place like then would it be to casual, and would I stand out too much (I love everything vintage by the way )? Would it be okay if I wear a cardigan or something like that over the dress? What kind of shoes should I wear?? Also what kind of bag should I get?? Oh and I'm about 5'1 maybe 5'2 so all the short dresses should be about knee length on me.
D- You don't have to go with a boy... do you? Because as I said above I'm going with my best friend...
E- What do I do if a boy asks me to dance with him??!! I can't dance... well at least I don't think I can dance. Also if I say yes do you talk when you dance, if so what should I talk about??
F- Sould I bring money with me?? If so how much.

Yes I know they are stupid questions, and there are a lot of them, I'm also guessing I sound really stupid... but I'm really nervous, so thanks for any help anybody gives me... really think you you have no idea how much your helping .

Really sorry for all the questions.

~ Bella or Elle .

Last edited by shadowabbie; 10-13-2011 at 11:17 PM..
shadowabbie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
мɑɾყツ

Dancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledgeDancefeveroxox flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Homecoming?!?!?!?! Please Help!!!!

Homecoming is basically just a big dance to kick off the school year. I don't know about yours, but mine is formal, and everyone wears short dresses, trust me! I bought four dresses (i have a thread about it) but can't decide which one yet. Haha. And no you don't HAVE to go with a guy. It's only if he asks you. I got asked, but i have friends who didn't who are coming in my group and it's fineeeee. And at my dance, there isn't any slow dancing. And thats the best part xD haha but it's all fast dancing and basically all you do is dance in a circle with your friends/dates the whole time. And when you go out to dinner before, bring money for yours and the tip, then at the dance you'll just have whatever is left over(:
Dancefeveroxox is offline Female
Old 10-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
hat happened to love

funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!

A: It's just a dance that's fun xD
B: Most people just dance and hang out with their friends
C: Homecoming dresses are usually knee length or shorter. Anything longer is a little bit too formal. Yes it is OK to wear a cardigan, you should wear flat shoes because heels will kill you, and I would bring a clutch purse
D: No you don't have to go with a guy xD
E: If a guy asks you to dance, and you like him (as a friend, like like, it doesn't matter) you should say yes. Don't worry about what to talk about. Something will happen
F: I brought $5 just in case and it''s a good amount to bring.
funny12321 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Aaah, I was homeschooled for my whole life until this year, and we had homecoming, too... All this stuff is what happened at my school. I recommend asking your friend what it'll be like, just so you don't show up dressed in the wrong thing or anything.

A- I've been Homeschooled my whole life, so I have no idea what Homecoming is... could someone please tell me?
It's like a really big dance that they have after a football game. They have a DJ of some sort and play really loud music. They also elect a homecoming court, which has kids from all classes, and then the King and Queen, who are seniors.
B- What do you do at Homecoming?
Dance, talk to friends... *shrugs*
C- What should I wear?
At my school, it was a semi-formal dance, so we just wore kind of little dresses with shrugs... of course, there are always the girls that show up in the tiny sparkly dresses and five-inch heels... I do recommend asking your friend on this one, definitely. Just ask what the dress code is; don't ask "WHAT DO I WEAAAAR???". If they say it's "semi-formal (which I think most homecoming dances are)", then stay away from the "Homecoming" sections of clothing stores; they usually have the tiny, sparkly dresses.
Also, don't get a dress that's too long or too casual. Knee length is about as long as you should go, and it shouldn't look like something that you'd just wear to the mall, or just hanging around. It should be a dress you'd wear for at least a fairly special occasion.
As far as shoes go, DO NOT WEAR HIGH HEELS. I cannot TELL you how many girls came in wearing five-inch heels and took them off and put them on the tables because YOU CAN'T DANCE IN THEM. You simply can't. Wear low heels or flats. (I wore combat boots to my homecoming dance, but that's just me XD)
As far as a bag, you prooobably shouldn't need one... I don't know. I didn't need one, but I saw lots of girls with just small, sparkly bags that you could probably pick up for like $5 at a secondhand store or Walmart.
If you're 5'1/5'2, I'd suggest looking at the Petites section for dresses (if it turns out that you don't need a super-sparkly dress... that's where I found my dress, but I'm like 5'7, so it was a couple inches shorter on me XD Suuuper-cute, though. The Petites section always has just the most ADORABLE dresses)
D- You don't have to go with a boy... do you? Because as I said above I'm going with my best friend...
No, you don't have to go with a boy. I went with my best friend, too. Lots of girls will just go in groups and dance in a group.
E- What do I do if a boy asks me to dance with him??!! I can't dance... well at least I don't think I can dance. Also if I say yes do you talk when you dance, if so what should I talk about??
In my experience, boys don't just run up to girls at dances and go "you're cute, wanna dance?" like they go on TV and in movies. But if, by some freak occurrence, a guy comes up to you and goes "you're cute, wanna dance?", it's your choice. Really, the kind of dancing they do at homecoming is NOT hard to dance to. It's basically "do what you want", except for, in my experience, three songs:
1: the slow songs, where you just clutch onto the guy and do that weird rock/stepping back and forth thing.
2: the Cha Cha Slide, which is kinda tricky to do, but just follow the crowd.
3: the Cupid Shuffle, which is super-easy to do once you get the hang of it.
And no, you don't (and can't) really talk to people when you dance all that much. If your homecoming will be anything like my homecoming, it'll be so loud that you can't hear each other, even when you're like two inches from each other, screaming your heads off. If you want to talk to the guy, drag him out of the room and talk to him in the hallway or something.
F- Sould I bring money with me?? If so how much.
Usually homecoming tickets cost money. Ask your friend. At my school, it was either you pay for the ticket at school during lunch, or you show up at the dance and pay more for the ticket. I don't know how it works if you're bringing somebody from another school, so definitely ask your friend how much money you should bring.

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 10-14-2011 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: HEEEEEEY MACARENA
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #5

peachypeaches defies all odds
peachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all oddspeachypeaches defies all odds

A- It's just a big dance. People dress up, they play loud music, and people dance.

B- You can dance, or you can stand around and not dance...but you should dance. And talk to your friends.

C- Most people at my school and around here wear short or knee-length dresses. Like cocktail dresses, I guess.
You can wear a cardigan if you want to. You might not need one but I don't know.
A lot of girls like to wear high heels, but then they take them off once they get there...so wear shoes you're comfortable with or else bring flip flops to change into later.
You might not need a bag, but just use a small, pretty one if you do.

D- No, you don't have to go with a boy. A lot of people go in big groups.

E- If someone asks you to dance, then dance with him! Don't worry about talking.

F- Ask your friend about the money. You'll probably need to buy a ticket, and you might need money if you're getting dinner.

Have fun at the dance!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
mrsCarranza

tigerdove had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletigerdove had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletigerdove had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
tigerdove had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletigerdove had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Sorry I don't know what homecoming is (I didn't feel like reading any of the above posts xD). I think it's a dance, so... just go dance and have fun!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #7

strawgumdrop1 is a WIzard
strawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzard

Donation Award 

homecoming is just a dance you go to dressed up nicely. Hope you have fun. I wanted to go to it but no guy ever asked me to it.
strawgumdrop1 is offline Female
Old 10-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #8
<3 Records!

SelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talentSelenaRules<3 has lots of talent

A- It's a big dance. You dress up for it.
B- You dance and talk with your friends.
C- Most people buy a short dress. (Make sure it's a fancy dress!)
D- No, you don't have to go with a guy unless he asks you.
E- If a guy asks you to dance, then say yes! It's not hard at all, and it will probably be too loud for you to talk to him.
F- Bring money if you're going to dinner or somewhere after.
SelenaRules<3 is offline Female
Old 10-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #9

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 

A- It's a big dance (only thing more formal/big is Prom). It is usually the first (second at my school) dance of the year, basically to welcome alumni back and for current students to have fun.
B- Hang out with friends, dance, have fun.
C- Just go with something knee length or shorter, it's really just a teensy more formal than a normal dance. Handbags are alright, just don't lose them.
D- Nope, not at all. If you are asked or want to, then yeah, you can, but it's not required.
E- Go for it! Just act as if he's one of your friends, be casual.
F- I'd bring a bit if you're going out afterwards.
Lunagrrl is offline Female
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #10

ReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guideReinventLove is a golden guide

A- Homecoming is a dance
B- You dance, talk to friends, and have fun (My theme was Waking Up in Vegas, so I actually retreated to the blackjack games when the slow songs came on and my friend ditched me)
C- A short dress, maybe some sparkles. Nothing over the top. A good place to find a cheap one is Deb.
D- I went with my friend, who ditched me.
E- I don't know. I've never had that happen. The only guy who talked to me was an upperclassman who had to play for the other team and said something about me joining his friends and asking if I was okay.
F- I'm not sure. All of my refreshments were free.
Closed

Tags
tigerdove, you are beautiful!