Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
*crash*
Webkinz :)

TheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all aroundTheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all aroundTheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all aroundTheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all aroundTheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all aroundTheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all aroundTheIcedance radiates beauty and kindness all around

Angry Help! What do I do? :'(

I suffer from axniety and sometimes it gets the better of me. Like today. My grade had to have shots, and I'm scared of them. Then my anxiety kicked in and I refused it. They said they would call my parents to let them know I refused it and to reschedule for me to get it. But how am I suppoted to tell them that I refused it? I mean I can't hide from it but I'm really scared of shots. :/I don't know what to do.
TheIcedance is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: Help! What do I do? :'(

Aw, ((hugs))

I am in the same situation you are. I am incredibly afraid of needles as well. Not going to get much into it...

I would tell your parents what happened. Be honest. And let them know you are scared of needles--no harm in telling them yeah? They are your parents after all.

-Would you be more comfortable lying down? That is what I like to do, LOL
-As well, maybe bring stuffie along? I like to bring my Mickey Mouse stuffie when I do it.
-I also like to read a book when they do it--takes my mind off of it.
-As well, don't forget to wiggle your toes!
-You can also take a deep breath and count to five.
-And if you really do prefer taking it privately, next time, perhaps let the nurse know?

((hugs))
Best of luck!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #3

kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art
kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art

I'm not so much afraid of needles but I don't Really like to get shots ( I hate the iv's ) I useually bring a stuffed animal or a puppet ( that what I did the last time ) It helps umm, don't look at it, close your eyes really tight. Lol I know I wasn't much help .
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

It's okay to tell your parents you had an anxiety attack. Hmm, is your anxiety so bad that you need medication for it (or are you on medication)? Maybe talk to your parents about that if you feel that's what you think would help.
Just remember, shots are very important to get to keep you healthy. Sure, they're not the most pleasant thing in the world, but it's better than getting sick, right? maybe looking away while you get the shot would help, or maybe sitting in a specific position. You could always hold/squeeze someone's hand when you get the shot, I find this very helpful.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #5

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Well, I will say take deep breaths, try to relax and that's all I can think of, good luck!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #6

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

Aw, I'm sorry. Everyone's tips are very good though. May I ask what the shot is for?
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness
dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness

the advice given so far is great! If you're scared of needles, you could maybe ask if there was another way to get the vaccine. I know when I got my vaccination to prevent getting swine flu, there was also an option for a nasal spray. You could maybe see if that's offered for whatever shot your grade was getting.
dancerchick914 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #8

<3thereadyset<3 has a spectacular aura about<3thereadyset<3 has a spectacular aura about

Awe im sorry. :( im really afraid of shots too actually. so i know exactly how you feel. I think you should tell your parents though, its the best thing to do. :)
<3thereadyset<3 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Banned
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!

Aw, i'm sorry ):
I cant really help you. I get two shots every two weeks, so i'm used to it.
Try everyone else's advice. Also, what I do, (not sure if this is ok though) is I ice my arms before and after the shot. It helps a lot.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

Char, it's okay. Tell your parents. I didn't get the shots either when they came to my school, because I knew if I did I'd have a panic attack (I would think it could make me sick). If it's a shot you really need, then I'd suggest doing it at your doctor's. It's someone you know in a much more relaxed environment (quiet office > school gym with a bunch of kids. lol). But you never know, you might not need it!
tiggy2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
love who you are♥, the tardis stopped here