Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Gift Guru
 
Lindsay's Avatar
Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

Default Do you have OCD?

Do you have OCD?

For those of you who do not know what OCD is, OCD stand for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is an is an anxiety disorder and it makes people have current unwanted thoughts and/or behaivors.

I do have OCD. I'm not 'diagnosed', because I refuse to go to a counselor. I have been to two different consulars before, for my anxiety, and I hated it. So now I will not go, so therefor I am not diagnosed.

Do you have it? What do you do?

I need to be even about EVERYTHING. If I touch something with one hand, I have to touch it with the other. If I spin one way, I have to spin the other. If I turn a doorknob with one hand, I have to turn it with the other. Everything has to be even.

Also, I have to make sure my guinea pig cage is shut tight. I check about a million times before leaving. I KNOW that I closed it, but I have check to make sure. Again and again and agani.

I check behind the curtain that's guarding the shower to make sure nobody's in there. How or why someone would be in there, I have no clue, but I HAVE to check it.

Please post what you do or did. If you don't do it anymore, please post what you used to do and what you did to stop. :]

<33 Lindsay

Last edited by Lindsay; 03-01-2008 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: .
Lindsay is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
santakinz
Guest

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

I used to have a small, itty-bitty case. I was never diagnosed or anything, and it wasn't even that bad. The only thing I would do is like what you said: If I touched one thing with one hand, I'd get the feeling that I'd have to touch it with the other.
I know this sounds cheesey, but I got over it by willpower. It takes a lot of strength to go against what your brain is telling you to do. I'd just think to myself "You are NOT gonna touch that again with a different hand. That's stupid!" Eventually, I stopped getting the urge if I kept repeating that in my head. Then I even stopped doing it.
That might not work in your case, cause I'm no doctor. I hope it helps, though!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Gift Guru
 
Lindsay's Avatar
Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

Thanks for posting! See, I have a lot of willpower about some things, and no willpower about others. OCD is the kind of thing where I have no willpower. I'll just do anything I need to to stop getting the weird feeling, so if that means giving in to OCD, I'll do it. Otherwise, that is the only thing I concentrate on for a long time, and my hands start feeling all tight and stuff..it's weird. But thanks for posting!! :]
Lindsay is offline Female
Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
Webkinz :)
 
religion94's Avatar
religion94 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

I have OCD very bad. Its so annoying. It takes me double the time to leave the house and get ready. I have to touch things and make sure every thing is even.
religion94 is offline
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Gift Guru
 
Lindsay's Avatar
Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

Thank's for posting. I think you have the same thing as me. You have to make sure EVERYTHING is even. :\
Lindsay is offline Female
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
iceprincess6196
Gifted
 
iceprincesss's Avatar
iceprincesss is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

my friend has OCD all i ahve to say is that you guys are very strong and to keep trying to promote your willpower
iceprincesss is offline
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Webkinz :)
 
religion94's Avatar
religion94 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

View Post Originally Posted by Lindsay
Thank's for posting. I think you have the same thing as me. You have to make sure EVERYTHING is even. :\
Yeah, OCD is very annoying
religion94 is offline
Old 03-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
Gift Guru
 
Lindsay's Avatar
Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

Thanks for posting, guys! Yes, religion, it is VERY annoying.
Lindsay is offline Female
Old 03-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
iamabananahead
Webkinz :)
 
tzandwzya's Avatar
tzandwzya will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

View Post Originally Posted by Lindsay
Do you have OCD?


For those of you who do not know what OCD is, OCD stand for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is an is an anxiety disorder and it makes people have current unwanted thoughts and/or behaivors.

I do have OCD. I'm not 'diagnosed', because I refuse to go to a counselor. I have been to two different consulars before, for my anxiety, and I hated it. So now I will not go, so therefor I am not diagnosed.

Do you have it? What do you do?

I need to be even about EVERYTHING. If I touch something with one hand, I have to touch it with the other. If I spin one way, I have to spin the other. If I turn a doorknob with one hand, I have to turn it with the other. Everything has to be even.

Also, I have to make sure my guinea pig cage is shut tight. I check about a million times before leaving. I KNOW that I closed it, but I have check to make sure. Again and again and agani.

I check behind the curtain that's guarding the shower to make sure nobody's in there. How or why someone would be in there, I have no clue, but I HAVE to check it.

Please post what you do or did. If you don't do it anymore, please post what you used to do and what you did to stop. :]


<33 Lindsay
omg! i didnt even realize it but i might have it because i do like the same things as you and if i dont spin the other way i freak out and make sure i do and its really weird!

---------- tzandwzya added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

and and when im thinking sometimes i think about things spinning and i try to force them to spin the same ammount of time the other way, i dont do any of this as often any more and i feel much happier and free of my own brain

Last edited by tzandwzya; 03-01-2008 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tzandwzya is offline Female
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
Gift Guru
 
Lindsay's Avatar
Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Do you have OCD?

View Post Originally Posted by tzandwzya
omg! i didnt even realize it but i might have it because i do like the same things as you and if i dont spin the other way i freak out and make sure i do and its really weird!

---------- tzandwzya added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

and and when im thinking sometimes i think about things spinning and i try to force them to spin the same ammount of time the other way, i dont do any of this as often any more and i feel much happier and free of my own brain
Yeah. It kinda stinks. I mean, I wish I could just be free! Spin and spin and spin without spinning the other way. Touch something with one hand and not care. But I can't do it. :\. But I'm glad that you don't have to think of things spinning anymore! :]
Lindsay is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts