Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Treehugger ♥
Banned
Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!

Default Advice?

Lately (like the past two years), I've just been to angry, and sad. At basically every little thing. Things aren't going to well for me. My family is going through really hard times and we have very little money. My interests have become strange ( Not going to say). I hardly ever hang out anymore either. I used to be so out there. People moved away, now I have like three serious friends, but my parents don't like two of them, and I can't hang out with one because my parents don't trust me with the opposite gender. But other than not being able to hang, I don't don't feel like it anymore. I've been feeling so alone lately too, like no one understands me. And everything, like everything seems to make me mad, it's getting to the point where I'm going to hurt someone or myself, not on purpose, but It's so hard to control. I really need advice. Everything is getting to be too much for me, and as time goes on it gets worse. Please, does anyone have any advice for some of these problems?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Advice?

I've felt the same way before.
I'd recommend talking to your doctor about it.
Maybe you have depression?
If you have depression, there's nothing to be embarrassed or mad or sad about. Many people suffer depression. All for various reasons. Some people suffer from depression because of personal or family issues, and other may have it and not even know why or what caused it.
If you do have depression, your doctor can prescribe you some medication that will help.

I'm not saying that you have depression, because I'm not a doctor.
I'm also not sure of your age, but if you're a teenager, that's sometimes a normal feeling.
A lot of teenagers end up feeling angry and alone, and some don't know why.

The thing that concerns me the most is that you said you feel like you're at the point where you feel like you might harm somebody or yourself. That's not good. You really should consult a doctor about that, because that's pretty serious.

Also, as for the anger, you really need to just be able to chill out. (Sorry, that sounds kinda harsh. That's not my intent.) If you feel yourself getting really angry, you need to just hold your tongue, and walk away. Go somewhere that makes you happy, like your room. If you're feeling angry and want to be alone, just go in your room and lock the door. You could maybe even make a sign on your day that says "Relaxing. Please give me some alone time right now." or something like that, so that people won't disturb you. Do something that makes you happy or feel better. Whether it be journaling, listening to music, reading, or playing a board game or computer game. I know it sounds kind of, I don't know, childish? to journal (Not saying that it is, but when somebody recommended journaling to me, I thought "Journaling?! That's what pre-teen girls do. 'Dear Diary... Johnny is so cute!'", which it really isn't. It's writing how you feel, or what happened in the day.), but it really helps. You can write down all your feelings without having to worry about blowing up in somebody's face and leading into a huge argument. Another great way to calm down while journaling is to play some relaxing music. Whether you make a playlist on your mp3 player/iPod (if you have one), or finding a relaxing music CD, or just make a playlist on Youtube, it will help you relax while you write. Another great way to stay motivated to writing is to go and buy a cute notebook (or you could even get a plain one and decorate it yourself), and maybe by yourself some colored pens or something that will make it more fun.

Another thing you can do is post some inspirational quotes in your room, and other places you feel you could use it (like if you get angry a lot at school, you could put some in your folders or binders). I found an amazing quote that I loved, and I put it on my wall in my room, and whenever I was feeling down, I'd read it, and it just seemed to apply to my life so well. If you want some examples of some inspirational quotes, I actually made an album of some of my favorites. Here's the link: Quotes
(This is the one on my wall:
Click the image to open in full size. )

I hope my advice helped, and that you'll be able to do something that helps you, so that you can start fully enjoying life.

Last edited by MeWuvKitties; 04-12-2011 at 08:57 PM..
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Treehugger ♥
Banned
Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!Chainsaw is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
If you have depression, there's nothing to be embarrassed or mad or sad about. Many people suffer depression. All for various reasons. Some people suffer from depression because of personal or family issues, and other may have it and not even know why or what caused it.
If you do have depression, your doctor can prescribe you some medication that will help.

I'm also not sure of your age, but if you're a teenager, that's sometimes a normal feeling.

The thing that concerns me the most is that you said you feel like you're at the point where you feel like you might harm somebody or yourself. That's not good. You really should consult a doctor about that, because that's pretty serious.
I tried that when I first started feeling like this. The doctor completely dismissed depression, but I came back diagnosed with an anxiety & OCD disorder. I went to an anxiety group and it's something completely different (I do have it, but it's not one of the causes for my anger). I've considered going to like a medical advice forum or something. My parents aren't really caring about what I have to say about this though, and it's frustrating. Since I didn't officially have depression of any sort, they thought I was just playing everyone. :l
Old 04-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

Also, as for the anger, you really need to just be able to chill out. (Sorry, that sounds kinda harsh. That's not my intent.) If you feel yourself getting really angry, you need to just hold your tongue, and walk away. Go somewhere that makes you happy, like your room. If you're feeling angry and want to be alone, just go in your room and lock the door. You could maybe even make a sign on your day that says "Relaxing. Please give me some alone time right now." or something like that, so that people won't disturb you. Do something that makes you happy or feel better. Whether it be journaling, listening to music, reading, or playing a board game or computer game. I know it sounds kind of, I don't know, childish? to journal (Not saying that it is, but when somebody recommended journaling to me, I thought "Journaling?! That's what pre-teen girls do. 'Dear Diary... Johnny is so cute!'", which it really isn't. It's writing how you feel, or what happened in the day.), but it really helps. You can write down all your feelings without having to worry about blowing up in somebody's face and leading into a huge argument. Another great way to calm down while journaling is to play some relaxing music. Whether you make a playlist on your mp3 player/iPod (if you have one), or finding a relaxing music CD, or just make a playlist on Youtube, it will help you relax while you write. Another great way to stay motivated to writing is to go and buy a cute notebook (or you could even get a plain one and decorate it yourself), and maybe by yourself some colored pens or something that will make it more fun.

I hope my advice helped, and that you'll be able to do something that helps you, so that you can start fully enjoying life.
Well said.

Talk to someone.... a parent, a teacher, a neighbor.... anyone you are close to.
They can help out.

Just remember this, things WILL get better. I promise.
Everything may seem bad, but it will all change.
It's like with movies. How the main character has that really tough part of their life where everything is bad, then things go back up
It may seem terrible now, but later things will work out.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

This is really good advice.
Is there an adult that you trust that you could talk with about this? Sometimes it helps to have someone to listen and help put things into perspective.
I'd also say that maybe it sounds like you need an outlet, other than violent movies and music. Maybe a sport that you like, where you could get out some energy. I know it sounds old fashioned, but exercise boosts your mood and helps level out some of those emotions. Being on a team would also be good for making new friends.
I hope you can find a good way to channel your feelings and energy. I don't think it's uncommon to feel what you're feeling. Just try to put all that into something positive.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Everyone has given you good advice, not much more I can say.
But if it helps, feel free to VM/PM me anytime. I'm available anytime.
((hugs))
Everything will work out.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
Treehugger ♥
Banned

Another thing you can do is post some inspirational quotes in your room, and other places you feel you could use it (like if you get angry a lot at school, you could put some in your folders or binders). I found an amazing quote that I loved, and I put it on my wall in my room, and whenever I was feeling down, I'd read it, and it just seemed to apply to my life so well. If you want some examples of some inspirational quotes, I actually made an album of some of my favorites. Here's the link: Quotes
(This is the one on my wall:
Click the image to open in full size. )

I've gotten into poetry lately. I think that could be the same as writing, maybe. I used to journal every day, but after a while It lost the help factor for me. But maybe my poetry, I should maybe try and get into drawing more again too. I like that quotes idea as well, I might find some to write on my binders.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #8

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

Maybe you should see a therapist? Try writing stories. When I'm mad or sad, I make up story and it heps me feel better. When your sad/mad try working extra hard it something...(studying, sports, singing, dancing, ect.)
sharky48 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #9

kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art
kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art

I've been going threw a hard time as well. I've been angry and mad. My dad has been the biggest problem right now. I feel like when I try to talk to my mom about my dad she doesn't listen or understand me so I started to write poems.I don't do good with talking to people about my problems, better for me to write them out. Then I show them to her... You can try that or..... come up with a story about a girl who is going through a hard time and write about how she got threw it. Or like everyone says talk to someone
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #10
Love is Love

Mint Chip is an unparalleled talent
Mint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talent

I have anger mangament issues and it helps when you listen to music. If you have an ipod/ mp3 create a playlist of songs that make you feel good about yourself. Whenever your angry or upset try dancing to the music or simplay swaying to the beat, close your eyes and take deep breathes. (I'm currently doing the same thing right now- im super mad xD)
When you need to just punch something, make your pillow PAY. . Talk to your parents and MAKE THEM LISTEN. Talk to a school guidence counsler or therapist; they like to listen (I think).
Talk to your doctor and if he/she blows you off- get in theur faceand tell them they'd better listen to you OR ELSE. and then tell them whats been going on, NICELY.

if you EVER NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO I'M ALWAYS HERE. Just remeber that things WILL work out. Just give it time

*hugs!*

-Mint Chip

Last edited by Webberlily; 04-13-2011 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: removing age range
Closed