Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #31
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

Default Re: DSi or PSP?

View Post Originally Posted by twilight
I would definitely buy the DSi. From what I've heard, PSP isn't all that good, unless you buy the newer version. The DS games I've seen are at most $39. They have internet, though it is a bit slow. And, of course, the camera's pretty cool. It's fun to edit the pictures.
Yeah, im probably getting the DSi The games are cheaper too

View Post Originally Posted by black magic
i have a DSI. it takes picutres. you know how the WII has like WII points and you can buy games with it? well, the DSI does the same. but you have to buy the points with your own $$$. my dad said it can be used as an MP3, but i haven't tried it yet. you can record sounds too. you can't play gameboy games on it, like the DS, but you can play DS games. You can go on the internet, but it doesn't work well like a computer.. but i love my DSI, and i think it would be smart to get it. i'll look on my DSI for other features that might catch your eye
Thanks for posting! I gave you rep

View Post Originally Posted by dod59
I have a Blue Nintendo DSi, and it was WORTH IT!

Pictures: YES

They have not one but two cameras. One on the outside with a BIGGER lense, and one on the inside, with a smaller lens. To take pictures, you can use a quick picture feature, by pressing L or R. Or, you choose the Nintendo DSi Camera (Nintendo) icon with your stylus and choose either System Memory or SD Card. System memory hold up to 300 photos. If you get an SD Card (for cameras) it will hold up to 3000. (There is a tutorial for pictures when you buy it. It is too detailed for me to explain it all! Sorry!)

Music: YES

The DSi can play music! You simply go to it's Nintendo DSi Sound (Nintendo) icon and click it. You can use and SD Card for MP3 players with music on it, and pop it into the SD Card slot. You can even MESS around with it! You can also record up to 18 voice messages in the Record And Edit A Sound half. You can do many things. Look into it when you get one.

Internet: YES

DSi's don't have built-in internet. But, you can use it's WiFi to search for a hot-spot. Then you can play online with certain games. AND if you have the Internet icon from the DSi Store, you can go on websites, and accsess e-mail! (It is NOT good to use for WI. You have to zoom in and out, and if you want to watch videos, yours might not have the latest media player, so Youtube will reject it.)

Videos: NO

It can't play videos. I'm not sure why, but it might be because of how much memory the use up.

Cost: UNCERTAIN

The DSi costs approx. $200 in Canada, but at EB Games, you can trade in a Nintendo DS Lite and (I believe) a game, for a $100 discount. I have NO idea hoe much they cost in the USA.

Games: UNCERTAIN

Games range from $5 (used) to $50. In Canada, games are often $38 and $19. It depends on what you want. Games in the USA, are much more then in Canada. I recently went to Florida, and a game usually costing $19 in CAN, would cost $28 in the USA. (I think)

Music from iTunes: NO

It can't. Unless you put the music on an SD Card (which I think might be possible.) and put it in the DSi, no. Not at all.

I hope I answered all your questions! If you want to know more, please PM me!
WOW! Thank you so much for all that info! You didnt have to write so much LOLIll pm you if i have any questions Thanks again

View Post Originally Posted by createadream
Alright, if I had a choice like this, I would choose the dsi. I used to own a psp, it was cool and all, and yes it did have internet. Although, I didnt really like it because there was only one game on there that I liked. So I got a dsi instead and I love it alot better! I guess it kind of depends on what type of game you like. I am a crazy mario fan ( mario kart and other mario games ) so the dsi has those types of games. Also, the dsi can surf the web, take pictures, record voice, morph pictures, and you can color on pictures. I don't know if a dsi can play video... I know a psp can. Although, like I said earlier, it kinda depends on what type of games you like. Psp has racing, sports, fighting, etc. The dsi has what seems to be more interactive games like nintendogs is a really good interactive game. So anyway, if I was in your shoes, and I knew alot about each system, I would honestly choose the dsi. It just seems like there are a lot more things to do on the dsi and you can have more fun on the dsi. Well, hope this helps!
Yes, i hear there are not many games for the PSP

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
I'm a girl, I have a PSP. It was fun for about a month or so, but then it got boring.
The DSI is really awesome; my brother has it and the internet browser loads quickly, you can get lots of games from the store, and games for DS's are just more fun.
Yes, i think with all the games, its hard to get bored of the DSi
suneshin3 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #32
no fun allowed
Webkinz :)

dod59 is a WI addict!
dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!

I know I put a lot of info on there, but the info answered your questions!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #33
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by dod59
I know I put a lot of info on there, but the info answered your questions!
It certainely did, thanks for taking the time to do that
Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #34
Gifted

lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible
lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible

All I have to say is get the DSi and dod59's info was very helpful, so I'd use that
Old 03-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #35
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

I did forget to mention that the only way you can import music from iTunes is if you get a SD card, then it is very easy once you figure it out. (It does have to be iTunes, unless you can download an MPEG music clip)
Galfam is offline Male
Old 03-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #36
Call Me Sarah!

millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!

The DSi has internet, games can be used on it, gas a voice recorder/messer, a camera and more. o music though, at least mine doesn't. I would go with the DSi.
millie12378956 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #37
no fun allowed

dod59 is a WI addict!
dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!dod59 is a WI addict!

Have you gotten your system?

~Hellegloth
Old 03-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #38
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way

Thank you for everyone's help I have not yet gotten my system, i am quite sure i will be getting the DSi, but i want a few more weeks to decide
Old 03-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #39

karategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacity
karategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacitykarategurl has reached maximum rep capacity

they also just came out with a DSi XL (it's suppose to have a even bigger screen and pen)
but i'm not sure if that's one of your options or not
karategurl is offline Female
Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #40
smitha2

22mxgirl22 is a jewel in the rough22mxgirl22 is a jewel in the rough

I have a DSi and I love it... other than the fact it doesn't stay charged long due to spilling stuff on it They have tons of games to choose from and they aren't that expensive (you can buy points cards 2000 at a time for about $20.00 and the games cost anywhere from free to 800 points (most of the good ones are 200-500)) I love the fact that the DSi has a camera. The DSi also has pretty good wifi connections and quick loading internet along with the PSP but the PSP is a bit slower at loading things.

But if your buying this to watch movies and play music on I would steer towards a PSP. My brother has one and you can stream live radio on it and a lot of good dvds are made into UMDs which are movies for PSPs. The downside of PSP is alot of good games aren't made for it. And since you are a girl I'm guessing you don't really like car racing games and war games. A lot more girly games are made for the DSi!!!

A DSi costs I think $179.00 and a PSP costs $169.00 so not much difference. But I think at TARGET this week there is a sale on DSi's for $159.00. Idk if you want to buy it now but that's a pretty good deal!!!

So I would recomend the DSi but it's your choice. I hope this helps!!!

View Post Originally Posted by galfam
I did forget to mention that the only way you can import music from iTunes is if you get a SD card, then it is very easy once you figure it out. (It does have to be iTunes, unless you can download an MPEG music clip)
It doesn't even let you use Itunes music even with an SD card. I still can't figure out how to get music on mine.

Last edited by 22mxgirl22; 03-27-2010 at 06:19 PM..
22mxgirl22 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
mockingjay