Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Deertail :D
Webkinz :)

warzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoW
warzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoW

Default Ex-pander

So I finally went to the orthodontist yesterday and I have to get a ex pander. Because my jaw is to small and i have already waited to long so i need to like get it now or i have to get surgery which is a no just sayin.
Im getting it in about 2 weeks and i am like so nervous yet so happy because my four front top teeth are like bunched together and when i get the ex pander it will all clear up and my teeth will be like perfect. But i still need braces after that because i have a small space in between my teeth that i didn't even know was there but the dentist said it will get bigger.
So I will only have braces for like a year or 6 months until the gap closes up. So basically my teeth are not messed up they are all really straight except my top front four teeth.
So my question is will it hurt having it in? Well im sure some of you might have or had it in and if so could you kinda tell me a little more about it?
warzone2251 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #2

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Ex-pander

My dd had one of those expanders for a few months, and she said it didn't really hurt. It just felt like a little pressure when it would be expanded each night. (it's a REALLY small expansion each time) The only problem she had was eating large bites of food. You have to take smaller bites while you have it, just because it does sort of take up some space in your mouth. And after you eat, you'll really want to rinse your mouth. Overall though, it wasn't a really big deal. (according to my dd)
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
Deertail :D

warzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoW
warzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoWwarzone2251 makes the others go WoW

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
My dd had one of those expanders for a few months, and she said it didn't really hurt. It just felt like a little pressure when it would be expanded each night. (it's a REALLY small expansion each time) The only problem she had was eating large bites of food. You have to take smaller bites while you have it, just because it does sort of take up some space in your mouth. And after you eat, you'll really want to rinse your mouth. Overall though, it wasn't a really big deal. (according to my dd)
thank you desty!
warzone2251 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #4

9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness
9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness9blaise9 is epic beyond epicness

i had one a while ago and it's not that bad, it's kind of a weird feeling though
make sure you don't put too much peanut butter on your sandwiches because expanders like to get food stuck on the roof of your mouth and having to get it out is annoying
but in general it's not that bad, you should be fine
9blaise9 is offline Male
Old 03-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
is a lazy

redinky is sweet stuff
redinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by warzone2251
So I finally went to the orthodontist yesterday and I have to get a ex pander. Because my jaw is to small and i have already waited to long so i need to like get it now or i have to get surgery which is a no just sayin.
Im getting it in about 2 weeks and i am like so nervous yet so happy because my four front top teeth are like bunched together and when i get the ex pander it will all clear up and my teeth will be like perfect. But i still need braces after that because i have a small space in between my teeth that i didn't even know was there but the dentist said it will get bigger.
So I will only have braces for like a year or 6 months until the gap closes up. So basically my teeth are not messed up they are all really straight except my top front four teeth.
So my question is will it hurt having it in? Well im sure some of you might have or had it in and if so could you kinda tell me a little more about it?
Hi there!

I had an expander for about 5 - 6 months (I am now a brace face, but expander free), and let me just say that the first few days are the worst part.

When you eat something, and everyone has mentioned this but it is very true, food will get trapped between the roof of your mouth and the expander (been there, done that). You're going to want some straws and a glass of water to get it out (this is gonna sound gross, but if you can get the straw between the roof of your mouth and the expander without hurting yourself and get water through there, you should be good). Also, avoid bread like the plague until you've gotten used to the expander. I made the mistake of having a pita for lunch that day. You would not believe the freak-out fest I had. But eating will eventually become easier and you will not notice things like that as much.

The expander itself doesn't really hurt, to be honest. It's just a very slight amount of pressure when it gets turned. If you're getting a bottom expander as well, this one may be a little more uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt. Food is pretty much the only problem.

Good luck!
Kaitlyn
redinky is offline Female
Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #6

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by redinky
When you eat something, and everyone has mentioned this but it is very true, food will get trapped between the roof of your mouth and the expander (been there, done that). You're going to want some straws and a glass of water to get it out (this is gonna sound gross, but if you can get the straw between the roof of your mouth and the expander without hurting yourself and get water through there, you should be good). Also, avoid bread like the plague until you've gotten used to the expander. I made the mistake of having a pita for lunch that day. You would not believe the freak-out fest I had. But eating will eventually become easier and you will not notice things like that as much.
Yep, this is pretty much what happened with my dd. Right after she got it, she took a big bite of a cheeseburger, and it was not good. She learned to do this thing to clear out that space... it sounded like a cat hissing. LOL The straw trick sounds like a better idea.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Gifted

QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory
QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory

For me, it was kind of just a bit of dull pain on the sides of my jaw from expanding it daily. I got used to it quickly though. Be conscious of what you're eating and decide if it will be easy enough to get out from between your expander and the roof of your mouth if necessary; and definitely take smaller bites! Also, I found that I couldn't say certain words very easily, like cookie, king, anything that ended in -king, etc, because notice how when you say those words you use the roof of your mouth xD Hopefully you won't need it for very long, expanders tend to do the job reasonably quickly.
QueenVet is offline Female
Closed