Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Gifted

lil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talent

Default Decorating Help/Ideas

hey guys!
so I've been cleaning my room/desk drawers/random drawers in my room, and I've been finding various pictures that I want to hang up. I'm thinking I could put them on my door by my mirror so I can see them everyday, and feel inspired before I head out for the day.

but just putting the pictures up is pretty boring. so that's where you come in. I was thinking that I could decorate the outside edges of the picture without needing a picture frame, but I don't know what I can put there that makes it really unique besides the obvious.

right now, I have a poster made by my school's drum majors (I'm in band, that's why I got it, lol) with music notes, our field show theme, our school name and "Rock it at (insert town name here that we compete at)!". I also have a picture of my dog from when she was a puppy (she sadly passed away June 3rd), and various pictures of me with various country bands & just them.

so any ideas to make them unique and just not another picture would be greatly appreciated! thank you & sorry if that was confusing at all. xD
lil_horse_lover is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

Breener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshine
Breener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshineBreener is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: Decorating Help/Ideas

hmm.
maybe you could get those stick on letters and put like 'Family' or 'Love' surrounding the pictures?

lol, sorry im not much of help
Breener is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Hmm....
You could always go to a scrapbooking store and buy a couple sheets of scrapbook paper.
You could either just get cute designs, or try to find designs that relate to the pictures.
For example, if you have pictures of you in band, you could find paper with music notes on it.
If you have pictures of you doing sports, you can find sports designs.
You can either just stick the picture right onto the paper to make it stick out, or you could cut the paper into a frame (you could always cut up a cereal box to make it a little stiffer).

Or, you could always just cut up a cereal box, cover it in regular white paper, and write little notes about the picture.
Like, "Disney World-2012". Or, "The Girls At the Soccer Tourney".
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
<3 love is love

24724 is an unparalleled talent
24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent24724 is an unparalleled talent

Well, there's those things that teachers use to decorate classrooms that are pretty much strips of laminated something or another. You could find some to frame them. Or, you could put a cool paper/paint on the wall then spread the pictures out so you can see the background.
24724 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #5

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

You can always pin them up on a board? That's what I do with my papers/postcards. It's just a board covered in cloth that you can hang up on your wall (like a painting) and attach anything you want on it. Mine requires no pushpins or anything to put things on, so..
This is how it looks in my room:
sorry for the bad lighting, I used my DS to take this picture xD
Spoiler: show

Click the image to open in full size.
Aikou is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Aikou
You can always pin them up on a board? That's what I do with my papers/postcards. It's just a board covered in cloth that you can hang up on your wall (like a painting) and attach anything you want on it. Mine requires no pushpins or anything to put things on, so..

Forgot about those.
i have a smaller one, but had trouble getting pictures on there, without covering up faces with the ribbons or anything.
But, you could always use a regular bulletin board too.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #7

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Forgot about those.
i have a smaller one, but had trouble getting pictures on there, without covering up faces with the ribbons or anything.
You just have to position them carefully. *shrugs* I have put up photos on it and I didn't have much of a problem with it.

But, lilhorselover, if you search up photo wall arrangement on google and look at the pics, you can get a couple of ideas. You can just set the photos on the back of decorative paper/poster board.
Aikou is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Gifted

lil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talentlil_horse_lover has lots of talent

Hmm....
You could always go to a scrapbooking store and buy a couple sheets of scrapbook paper.
You could either just get cute designs, or try to find designs that relate to the pictures.
For example, if you have pictures of you in band, you could find paper with music notes on it.
If you have pictures of you doing sports, you can find sports designs.
You can either just stick the picture right onto the paper to make it stick out, or you could cut the paper into a frame (you could always cut up a cereal box to make it a little stiffer).

Or, you could always just cut up a cereal box, cover it in regular white paper, and write little notes about the picture.
Like, "Disney World-2012". Or, "The Girls At the Soccer Tourney".

Forgot about those.
You just have to position them carefully. *shrugs* I have put up photos on it and I didn't have much of a problem with it.

But, lilhorselover, if you search up photo wall arrangement on google and look at the pics, you can get a couple of ideas. You can just set the photos on the back of decorative paper/poster board.
Okay, I may do some of these suggestions. I'm going to be completely re-doing my room sometime, so I'll look into those boards without the pushpins. I have a bulletin board right now that is jam packed with stuff, so I may want one of those boards for under the loft I'm getting and against the wall.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll be trying them out.
lil_horse_lover is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
Glad to be
Gifted

tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence
tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence

Make a collage!

It could be something like this:
But that one is rather elaborate.

If you had enough posters, you could make that into a shape that you like, like for example, a dog, the word "LOVE', etc.
tiffc is offline Female
Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
PARTY LIKE A

LaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roostLaniSimplicity rules the roost

I like more artistic type rooms. Basically, instead of using boards, I cover my wall with an atlas of anywhere. And put up random pictures from there. Maybe even circle a few things. Like If the map of New York, Draw a little empire state building or something on the map. Maybe even pin the pictures to where you took them?

Just a quick idea.
LaniSimplicity is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pokemans