Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Open Mike

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: *sigh* Cat help?

View Post Originally Posted by cocotruper
Oh that's a great idea! I don't know if there is a shelter near us, but i'll look it up and see.
There is also something called the "Meow Foundation". There might be one near you. They have shelter cats.
MEOW Foundation
mickey26 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
There is also something called the "Meow Foundation". There might be one near you. They have shelter cats.
MEOW Foundation
Sadly, there isn't one near us.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #13
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

Maybe try saving up the money first? Just hte money for the first few months, then just buy and pay as you go along.
Delilah is offline Female
Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Hey guys
About 5 years ago, I had a cat, but then she ran away. I really want another one, but my parent's don't think its a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to convince my parent's on how to get a cat, and maybe keep it indoors? We live in the city, so it would be a bad idea to have it outside.
I think because of the cost, and because they just don't really like animals that much. Also, I only get payed 30 dollars a month. Is that enough to keep up with a cat plus my personal needs/wants?
If you're really worried about being able to pay for "personal wants," I would say you probably won't be able to stay committed to raising a cat.
Say you'll pay for everything, and you'll actually take care of it.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #15

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Delilah
Maybe try saving up the money first? Just hte money for the first few months, then just buy and pay as you go along.
This is a good idea. I have to say that pets are not cheap. Even if you get a kitten for free, there are immunizations costs, , medicine, check ups, yearly vet fees, emergency care (if they get sick or have some kind of emergency, which happens more than you think). Food and care of a pet costs quite a bit of money. (flea/tick oil, deworming, etc.) Then you have to think ahead and determine whether or not you are willing to spend..let's say..a thousand dollars for x-rays or emergency surgery?? It also costs a couple hundred dollars to have a pet put down if you are not willing or able to spend the money to cure their ailment. I think it's good to consider all these things before you get a pet. I love animals, but even our shelter pets have ended up costing us thousands of dollars over the years.
Like I said, I really love animals...but they are a big committment.

Last edited by Desty; 04-02-2011 at 04:35 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #16

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
This is a good idea. I have to say that pets are not cheap. Even if you get a kitten for free, there are immunizations costs, , medicine, check ups, yearly vet fees, emergency care (if they get sick or have some kind of emergency, which happens more than you think). Food and care of a pet costs quite a bit of money. (flea/tick oil, deworming, etc.) Then you have to think ahead and determine whether or not you are willing to spend..let's say..a thousand dollars for x-rays or emergency surgery?? It also costs a couple hundred dollars to have a pet put down if you are not willing or able to spend the money to cure their ailment. I think it's good to consider all these things before you get a pet. I love animals, but even our shelter pets have ended up costing us thousands of dollars over the years.
Like I said, I really love animals...but they are a big committment.
Wow. I never thought about that stuff. We never did any of that with our old cats.. I know for a fact my parent's would never spend over like, 50 dollars to help our pets, let alone 1,000... Wow. How on earth am I going to do this?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Wow. I never thought about that stuff. We never did any of that with our old cats.. I know for a fact my parent's would never spend over like, 50 dollars to help our pets, let alone 1,000... Wow. How on earth am I going to do this?
I think you should wait till your entire family is ready for a pet. Take you time. There's no rush at all.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #18

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
I think you should wait till your entire family is ready for a pet. Take you time. There's no rush at all.
Yeah, my hopes were just crushed. I just told my dad that I was thinking about saving up for a cat, and my dad was like "who did you talk to that said you could get a cat?" then my mom said " I told her that if she saves up her money, when she moves out she can get a cat."
So yay for me..
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #19

Pengu911 has disabled reputation

Save up, then you should buy all the cat stuff, then buy the cat itself, it is hardwork taking care of a cat though.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #20

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Maybe try for a smaller pet that isn't so expensive? Like a guinea pig or hamster for instance.
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
katt loves wi!