Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

rmr16 is just really nicermr16 is just really nice

Talking BRACE HELP

I am getting braces 2morrow and i need help here are all my ?s
what are good color combos
how do you floss and brush
what are good foods to eat when you first get your braces
can i still play my clarinet
what are foods i should not eat
thnks!
rmr16 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Liz ♥

kittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guide

Default Re: BRACE HELP

i have heard that black braces stain ur teeth so no black... maybe hot pink and lime green!

idk about anythin else tho cuz i dont have them!!

if ur a dude then maybe red and black.
kittykat22337 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

Hi!

I'm not sure how much has changed since I got braces (I won't tell you how long ago ), but I'm sure the basics are still the same.

First things first, take some tylenol before you go - regardless of how gentle your orthodontist is, your teeth will feel uncomfortable as they start to move.

I always went with very neutral colours - silver and such, some glow in the dark because it was clear unless it was dark - for the little bits that went around the actual brace mounts themselves. Some people really like to go all out there, but I personally wouldn't do anything green, because people will always tell you that you have something stuck in your teeth!

As for what to eat - avoid things that are sticky (gummy bears, gum, etc.) because they are hard to get out of your braces. And, keep in mind, that you should always brush very carefully and frequently - you should be brushing longer than you usually do. It's true that while you have your braces on, the rest of your teeth can become more coloured than the parts under the cement holding your braces on. So, if you don't take care of your teeth, you can end up with strange blotches on your teeth when you are done. Highly attractive Gum and popcorn will only get stuck and cause problems - I avoided them the entire time I had braces - trust me, it can be done!

For the first bit, eat soft things - pudding, applesauce, soup, etc. Don't eat things that require you to bite down and pull - don't eat anything like hamburgers or pizza, because those are going to make your teeth hurt as they get used to the braces. After you get used to it, you can eat a lot of things you used to eat. Things to stay away from, besides the sticky stuff I talked about before, are things like apples and carrots - things where you have to bite down into something hard, because those could cause the cement holding your braces on to snap off of your tooth. I couldn't eat corn on the cob myself, but you might find otherwise.

Ask your orthodontist any questions you might have - they're pretty good at answering
And feel free to ask me any questions you might have, I don't mind at all!

Oh!

And you can most definitely still play the clarinet - when I was in high school I played the trumpet, and after a short adjustment period, it was perfectly fine! The strange part was when I got my braces off, and had to almost relearn how to play, because I was so used to it!

Oh!

I keep seeing the rest of your questions lol.

Okay, for brushing, it is pretty much the same. When I had braces, they also gave me a small little "Christmas tree" type of brush, that I could use to get specific spots in between my braces if I felt that something was stuck. In terms of flossing, you use a little "floss threader" that they will give you - it's a little plastic loop that you use to get the floss in between the wire and your teeth, but that might have changed.

Don't worry about it - it seems terrifying at first, but it's not so bad. I cried my eyes out when I first got them, and wouldn't even speak to my orthodontist, but now I wouldn't take back my experience for anything - my teeth are lovely and I feel so much more self-confident!

Last edited by cocoharry; 04-21-2009 at 08:41 PM..
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

I would go for bright, bold colors!
Just avoid the following:
Orange
White
black
Yellow
Because all of the above make it look like there is food in your braces.
i love summer is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #5

kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art
kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art

well i got my top braces. that did not hurt when they were putting them on but when they put spacers those hurt.
colors you can get blue, pink , green or any it up to you.
don't eat hard foood eat soft food
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

I'm not going to beat around the bush. BRACES HURT! They'll stop hurting after the first 4-5 days but they will be tender and your teeth will feel like they are going to fall out of your head. I've had the brace face experience twice! This is my second time with them on. Don't eath anything that involves much chewing for the first two days and take an advil or tylenol before you go to bed the first and second night. (We didn't have any when I got my braces and I couldn't sleep because they hurt so badly.) As for colors, get any you like, they really don't make a difference. Good luck and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. After nearly four years of braces so far, I'm pretty much an expert. Lol! Good luck!
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

I think the best colors would be blue, green, pink, and purple.
LOL I am getting my braces off in a little over a month!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
^The Coolest Girl^

Jennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to behold

I liked a lot of colors. (I once got rainbow)
And they give you a floss threader to get the floss through the wire.
Brushing is basically the same but your gums may get kinda bad (mine did but now they are fine I just got my braces off)
Good foods are like smoothies and mushy stuff but they don't hurt so much right after you get them more like the next day.
I think clarinet should still be ok.
And I ate everything and my braces didn't brake once well... except for a stale crouton I once chomped on. xD. But stuff like mango and corn get a little stuck so cut it off the cob and off the skin.
Jennybeevee is offline Female
Closed