Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
hat even
Webkinz :)
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

Default braces

sooo, i've had braces since December 2013, and I get them off soon. I was wondering if getting them off hurts? I have rather strong teeth but I don't react well to pressure on them.

also, if you have any questions about the treatment, i might be able to help, but post treatment i have no idea.

and teeth filing (an apparently popular cosmetic remedy to smooth out teeth) does not hurt, just feels reaaally weird, had it done today.
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: braces

I don't have braces. I have both that they do and do not. I've heard both sides. But a lot of the people I know and talked to about braces said that it did hurt. I guess it just depends on how sensitive your teeth are or how sensitive you are to pain in general. Sorry I'm not much of help at all, but congrats on getting them off soon
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 10-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
cool beans

Taylur has disabled reputation

i got my braces off ~2 years ago. for me, it didn't hurt at all to get them off. at some bits, it did feel like there was a tiny bit of pressure, but it was just uncomfortable, not painful. i do remember that when i got the mold for my retainer made, it tasted absolutely terrible. i remember gagging and almost throwing up. but again, no pain. it hurt more to get them on/tightened than getting them off. tbh i dont think i'd care if it hurt because i think it'd be worth it and getting them off is an amazing feeling!
Taylur is offline Female
Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #4

hugged has disabled reputation

it doesn't really hurt but it feels weird and uncomfortable
like it kinda feels like they're gonna break your teeth in half (not painful though, i swear) but the amount of pressure is insane

word of advice: WEAR YOUR RETAINER (ask for a permanent bottom retainer if that's a viable option)
i was good about this for awhile, but at my last appointment ever, they tightened it and it was too painful to wear so i stopped
now it looks like i never even had braces

godspeed
hugged is offline Female
Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

thank you so much guys <3
Old 10-14-2015, 10:58 PM   #6

EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!
EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!EllaBellaBoo99 has rep to infinity and beyond!

when my sister got hers off a few months ago she said it doesn't really hurt, they just scrape glue off and it's unpleasant but it doesn't hurt afterwards or anything, that getting them on hurts worse, and as long as you put your retainers an asap and wear them a the time it won't hurt bc your teeth won't be able to move around, which is what causes a lot of the pain
EllaBellaBoo99 is offline Female
Old 10-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #7
ForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tell
ForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tell

It doesn't hurt to get them off-- I didn't remember there even being much pressure
If there is pain it'll be minor and you'll be so happy to have the braces off it won't even bother you lol
ForeverMe is offline Female
Old 10-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #8
Minnesotan

graceroxx is a WIzard
graceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzardgraceroxx is a WIzard

I got braces in July 2013 and I got them off in September 2014. All I remember is that they used something to clean/smooth down my teeth and it was so cold that it kind of hurt my teeth. And it smelled HORRIBLE. The smell was the worst part.
And actually getting them off didn't really hurt, it was just pressure as others have said. Good luck! After you get them off it will feel super weird, but after you get used to it again you'll wonder how you ever lived life with braces.
graceroxx is offline Female
Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #9

Myhorsesnot4u has disabled reputation

No, braces don't hurt when they come off. I don't remember any pain, just pressure. The only thing that was very painful for me was the removal of my spacer (I wore one while I had braces). When they were taking it off, it pulled out a baby tooth that was loose at the time. Now that hurt.

But as for just the braces? Those don't hurt at all.
Myhorsesnot4u is offline Female
Old 10-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #10
hat even

thanks so much guys!
Closed

Tags
the hulk smashed here