Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
iheartjesus
Webkinz :)

kennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clown

Default A Form of Stage fright-I can't play well in front of Other People! I would Really Appreciate Any Tips!

Hello and Thank you so much for clicking! I have stage fright, but not on the stage in this case. In this case, its on the basketball court. Basketball just started for me and my first game is really soon. I love basketball alot, and I love to play it. I wouldn't say i'm the best, i'm just a regular player on the team. But, I am SO nervous to play in front of a big group of people. The thing that is causing me to be nervous is that the boys in my grade are coming to all the games. It makes me so scared! I know that i am old enough to get over this, but I'm afraid i'm gonna do bad and not play my best because of the boys who are watching. Please help me. Any tips will help me! Thank you :]
kennyluver7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #2

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: A Form of Stage fright-I can't play well in front of Other People! I would Really Appreciate Any Tips!

I was on the basketball team when I was in middle school, and I would also get extremely nervous before the games. One thing that helped was to get out on the floor and shoot a lot of baskets during the 'warm-up' right before the game. Be sure and get out there for that. Hopefully, that can help a bit. Just remember, it's supposed to be fun!
Desty is offline Female
Old 12-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #3

birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!

Default Re: A Form of Stage fright-I can't play well in front of Other People! I would Really Appreciate Any Tips!

Are they cheering for you? Thats a good thing, just try your best! I have a big spelling bee tomorrow and i am nervous! But i know people will be there cheering me on, and if your parents come, they will be cheering too i am sure
birthdayman98 is offline Male
Old 12-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
yep, i know, i'm a

emclancy7 is a glorious beacon of lightemclancy7 is a glorious beacon of light

i joined b-ball, and i enjoy it too, it's fun, i know. try practicing, then just be ready, know that if you miss the goal, it's fine, nobodys goanna get mad at you, everyone makes mistakes sometimes, think about what coach tells you, try practicing what he tells you, even if you don't want to. it helps you know that you can still work at your weekness, for example dribble with ur left hand (or right if ur left handed)

-Elaina-
emclancy7 is offline Female
Old 12-07-2009, 02:25 AM   #5
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Atleast you dont have to talk :'[
minimaid is offline Female
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I will pray for your fear to go away. Just focus on YOU and not think about anyone else (well except the other player if you have to). Focus on what you're doing, and think about doing it for YOU, not putting it out there to be judged. I'm sure you'll do great!
Ivie is offline Female
Old 12-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #7

redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!

just think they are going to support your team and not to make fun of you, but if they do just tell a teacher.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
Gifted

Julia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with graceJulia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with graceJulia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with graceJulia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with graceJulia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with graceJulia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with graceJulia-Gulia wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Oh my! I know exactly where you're coming from!
Last year was my first year playing basketball and come the first game, I was so incredibly nervous. I bet you know exactly how I felt! Everyone was watching and I just felt like if I messed up, it would be the end of the world! By the third or fourth game it's was alright, though. I got more comfortable, and a lot better at the game! So, what I'm saying here is, after a while...you kind of get used to it. I mean, with some things, it takes a while. Like, I still get nervous talking in front of large groups of people for presentations and stuff, but I can't fix it for some reason.

But really, just be confident! Confidence is key because if you know that you'll do fine, it'll lift a huge weight off your shoulders! Hope the feeling goes away!
Julia-Gulia is offline Female
Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
iheartjesus

kennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clownkennyluver7 is cool as a bunny clown

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Well, the boys mainly want to come to the games because they think our team is really bad. So they arn't cheering us on. :/
kennyluver7 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
redstar55wuzhere