Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Open Mike (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/)
-   -   *sigh* Cat help? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/open-mike-164/%2Asigh%2A-cat-help-689128/)

cocotruper04-02-2011 12:43 PM

*sigh* Cat help?

Hey guys
About 5 years ago, I had a cat, but then she ran away. I really want another one, but my parent's don't think its a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to convince my parent's on how to get a cat, and maybe keep it indoors? We live in the city, so it would be a bad idea to have it outside.
I think because of the cost, and because they just don't really like animals that much. Also, I only get payed 30 dollars a month. Is that enough to keep up with a cat plus my personal needs/wants?

Never mind the cat, i'm getting a hamster last month! Thanks Micky for giving me the idea!

mickey2604-02-2011 12:55 PM

Re: *sigh* Cat help?

Why doesn't your parents think its a good idea? Is it because it will cost $ to keep it? Or because they don't think you'll take care of it? Or they just don't like cats/don't want one?:)

cloverpuppy1004-02-2011 12:56 PM

Maybe if you tell them that you could pay for the cat, and care for him/her. Only if you have the money yourself, that is. ;)
I hope you get one! They're a lot of fun! But they are a lot of work, too (:

cocotruper04-02-2011 01:01 PM

Micky, I think because of the cost and because they just aren't animal lovers.. :P
Of course I would pay for it all, I think they just don't think I would have the money to keep up. I only get payed 30 dollars a month. If that enough to care for a cat, and keep up with my personal needs/wants?

wyatt06104-02-2011 01:04 PM

Maybe show them how responsible you are. Tell them you will help take care of the cat. :)
That's what I did to get my second rabbit.
Plus we were standing in front of the rabbit I wanted and my mom was holding her, so it was easier to make her buy her. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocotruper (Post 22826898)
Micky, I think because of the cost and because they just aren't animal lovers.. :P
Of course I would pay for it all, I think they just don't think I would have the money to keep up. I only get payed 30 dollars a month. If that enough to care for a cat, and keep up with my personal needs/wants?

Well, you need to pay to adopt the cat, feed the cat (I'm sure they will take care of supplying the water), buy toys and stuff for the cat (if you want), and there's the vet appointments.
Maybe if you tell them that you are willing to pay for the food to pay the cat and some chunk of the adoption fee..... they might agree

mickey2604-02-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocotruper (Post 22826898)

Okay, I see.:)
Maybe you can make a deal with your parents. Each month, you pay half the expenses & your parents pay the other half. And you promise to do well in school and not let taking care of a cat keep you from doing well in school.
Maybe you parents are scared of cats? There's nothing to be ashamed of, I know many people are. (my parents are.;))

cocotruper04-02-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey26 (Post 22827075)
Okay, I see.:)
Maybe you can make a deal with your parents. Each month, you pay half the expenses & your parents pay the other half. And you promise to do well in school and not let taking care of a cat keep you from doing well in school.
Maybe you parents are scared of cats? There's nothing to be ashamed of, I know many people are. (my parents are.;))

I'll try that. They aren't scared of cats, because when we had our other ones, they actually really liked them. They would hold them and pet them, and take care of them for us sometimes. So they do like animals a bit, but we'll see how it all rolls over. Part of the reason why they let us get cats before was because our neighbors cat had kittens, and they were giving them away for free. Maybe its just the price they don't want to deal with. I'll tell them i'll pay for it and see what they say.
By the way, how much does a bag of cat food cost? And how about a bed?

mickey2604-02-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocotruper (Post 22827308)
I'll try that. They aren't scared of cats, because when we had our other ones, they actually really liked them. They would hold them and pet them, and take care of them for us sometimes. So they do like animals a bit, but we'll see how it all rolls over. Part of the reason why they let us get cats before was because our neighbors cat had kittens, and they were giving them away for free. Maybe its just the price they don't want to deal with. I'll tell them i'll pay for it and see what they say.

Yeah, see if you can adopt from a shelter.:) Like any SPCA or something.:)
No idea, sorry. I've never had cats. I'm sure you can look it up on the internet. (Petcetera, Petland, Petsmart, ect.:))

wyatt06104-02-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocotruper (Post 22827308)

Prices depend on where you get them. And the brands.

cocotruper04-02-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey26 (Post 22827422)
Yeah, see if you can adopt from a shelter.:) Like any SPCA or something.:)
No idea, sorry. I've never had cats. I'm sure you can look it up on the internet. (Petcetera, Petland, Petsmart, ect.:))

Oh that's a great idea! I don't know if there is a shelter near us, but i'll look it up and see.