Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
Bunny saves the clan
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: help! i think something's wrong with my betta fish!

Your fish really needs an aquarium, the clasic goldfish bowl with cartoons on them are not suited for beta fish. With your new fish, I'd suggest buying the beta fish made recpie food, and you can ask a worker at your pet store which brand they feed to the beta fish, and which brand they would suggest. Beta fish really need plants in their tanks, and big river rock like glass pebbles, not tiny ones, also do NOT buy the funny plastic hiding places, they can contain harmful chemicals that will kill your fish.
luckypleo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
Awesomeness
Webkinz :)

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

Is it possible that its a she and its pregnant? Cause the females are much lighter in color than the males, and most are a peachy color. I had a betta male that lived for 5 years. He was very old. My others lived at least 2 years.
I'm not sure, but she/he could be dying I'm so sorry.
zappity is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #13

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by luckypleo
Um.... edit i'm no vet, but I'm in honors life science and hope to become a vettenarian so....
edit beta fish ... need special water, special food, and plants and rock hiding places in their tank. I'm sorry, i know some people get attached to them even though some people think its just a stupid fish, iit can be hard to lose a small pet fish, when i lost my last beta fish after 3 years with him, i wasn't sad but i felt like i had failed him...
That's kind of mean.

Last edited by AuntMary57; 04-13-2011 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: Please do not highlight in red or blue, those are staff colors.
sharky48 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #14

kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art
kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art

That is kinda harsh.

Sorry I wouldn't know what kind of adivce to give you. There are betta fish takes that are made for betta fish, they can live in small ones(my brother worked at a petstore and the fish guy said they could live in small tanks!) Hope your fish is ok

Last edited by AuntMary57; 04-13-2011 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: removing quoted post
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #15
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

- it used to be pretty much all light orange.... now the body's paler and the body's turned peach most betta fish turn colors
- it doesn't move much and stays at the bottom of the bowl. plus for the last few days its been standing vertically. I've had 3-4 betta fish and they usually stay at the bottom, but not standing vertically, that's pretty weird.
- it doesn't eat at ALL! only once 2 weeks ago it seemed interested in food but for some reason didn't eat it (it pecked at the food. maybe its mouth isn't big ehough..... i dont know!) my fish did that too. they just look at it and eat it later
- it hasn't pooped once since i got it. and i change the water twice a week sometimes i think they eat it (xD) I've watched mine do that.. they think it's food
- for about 1 week it's belly seemed to grow. and since its color is really pale now, you can see a dark park where the belly grew. it looks like it ate a marble i'm not sure..
- its fins stick out a bit I think it's supposed to do that, mine did that.
- the gills are deep red but its seems to be breathing ok (although its also constantly taking big breathes with its mouth - like its gasping) I think that's normal
-it often lies on the gravel/rocks at the bottom and doesn't move for a while.

mine did that too.

I hope your fish get better (:

View Post Originally Posted by zappity
Is it possible that its a she and its pregnant? Cause the females are much lighter in color than the males, and most are a peachy color. I had a betta male that lived for 5 years. He was very old. My others lived at least 2 years.
I'm not sure, but she/he could be dying I'm so sorry.
The pregnant part could be true too. I had a pregnant goldfish once, and it had a big stomach. (well duh xD)
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #16
photographer

Marley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to behold

I have a betta. Their scales seem to always be pale. I don't know why the stomach is going out. For the last week or two mine has been either swimming tilted or vertical, or laying on the bottom of the tank.

One thing you never do. NEVER give it tap water.
Marley_is_love is offline Female
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
B2UTYFUL
Gifted

poochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond repute

i changed the water today.... my fish seems to be leaning sideways, against the bowl... and it seems to have a hard time to even get to the surface of the water to take a breath
poochie10 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
i love you is an unknown quantity at this point

well,
I have owned bettas before..um..lets say it didnt end well. I hope your betta isnt dying but ( sorry ) but thats pretty much what my betta(s) were like when they died. Pale fins, bottom of tank, vertical.
I'm so sorry.
i love you is offline Female
Closed