Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
<3lexi.
Webkinz :)

crazyy-lexii<3 has disabled reputation

Default A Beginning of a New Friendship?

Hi
Well, this one girl named Ella (not her real name) had a huge fight with the friend group she was in with before (the group always ditched her, and were mean to her), so she has been hanging out with the group I'm in. To be honest, I think I am more 'mature' than the group I am in right now (I know it's harsh but..). But I do love all of them dearly still, it's just Ella is more like me, and I can tell she's in our group because of me (again, I'm being harsh, sorry xP). But I think she's fine with hanging out with all of the group, because we all have fun together. Today on AIM, she said we (as in her &I) should hang out sometime, and asked for my phone number. I was really excited because that tells me that she wants to be good friends with me. The thing is though, in my group, you can't just invite 1 person to a gathering, you have to invite the whole group, which is like 8 people, or else people will feel left out. Anyways, I think I might just invite her over on the weekend and not tell my other friends. I'm also thinking of inviting my other friend outside of school too, because I tend to get kinda awkward when it's just 2 people together. Do you have advice for that too? Also, do you think that it's weird to invite 2 friends that don't really know each other? I think they might kinda have an idea of who they are, 'cause we all did gymnastics together a long long time ago.

Sorry this is long.
Thanks
crazyy-lexii<3 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Default Re: A Beginning of a New Friendship?

Hey there. (:
I think that's awesome that you met a new friend. ;3
I think it's kind of rude if you were to not tell your other friends, but then again it's kind of bad that they 'make' you invite the whole group when you want to hang out.
Maybe you should just invite Ella over, and if one of the people in your group asks what you're doing, just... bring it on lightly, don't say 'I'm only inviting Ella over.' Say something casual, you know? xD If your group is... well really defined, and there's something that acts like a leader, would they get annoyed that you are only inviting one girl, to try and be her friend better? And I think it's actually a pretty good idea to invite two people who don't really know each other. If they both know you, they are pretty in common. xD And they can become better friends.

Hope I helped,

Emma
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Believe in bunnies!

aibo7m3 is a glorious beacon of lightaibo7m3 is a glorious beacon of light

Ugh, I don't like all the groups that form. Though I am glad you've made a new friend! I'd say just go hang out with her and don't tell the rest of your group. I find the groups to be terrible! (I am not in one and probably the least popular kid at my school). I don't see why the whole group needs to go everywhere all together. Sigh, if only those groups never existed, I have hardly any friends since none of the groups will let me near them, any tips for joining a group?
aibo7m3 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
<3lexi.

View Post Originally Posted by Emma8432
Hey there. (:
I think that's awesome that you met a new friend. ;3
I think it's kind of rude if you were to not tell your other friends, but then again it's kind of bad that they 'make' you invite the whole group when you want to hang out.
Maybe you should just invite Ella over, and if one of the people in your group asks what you're doing, just... bring it on lightly, don't say 'I'm only inviting Ella over.' Say something casual, you know? xD If your group is... well really defined, and there's something that acts like a leader, would they get annoyed that you are only inviting one girl, to try and be her friend better? And I think it's actually a pretty good idea to invite two people who don't really know each other. If they both know you, they are pretty in common. xD And they can become better friends.

Hope I helped,
Emma
Thanks
They don't make us invite eachother, it's just kind of expected of us to invite everyone.

View Post Originally Posted by aibo7m3
Ugh, I don't like all the groups that form. Though I am glad you've made a new friend! I'd say just go hang out with her and don't tell the rest of your group. I find the groups to be terrible! (I am not in one and probably the least popular kid at my school). I don't see why the whole group needs to go everywhere all together. Sigh, if only those groups never existed, I have hardly any friends since none of the groups will let me near them, any tips for joining a group?
Thanks
I don't like the whole group thing either. :/
That stinks. I would just try to be friendly to everyone..or find someone else that's in need of a friend, too.

Last edited by crazyy-lexii<3; 04-14-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #5

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

It's great about your new friend. I think you should invite Ella over. Tell Ella not to make a big deal out of it at school, and not to mention it to anyone.
sharky48 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
<3lexi.

Thanks guys
Old 04-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #7

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

That's awesome that you have a new friend.
Yeah, I would definitely ask her to hang out and get to know each other. (: Just keep it secret.
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
♥DREAM♥ of bunnies

swimfast551 is just really niceswimfast551 is just really nice

I'd say if these friends were REAL friends, they'd understand you wanting to be friends with Ella. They'd be in a way, happy for you. Or at least should. You don't have to invite them to every single thing you do, neither do they. That's just how friends work. I'd say take the risk of inviting Ella over, and deal with your friends later. Chances are they'll understand.

And about the two friends thing, sure it's totally fine! How do people make new friends after all? It'll be fun, and when everyone walks out of it, chances are new friends will be made!

Hope this helps!(:
swimfast551 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
Ira Kitsune

I don't know what to tell you.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

I think you should go for it. I mean, I know you guys are friends, but it's not the entire world's business what you do on your own free-time. Especially if your growing out of the group, it could be nice to get some friends (especially especially if you aren't into the group thing anymore).
I've always wanted one of those things where you have one best friend that you know they are your best friends, and you know you their best friend. It always seemed fun since I don't have any siblings. And sometimes my friends get very, very, very annoying. I'm rambling on about myself. I really hope your friendship between you and 'Ella' works out. Best of luck!
Closed