Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default Friend Issues-How do I get my BFF to believe me?

Here's the story:
My friend Amber is going out w/ a guy named Cody. However, Cody told my guy friends (their names are Sumner, Connor, and Trevor) that he likes 2 of my BFFs more than he likes Amber, and the only reason he went out w/ Amber was to get to Ashley and Katy (the 2 BFFs he likes), and is now hitting on both of them when Amber isn't around. Me and my other BFFs (Katy, Ashley, Larissa, Nomi, and Kari) and my guy friends (we refer to the guys as "them") told Amber what was going on, and she doesn't believe us one bit, just because of something he said (which is a lie on his part). She is now mad at all of us and insults us in our face. No matter what evidence we present to her, she won't believe any of it. How do I convince Amber that this is true? How do I gain Amber's trust?

UPDATE 5/24
Cody broke up w/ her, but now Amber still doesn't believe that he was using her, and thinks that we forced him to break up w/ her because we didn't want them together, which is totally not true!

Last edited by i love summer; 05-24-2009 at 03:17 PM..
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Friend Issues-How do I get my BFF to believe me?

Sweetie, she is going to have to learn this one for herself. Sad, but true.

There is an expression: you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

This is one of the situations that expression is talking about. You have shown her, talked to her, and now she needs to 'see' the truth for herself. Part of it is probably that she just doesn't want to believe it because then she will have to admit that her eyes were 'blind' to what was going on and that is a huge hit to ones ego and confidence.

I hope it works out, sorry that she is being a bit nasty! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Wish I could help you more, but I am available to talk if you need to!
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by meowsrus
Sweetie, she is going to have to learn this one for herself. Sad, but true.

There is an expression: you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

This is one of the situations that expression is talking about. You have shown her, talked to her, and now she needs to 'see' the truth for herself. Part of it is probably that she just doesn't want to believe it because then she will have to admit that her eyes were 'blind' to what was going on and that is a huge hit to ones ego and confidence.

I hope it works out, sorry that she is being a bit nasty! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Wish I could help you more, but I am available to talk if you need to!
Thanks.
Cody did say today that he was gonna break up w/ her, but we think that Amber will think that we got him to break up w/ her just because we didn't want them together.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
Im Done 'Wif
Webkinz :)

Princess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud of

Let her find out for herself, sometimes that's the only thing you can do.
Princess_Starr. is offline Female
Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Peacee :]]

-Abbs7 is a glorious beacon of light-Abbs7 is a glorious beacon of light-Abbs7 is a glorious beacon of light

Yikes. Sometimes people are just so smitten, they can't help themselves. I think you girls should talk to her about in a mother to daughter type way if you know what I'm saying. If she is stubborn and doesn't listen, I guess the only thing you can do is wait.
-Abbs7 is offline Female
Old 05-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by -Abbs7
Yikes. Sometimes people are just so smitten, they can't help themselves. I think you girls should talk to her about in a mother to daughter type way if you know what I'm saying. If she is stubborn and doesn't listen, I guess the only thing you can do is wait.
Thanks.
I think the problem is that Amber is very stubborn. In most situations, her stubborness has payed off, but I've warned her that sometimes you just gotta except some facts of life, even if they aren't what you want them to be.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
Peacee :]]

-Abbs7 is a glorious beacon of light-Abbs7 is a glorious beacon of light-Abbs7 is a glorious beacon of light

Exactally what you said up above. (: I hope all goes well.
-Abbs7 is offline Female
Old 05-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #8

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

I think you should wait until she finds out herself. It's hard to watch your friend be 'used', but if she won't listen, there isn't much more you can do.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
Finally! I'm a

bythebeach is on a distinguished road

awww. are you middle school or high school? she will just have to learn tohis the hard way. but you are a good friend for caring.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by bythebeach
awww. are you middle school or high school? she will just have to learn tohis the hard way. but you are a good friend for caring.
I'm in jr. high. So I personally knew that it wasn't gonna last very long, but I wanted her to enjoy the experience of having her 1st boyfriend.
Closed