Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
Torches
Gifted

drb108 is a WI addict!
drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!

Default Re: ~WNTM of the Week #4: June 23-29~ If you're feeling an emotion enter now! (clap clap)

View Post Originally Posted by weedpatchfarm
Your username: weedpatchfarm
Your model's name: Ice Classic
Your model's species: Friesian Horse
Your model's gender: Girl
Your model's picture:

Click the image to open in full size.

Ice Classic is representing the emotion of loneliness. She is so close to others, yet separated both physically and emotionally. While none of us like to be lonely, I think we have all felt it at some point in our lives, and can relate with the way Ice Classic feels right now. Whereas her outfit could have been very chic, with the different patterns and shapes, everything turned out bland and grey~~ perhaps because, at least for now, she has no special someone to bring color to her life.

Thank you for the fantastic contest!
Just saying, but this is true brilliance.

I'll enter eventually:
Your username: drb108
Your model's name: Rocky
Your model's species: Husky
Your model's gender: Boy
Your model's picture: Only do the picture of the Husky. The other one is just for reference. My emotion may not be so much an emotion, but I chose Arrogance/Pride. There's a little story that I found and shortened to go along with the pictures:

Spoiler: show
Once upon a time, there was a king who loved his kingdom to no end. One day he saw that his kingdom was dying. He looked to his great riches, weary of his people's suffering. He decided to extend his inheritance to all who would receive it by offering them his most prized possession: the Flower of Adelaide in his garden, which granted eternal life. Two caught the King's eyes in particular: a poor widow and a very rich man. The woman, broken, came with the purest intentions. However, the rich man was arrogant and sought to fulfill his lust for power. Regardless, the king made a promise he intended to keep. The king warned the two not to wander too far from the gates, for if they were left in the garden by nightfall, they would be trapped in eternal darkness. The woman heeded the King's words and strayed only as far enough to find the flower, but the heart of the rich man was bitter and cold as he wandered the garden, captivated by his surroundings. Sunset came, and the woman was safe beyond the garden gates. The rich man, however, had reached the end of the garden, believing the King's word's to be open to interpretation and that he had the final say on his future. When the sun had set, it was then he noticed the error of his ways, all too late. He sprinted for the gate, forgetting the treasure that lied inside the garden. He had reached the gate, but a moment too late. He was trapped in his own folly forever, pondering his own acts and what would his life be like if only he had listened. Meanwhile, the widow received the inheritance of the King and lived as his child forever.

Last edited by drb108; 06-29-2013 at 08:44 PM..
drb108 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell
Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: ~WNTM of the Week #4: June 23-29~ If you're feeling an emotion enter now! (clap clap)

Nice to have you entering, D! The time deadline to get pictures in is now officially 11:59 PM KT tonight.
Harriet is offline Female
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #23
Torches
Gifted

drb108 is a WI addict!
drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!drb108 is a WI addict!

Updated.
drb108 is offline Male
Old 06-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #24

Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell
Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell

Thanks D.
Judging will be up sometime tomorrow.

okay, critiques and placements will probably be up tonight.

Last edited by Harriet; 06-30-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #25
I Need TS6

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

Here's a post.
panda886 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #26

Critiques

Princess
I very much like your outfit, except for maybe the bow. Perhaps something to match the boots would have tied this together? As for your background, the only things I'm not a huge fan of are the bed and floor. The blues sort of distract from one another, and a darker flooring would help a bit with giving off the 'worried' vibe, I think. Other than that this is fantastic.

Arabesque
I adore your outfit, except for the pants. They're a different shade of red than the hat, and I think you have enough stripes. Maybe just some plain white jeans would have worked better. I love how you used the honey wall, however the blue spot on the floor is a little distracting and I think that it would give a more scary effect if just the mask and neck were showing of the alien. Otherwise, this is an amazing picture.

Kevin
I really like this outfit, except for the hat. Perhaps something more rainbow-y to tie in with the boots would have been nicer, especially since you are blue and the flooring is blue. The hat is sort of meshing/disappearing. You certainly do give the impression of happiness, though. Your background could stand to be a little more interesting, but I like how you're off center. You still grab my attention.

Ice Classic
I love this except for the pants. They are just a little off from the grey in the shirt, and it just feels a little mismatched. The beret is also a little off-color, but I think that in that case the hat looks cute the way it is. I like how you varied and went off center. I think you could crop it a little so it's just showing to the top of the lamp post and the tail of the horse, and that would make the picture smaller and really vibe loneliness to me.

Triton
Hmmm... If you changed the hat to a green hat, this would be just about perfect. Your background really vibes relaxed to me and if you just gave the impression of laying back and being peaceful, you know, one with your surroundings with your outfit, this would be really good.

MayBelle
I love the start you had with the wig and slippers. I find that they mesh well together and also coordinate with the potion. I think, though, that you need to find another pair of pants or even a skirt. The white seems a little bright, though I like the grey shirt. I think you could have done better with a darker flooring, but other than that if you just change the divider I think this looks good. The divider just seems to clash with everything else. This is still a really good picture, though! I totally get the mischievousness.

Rocky
I actually really like this. It looks good, except for the shoes. I like the look, but I unfortunately find them a little distracting since they clash with your hat. It does feel like you're being prideful, though. I quite enjoy your background. It looks good to me, even with all the colors with the other colors.

And now, for placements!

In fifth place, we have the remarkable
Ice Classic!

Great job, darling!

Close in fourth we have the amazing
Rocky!

You did great work!

Our second runner-up is the fabulous
Princess!

Sugar, you really impressed!

Our first runner-up title goes to the talented
Triton!

Your photo wowed me!

And finally, in first, we have the wonderful
Arabesque!

Honey, I loved your picture!

The winners will receive PMs from Harriet likely tomorrow regarding prizes.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #27
I Need TS6

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

On my screen, the burgundy in the hat and pants look the same to me, but I totally get what you were saying about the stripes on the pants and the alien. Thank you for the critique and, wow, thank you for first!
panda886 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #28

Oh huh. To me the hat looks a bit darker and the pants more pinkish.
You're welcome.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #29
NTMer and Artist!

weedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacity
weedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacity

Thank you for your critiques and for 5th placing.
weedpatchfarm is offline Female
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #30

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

Thank you very much for third place!
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
#jojii, harriet likes this, wntm of the week