Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
Star Wars Fan<3
Webkinz :)

nancygurl is all that and a bag of chipsnancygurl is all that and a bag of chipsnancygurl is all that and a bag of chipsnancygurl is all that and a bag of chips
nancygurl is all that and a bag of chips

Default Hobbies for the summer

Hi everyone. I thought about making a thread about hobbies, and things to do for the summer (and beyond). I am personally a student, but because school is out and work is slow (summer time means less business for everyone in my area) I have so much free time and I am sure others do to.
Soooooo, what do you guys do for hobbies?
We can put these in categories. Do you guys want a form to fill out? Here is one
Hobbies you enjoy....
That is cost no money:
That cost a little bit of money ($5 and under/one time small purchase (a toy for $20):
That involves collecting:
Involves saving/considered as pricey:
Other:

My fill ins:
That cost no money: Naps, cleaning the house (and admiring your work), selling stuff on ebay(you can gain money this way and it doesnt cost to put stuff up), researching/learning about technology, planning your next vacation
That cost a little bit of money ($5 and under/one time small purchase (a toy for $20): reading-seriously, the library, and good will, are places where you will get cheap finds, playing with your hair/dressup (assuming you have clothes and hair bands and long hair)
That involves collecting: makeup (hahahahaha I am spedning so much on it )
Involves saving/considered as pricey: shopping, boating, vacations
Other:
nancygurl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Hobbies for the summer

Just a thing to add about eBay. It may not cost anything to list on eBay but they/PayPal take a percentage of the money. One of the reasons why I've never really sold on there. But sites like that or even Facebook selling groups are a good way to declutter, spring clean, & gain some money for the summer.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 05-31-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
support the blue

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Fun thread! Here are some of my summer hobbies:

That cost no money: Playing with my dog, visiting parks, lakes, and forest preserves to hike around, gardening, firing up our firepit in the back yard and sitting around it, and visiting family.

That cost a little bit of money ($5 and under/one time small purchase (a toy for $20):buying local veggies at the farmers markets and coming home and cooking them. Visiting local carnivals and watching the bands.

That involves collecting:I'm always on the lookout for recipes, and collecting ideas on new ways to cook stuff.

Involves saving/considered as pricey:Home repairs this summer. We have a couple things that need to get done.

Other:Mostly just spending time with family and doing cookouts.

Last edited by Desty; 05-31-2019 at 08:13 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 05-31-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
Gifted

frostfur has disabled reputation

That cost no money: Playing with (or better yet napping with) my cat, watching youtube videos (vine compilations are my go-to)(speedpaints can be fascinating too i really enjoy sinix design's "paintsplorations"), going for walks, playing pokemon go on your walks!!, cleaning/organizing, writing stories, finding local free-entry festivals and looking around (can be lots of cool artists and musicians etc), going on a hike, making music playlists (can be done on youtube if you don't want to subscribe to a music streaming service), learning a language (there are lots of resources online!)
That cost a little bit of money: keeping a journal (if you don't want to use looseleaf papers/want to print pictures to add in). just the small start-up costs for those, plus any decorative tapes and gel pens you wanna use. fun to tape in tickets and receipts and pressed flowers to your pages but that probably counts as collecting
That involves collecting: i like to collect vintage prints and postcards from antique stores & old book stores (fun to see the history).
Involves saving/considered as pricey: i bought a fujifilm camera in 2017 and it is definitely one of the best things i have invested in! it's a little pricey up front and the film is a liiiitle costly (usually like $13 for a pack of 20 film sheets). but i lovelovelove it's fun to take on trips and walks etc. i've nearly filled my first little photo album and i'm so excited. you learn to appreciate the "duds" (like ones you misgauged the exposure needed) even if they're over 50 cents a piece
Other: okay so all this is just other things i do but my number one hobby is art!!! that's nearly all i do and that's all i ever want to do (other than travel but that's a little less available to me rn haha) it's soooo satisfying to create things in my most humble of opinions! and i truly don't believe anyone "can't draw" or just don't have artistic abilities bc really all there is to it is practice. and that is satisfying in itself to see your hard work pay off in visible improvement (even if it takes a long while before you can tell). i put this as other bc you can't really put an exact price, it depends on what you want to do!! i have spent a little a money (i started drawing with mechanical pencils at school on lined paper) and i have spent a lot of money (on pens and replacing pens and watercolor palettes and brushes and all sorts of paints). but to me at this point it is a collection bc i have a little bit of everything and it works for me bc i like to try new things. but i digress what i'm saying is you don't need much to get started and it's super rewarding to see things you've created and be like "i did that! o:" and if you want to spend more later that's cool too bc it's fun to have nicer materials to work with (tho they are not a necessity for good art!) the trick is to not take yourself too seriously, don't compare yourself to others, and just draw what you want to draw bc your excitement will show loud enough!!! doodle from the heart!
oooooooooooooo that was a lot ignore me i'm sappy about how much art has improved my own life but for real it's rewarding and fun (even when it's frustrating it's fun to just me maybe ahah) and i recommend it to everyone
Old 05-31-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
Star Wars Fan<3

nancygurl is all that and a bag of chipsnancygurl is all that and a bag of chipsnancygurl is all that and a bag of chipsnancygurl is all that and a bag of chips

View Post Originally Posted by frostfur
That cost no money: Playing with (or better yet napping with) my cat, watching youtube videos (vine compilations are my go-to)(speedpaints can be fascinating too i really enjoy sinix design's "paintsplorations"), going for walks, playing pokemon go on your walks!!, cleaning/organizing, writing stories, finding local free-entry festivals and looking around (can be lots of cool artists and musicians etc), going on a hike, making music playlists (can be done on youtube if you don't want to subscribe to a music streaming service), learning a language (there are lots of resources online!)
I 100% forgot I started writing this one story some years ago, and stopped about chapter 5, found it a month ago and wanted to continue it.
My story is about is a mixture of The Giver and Divergent and a couple other books like so, but from a psychology perspective (MBTI). I need to tweak it and make it more accurate, but besides that I am proud of my beginning.

Also, you mentioned about art, could you show some of your pieces?

View Post Originally Posted by luvzfrogs
Just a thing to add about eBay. It may not cost anything to list on eBay but they/PayPal take a percentage of the money. One of the reasons why I've never really sold on there. But sites like that or even Facebook selling groups are a good way to declutter, spring clean, & gain some money for the summer.
That is very true, and also have to worry about shipping.
On top of that, craigslist is a good one. I sold a car bumper thing and got something out of it.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Fun thread! Here are some of my summer hobbies:

That cost no money: Playing with my dog, visiting parks, lakes, and forest preserves to hike around, gardening, firing up our firepit in the back yard and sitting around it, and visiting family.

That cost a little bit of money ($5 and under/one time small purchase (a toy for $20):buying local veggies at the farmers markets and coming home and cooking them. Visiting local carnivals and watching the bands.

That involves collecting:I'm always on the lookout for recipes, and collecting ideas on new ways to cook stuff.

Involves saving/considered as pricey:Home repairs this summer. We have a couple things that need to get done.

Other:Mostly just spending time with family and doing cookouts.
I have been trying to get into more of the cooking and being creative with my food lately. I have been buying my own food and I am so sick of eating the same things over and over again.

PS: Thank you for your guys comments
Old 06-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #6
Star Wars Fan<3

Does anyone have book suggestions??
I am looking to start reading again, but could use ideas
Old 06-10-2019, 05:05 PM   #7
WWid:Royalmajesty

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

What type of books do you like?

Maybe your librarian would have suggestions! I like mysteries, but sometimes I read other things, too.

My free/inexpensive hobbies are reading, checking my webkinz fan sites, playing Webkinz, journaling, playing candy crush. Sometimes I crochet. Visiting family & friends and/or playing games with them. Taking walks. Holding my cat while watching a show.
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 06-13-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
it's Olive ♥

Catlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truth
Catlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truthCatlover200710 climbs the tree of truth

Something that can cost a lot or a little, depending on how you go about it, is photography. Of course, there are so many talented folks out there who use it as their means of income and spend 1000s of dollars on equipment. But I managed to purchase a digital camera for around $150 that I can use for all sorts of photography styles I wanted to get into, specifically for shots of the moon and stars. It's also possible to stumble upon an old camera in a thrift shop that just needs a little TLC to work.

Another hobby, though this one is better done in the chilly months, is knitting. I was gifted a loom knitting set and I buy yarn for fairly cheap at Wal-Mart. Some folks even make money from it, which I may try to do sometime in the future. I've tried many crafty hobbies before that failed utterly, but loom knitting is a lot of fun and there are so many tutorials online. If I can do it, anybody can.
Catlover200710 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
Star Wars Fan<3

are any of you guys into instruments?
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #10
support the blue

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by nancygurl
are any of you guys into instruments?
I play the piano, but I actually haven't played for quite awhile. I don't know why. I walk by the piano in our living room every day. lol
Desty is offline Female
Closed