Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #11
WebkinzLuver04

Default Re: Braces?

Braces are horrible, in my opinion. I have to go every six weeks to get something changed, and I come back and have 2-4 days of pain. When I first got them on, it hurted for like a week. You can't have anything! But it's worth it.

Forbidden Foods

Hard candy
Caramel
Taffy
Hard bread crusts
Pizza crust
Hard nuts
Tacos
Tortilla chips
Corn Nuts
Popcorn
Jerky
Corn on the cob
Dried fruit
Cut these into bite-sized pieces:

Bagels
Apples
Raw carrots
Raw celery
Avoid chewing:

Gum
Ice
Bones
Be aware of the hidden sugar in:

Jelly
Syrup
Honey
Sugared cereals
Breakfast rolls
Catsup
Desserts
Sodas
Brush your teeth immediately after eating sweets. If you are unable to brush, rinse your mouth with water.

Oh, and you can't have suckers, snickers, twix (basically nothing with nuts, caramel, and is really hard.)

Last edited by WebkinzLuver04; 06-30-2010 at 07:17 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #12
Gifted
shawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roostshawnjohnson102 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by ~Kiwi~
Well to be honest, with the pain, the first week is horrible, and every time they tighten your braces too, but it really is awesome what it can do to your mouth. One thing you may want to try is,
check your pain killer medication
how long does it take to start working
take it that long before your braces are put on
then when they put on the braces it doesn't hurt so bad.

If you have sensitive teeth, when they put on the super glue, they harden it with a super strong light, and it can be really hot... my teeth hurt while that was happening cuz i have sensitive teeth. The glue tastes HORRIBLE so my mom took me for ice cream after, and then it tasted good xD you should do that, or a milkshake........ something tasty and liquid-y LOL

as for eating hard foods, one, it depends on the braces, 2, well, do you really want to crunch down when your mouth is hurting? no, probably not. i started eating hard foods again once they stopped hurting.

Congrats on getting braces, it is something that really helps your mouth look better!

P.S. if you are getting the colored rubber band kind (i didn't ) you should do red and blue! (4th of july) LOL
, Also if you have to get the rubber bands (The ones in the back of your mouth) They hurt as well, but most people don't get them for about 6 months I guess
shawnjohnson102 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
WebkinzLuver04

View Post Originally Posted by shawnjohnson102
, Also if you have to get the rubber bands (The ones in the back of your mouth) They hurt as well, but most people don't get them for about 6 months I guess
I got them like the 3rd or fourth time. I had to wear them at night in the front so it kept my mouth shut and hard to talk, THEN I had to wear them to school. (in the front on each side) and at lunch it hurt so bad.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
ibsrm
Webkinz :)

MonkeyGirl188 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkeyGirl188 has a spectacular aura about

They will hurt for a while but not too long.
Good luck!!
MonkeyGirl188 is offline Female
Closed