Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
Banned
Banned
LoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Hair wand

So I am getting like really tired of having like straight hair 24\7
so I finally decided i wanted to get a hair wand but honestly i dont like the idea of having a burning hot item being pressed of my hair but idk. I watched a few videos on youtube and decided that i liked the hair wand the best and I just really have a few questions about it before i go out buying one

Is it better than a curling iron?
Should i get a cheaper one?
How long do the waves last?
LoveBallet is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

Default Re: Hair wand

In the end, it all comes down to preference. If I prefer a 5 inch curling iron because I like the clamp and the big waves it gives me, you might hate it because you like smaller curls and prefer wands.
I personally like curling irons better than wands- If you get one with a clamp, you don't have to hold your hair up and it's much less tiring. Obviously with a wand you have to have both arms up for like 15 seconds at a time, which is tiring. But if you're ok with that, then go for it.

I find most curling irons/wands do the same thing, obviously, they curl your hair. I don't think it really matters if you get a cheap one or a high quality one- I have a $30 wand from the drugstore and have tried an $170 one from NuMe and there was no big difference besides the type of curl I got, considering the barrels were different.
Also it depends on the iron/wand you get- If you get a 1 inch barrel, your curls will be smaller and tighter. If you get like a 4 inch, your curls will be much bigger and add more volume. You can get wands that are fatter at the base and skinny closer to the end, or ones that are the same thickness throughout the entire wand. It all depends what kind of look you're going for.

The lasting power of your curl depends on several things. It can depend on the wand, the type of curl, your hair type (slightly curly/wavy hair will hold a curl better, stick straight hair is harder to curl & curls fall faster) and it depends if you use any product/hair spray. I have straight hair and with both my curling tools and hairspray, my curls never last for more than 2 days. But I have a friend with wavy hair, and her curls can last up to a week.
It's really just trial and error- experiment, figure out your favourites and what works best for you.

Last edited by cocotruper; 03-29-2014 at 04:33 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #3

arnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heaven
arnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heavenarnold995 is in a reputation heaven

i have a hair wand, and i think it's easier for me than a curling iron, mainly because my hair is really thick. like what cocotruper said, i don't think price matters when it comes to these sorts of things, because they basically do the same thing to your hair. i have a hair wand that's skinnier at the top and thicker at the bottom, so they give me curls that are semi thick/thin, but the loosen up as the days pass.

if i curl my hair with the curling iron, it only lasts a few days, however, the hair wand makes my hair curly for up to a week. it all depends on what your hair's like.
arnold995 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Banned
Banned
LoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledgeLoveBallet flows towards the sea of knowledge

thx both of u
LoveBallet is offline Female
Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
Call Me Bria

briak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellence
briak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellencebriak96 is the epitome of excellence

I prefer hot rollers, it curls better--especiallly in the back which is my problem when I used a curling iron
briak96 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Glad to be
Gifted

tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence
tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence

I think it's again, all personal preference and what your hair is like.

I have very straight hair - when it's messy, it's super tangled. But after a shower, it's very straight! Now that it's short, I haven't curled my hair for a while. But when I do curl my hair, I use a curling iron to add a little something to my ponytail. It's really just a family preference, I think it's harder to burn yourself with. I don't want a heavy curl, but I over-curl it at night so when I get up in the morning, there's something left. I curled my hair for Halloween a few years ago - it was raining, and didn't last long. It depends on the wand, your hair, if you like hairspray...

I don't really have experience with buying curling products, but I think it's really personal preference. You can look online for reviews, as well? I think it's best to invest in a good-quality product if you want to curl your hair a lot, but that doesn't mean that you need to go out and buy one of those NuMe wands. The ones at London Drugs up at Canada are just fine for me.
tiffc is offline Female
Closed