Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)
 
RandomyesIam's Avatar
RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Arrow ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest: Round 3 is up "Complete the picture"

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey everyone, I'm so very sorry it took so long to post round 3. I have been super busy with non related Webkinz activities. I won't be active to much on WI or WW for the next two weeks or so. I'm overloaded with work. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer them when I get the chance.

Let's get onto the round

So I got to see your style of writing and how creative you guys can be. Now I will be testing out your true skills on how to put a writing piece together given three things. The Setting, tone and or mood, and the time of day. Listed below are the choices you can pick. You may write a poem, short story, or just free write.

Rules:
Must use webkinz characters only this time
No more than 2 main characters. Extra characters
that contribute to your writing piece are allowed.
No more then three pages
Please include a title

Bonus points:
(None this round) I wanna see how well you can
write avoiding the extra points you could get.


ideas: (anyone may do the same idea)

1.) Setting: The lake Tone/mood: Happiness Weather: Cloudy

2.) Setting: Coffee shop Tone/mood: Disappointment Time of day: Night time

3.) Setting: The beach Tone/mood: Calm Weather: Windy

4.) Setting:High school Tone/mood: Dismal Weather: Raining

5.) Setting: An airport Tone/mood: Worried Time of day: Afternoon

6.)
Setting: The ski resort Tone/mood: Relaxed Weather: Raining

7.) Setting: University Tone/mood:Regretful Time of day: Morning

8.) Setting: Cottage Tone/mood: Cheerful Weather: Warm

9.)
Setting: Forest Tone/mood: Quiet Time of day: Night time

10.) Setting: Train Station Tone/Mood: Depressed Weather: raining.





Qualifications/reasons for extensions:
Spoiler: show
Usually they are about 1-4 days extra depending on your
situation you're having or going through

1.) Computer issues
2.) Vacations or family plans
3.) You're feeling Sick or are
4.) Swamped with homework/work
-Now if you happen to forget about the deadline or wait
until the last minute to do this task. I
will grant you however many days you need to
turn it in. BUT I will deduct 3 points away from
your score for every day you need.-




The Rules: (Updated as of 10/17/12)

-Follow all WI rules and creative writing rules
-No rude behavior
-If you have displayed rude behavior towards anyone you will be disqualified. No exceptions.
-No one gets eliminated, so no worries
-Please turn in your entries on time! Don't enter this contest if
you will not be committed. I cannot stress that enough.
-Please try your best and spell check/Correct Grammar. (I'm not even an expert at grammar...so I won't count it to much.)
-Please be patient waiting for results. Remember I have to read each entry. Some of the rounds will be asking for a long entry.
-Please know the differences between, there, their, and they're
-Try your best to know the different between Your and you're


Index:
Round 1 Comments Page: 9
Round 1: Placements Page:
9
Round 2: Comments Page: 13
Round 2: Placements Page: 13

Round 3: Comments Page:
Round 3: Placements Page:

Round 4 Comments Page:
Round 4 placements Page:

Gallery of everyone's writing Page(s)
Round 1: Page 9
Round 2: Page 13
Round 3:
Round 4:



Last edited by RandomyesIam; 11-20-2012 at 11:06 PM..
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)
 
RandomyesIam's Avatar
RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available


L
eagues:
(Official)
Click the image to open in full size.
Lovepup542 (9)
bitsymarymoof (9)
24724
(8.5)

WackyZingoz211 (8.5)
MagicWebkinz (9)


Click the image to open in full size.
Aquahusky14 (6)
Crystalruth (6)
8webkinzlover (7)

Girlsluv2play (5)

GoGreenGirl (4) *Dropped out*



Prizes
Spoiler: show

+The Gold Package+ (1st place)
Peridot puppy PSF, Rockerz Puppy PSF, and a chocolate milkshake


+The Silver Package+ (2nd place)
-Emerald lab PSF, orange soda and Pizza

+The Bronze Package+ (3rd place)
Spooky puppy PSF, Cream soda, and Vitamins


+The Master Author Package+
-Black lab PSF, Garnet Rover PSF, and Aquarius puppy PSF


Master Package requirements:
Spoiler: show
1.) You must have been placed in the top 3 twice
out of the 3 main rounds
.
2.) Complimented someone on a piece they created
that you TRULY liked. Or in other terms, praised
them for good work.

3.) Did not miss any deadlines or ask for extensions
(because you forgot about the task)

4.) If you place in the top 3 and gave tips to
an other writer in your division that scored
lower then you

5.) Did some bonus point work.


Last edited by RandomyesIam; 10-24-2012 at 05:09 PM..
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)
 
RandomyesIam's Avatar
RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

Standings:
Top 3 overall: (the top 3 who have the most points)
1st.)
8webkinzlover (Kitty)108 points *Powerful
2nd.)
24724 (Ginger) 104 points *Flawless
3rd.)
bitsymarymoof (Ally) 100 points *Flawless
Simply Flawless
1st.)
24724 (Ginger)104 points
2nd)bitsymarymoof (Ally) 100 points
3rd)
WackyZingoz211(Wacky) 54 points
4th.)
Lovepup542 (Nicky)78 points
5th)
MagicWebkinz (Jingles) 20 points

Simply Powerful:
1st.)
8webkinzlover (Kitty)108 points
2nd.)
Aquahusky14 (Emmy)86 points
3rd.)
Girlsluv2play (Girlz) 83 points
4th.)
Crystalruth (Crystal) 20 points


How do I win?
Spoiler: show
Points:
Top 3:
1st place: 45 points
2nd place: 40 points
3rd place: 35 points
Bottom 3:
4th place 30 points
5th place: 25 points
6th place and below: 20 points
Not Turned in:
10 points



Points accumulated every round
1.) Lovepup542 (Nicky)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (30) (9)=(39)
Round 2: (35) (4)=(39)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)
=78 overall

2.) Aquahusky14 (Emmy)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (40) (12)=(52)
Round 2: (30) (4)=(34)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)= 86 Overall

3.)WackyZingoz211(Wacky)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (35) (9)=(44)
Round 2: (10) (0)=(10)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)= 54 Overall

4.)bitsymarymoof (Ally)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (45) (6)=(51)
Round 2: (45) (4)=(49)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)=100 Overall

5.)Crystalruth (Crystal)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (10) (0)=(10)
Round 2: (10) (0)=(10)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)=20 overall

6.)Girlsluv2play (Girlz)

Spoiler: show
Round 1: (30) (9)=(39)
Round 2: (40) (4)=(44)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)= 83 Overall

7.)8webkinzlover (Kitty)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (45) (9)=(54)
Round 2: (45) (9)=(54)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)= 108 Overall

8.)24724 (Ginger)
Spoiler: show
Round 1: (40) (20)=(60)
Round 2: (4) (4)=(44)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)= 104 Overall

9.) MagicWebkinz (Jingles)

Spoiler: show
Round 1: (10) (0)=(10)
Round 2: (10)(0)=(10)
Round 3: (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)

Round 4: (Finals): (Points) (Bonus Points)=(Total)= 20 Overall



Last edited by RandomyesIam; 11-16-2012 at 08:19 PM..
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 09-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Webkinz :)
 
lovepup542's Avatar
lovepup542 has disabled reputation

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

Name:lovepup542
Nickname:Nicky
Skill level you think you have out of 10:Lolz 9. xD I LOVE to write. I don't wanna call myself 10, cause then I'll sound selfish. xD
Sample piece of work: (Optional)Sooon!!!!
Will you be committed?: Yeppers!
Questions or comments:N/A
lovepup542 is offline Female
Old 09-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Webkinz :)
 
GoGreenGirl's Avatar
GoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contest
GoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contestGoGreenGirl could win a popularity contest

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

Form:

Name: GoGreenGirl
Nickname: GGG

Skill level you think you have out of 10: I can not really jugde myself however, I think a 3 or 4 would be accurate. I am no J.K. Rowling.
Sample piece of work: (Optional) Cooming soon to a thread near you ......
Will you be committed?: Yes or no I will do my best. Yes!
Questions or comments: Nope!

GoGreenGirl is offline Female
Old 09-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
TaliaJoy18 </3
Webkinz :)
 
aquahusky14's Avatar
aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible
aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

Name: aquahusky14
Nickname: Emmy
Skill level you think you have out of 10: Compared to kids my age, a 9. Compared to people on WI, a 6.
Sample piece of work:
Spoiler: show
“Onward, Philippe!” I shouted to my Clydesdale horse. He let out a loud whinny and charged towards the castle. I looked at the sun and could tell mother and father, the king and queen of Taggosh, would be home any minute.

My name, you must be asking? I’m Admiranda, Princess of Taggosh. I prefer to be called Adie, though. As a princess, I am supposed to be proper and elegant. When my mother isn’t looking, I charge into the forest with Philippe and stab the few targets I have set up along the path with my long silver sword.

I’ve always wanted to be free from the chains of my mother and father. They always used to tell me that I should be a proper lady like my older sister Celestria. Now, they just tell me to be more proper When I was young, I always wished I was Celestria. She had gorgeous hair like the gold on my mom’s tiara, beautiful crystal blue eyes and of course a better name than I.

One day, Celestria met a boy. His name was Galeron and she loved him so much. However, his mother and father were rulers of Poinort, Taggosh’s enemy region. When father refused to have her loving a man from an enemy terrain, Celestria cried for days on end. Three nights later, she ran off with Galeron to Poinort and we haven’t seen her since.

“Phillippe, headlong rapidly!” I shouted again to my horse. He threw back his neck and galloped as fast as he ever has. We hauled ourselves into the stables just as I saw Mother and Father’s carriage coming down the hill. I led the sweating Clydesdale into the stable and washed him down with cold water.

I tip-toed into the house and sat down on the satin chair. I grabbed my book on English and began to pretend to read it. I heard the door creek open, and then a muffled sob. I stood up immediately, my curled beige hair bouncing behind me.

“Mother, father? Is everything alright?” I asked quietly. I walked slowly towards the door where a figure was hunched over. I heard a sniff then the sound of feet scrambling up.

“Admiranda, something has happened.” Tears slowly streamed down her face. I clutched her hand and helped her sit down on the couch. I wondered where father was.

“What has happened, mother?” I asked. She didn’t reply. Then, I knew the answer to my own question: father was dead.

Will you be committed?: Yes or no
Questions or comments: N/A
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Old 09-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)
 
RandomyesIam's Avatar
RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

View Post Originally Posted by lovepup542
Name:lovepup542
Nickname:Nicky
Skill level you think you have out of 10:Lolz 9. xD I LOVE to write. I don't wanna call myself 10, cause then I'll sound selfish. xD
Sample piece of work: (Optional)Sooon!!!!
Will you be committed?: Yeppers!
Questions or comments:N/A
Thanks! Welcome I look forward to reading your stories/poems.

View Post Originally Posted by GoGreenGirl
Form:

Name: GoGreenGirl
Nickname: GGG

Skill level you think you have out of 10: I can not really jugde myself however, I think a 3 or 4 would be accurate. I am no J.K. Rowling.
Sample piece of work: (Optional) Cooming soon to a thread near you ......
Will you be committed?: Yes or no I will do my best. Yes!
Questions or comments: Nope!

Welcome Thanks for signing up! Can't wait to read your pieces.

View Post Originally Posted by aquahusky14
Name: aquahusky14
Nickname: Emmy
Skill level you think you have out of 10: Compared to kids my age, a 9. Compared to people on WI, a 6.
Sample piece of work:
Spoiler: show
“Onward, Philippe!” I shouted to my Clydesdale horse. He let out a loud whinny and charged towards the castle. I looked at the sun and could tell mother and father, the king and queen of Taggosh, would be home any minute.

My name, you must be asking? I’m Admiranda, Princess of Taggosh. I prefer to be called Adie, though. As a princess, I am supposed to be proper and elegant. When my mother isn’t looking, I charge into the forest with Philippe and stab the few targets I have set up along the path with my long silver sword.

I’ve always wanted to be free from the chains of my mother and father. They always used to tell me that I should be a proper lady like my older sister Celestria. Now, they just tell me to be more proper When I was young, I always wished I was Celestria. She had gorgeous hair like the gold on my mom’s tiara, beautiful crystal blue eyes and of course a better name than I.

One day, Celestria met a boy. His name was Galeron and she loved him so much. However, his mother and father were rulers of Poinort, Taggosh’s enemy region. When father refused to have her loving a man from an enemy terrain, Celestria cried for days on end. Three nights later, she ran off with Galeron to Poinort and we haven’t seen her since.

“Phillippe, headlong rapidly!” I shouted again to my horse. He threw back his neck and galloped as fast as he ever has. We hauled ourselves into the stables just as I saw Mother and Father’s carriage coming down the hill. I led the sweating Clydesdale into the stable and washed him down with cold water.

I tip-toed into the house and sat down on the satin chair. I grabbed my book on English and began to pretend to read it. I heard the door creek open, and then a muffled sob. I stood up immediately, my curled beige hair bouncing behind me.

“Mother, father? Is everything alright?” I asked quietly. I walked slowly towards the door where a figure was hunched over. I heard a sniff then the sound of feet scrambling up.

“Admiranda, something has happened.” Tears slowly streamed down her face. I clutched her hand and helped her sit down on the couch. I wondered where father was.

“What has happened, mother?” I asked. She didn’t reply. Then, I knew the answer to my own question: father was dead.

Will you be committed?: Yes or no
Questions or comments: N/A
Welcome! Great sample story!
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
Webkinz :)
 
lovepup542's Avatar
lovepup542 has disabled reputation

Talking Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

View Post Originally Posted by RandomyesIam
Thanks! Welcome I look forward to reading your stories/poems.



Welcome Thanks for signing up! Can't wait to read your pieces.



Welcome! Great sample story!
Moo Moo:Hi Colton! She is an awesome writer. BUT, I um... was wondering eh if-
Me: NOTHING!!! Ummm.....Just nothing.
Moo Moo:
Me:Good, good.
lovepup542 is offline Female
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)
 
RandomyesIam's Avatar
RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

View Post Originally Posted by lovepup542
Moo Moo:Hi Colton! She is an awesome writer. BUT, I um... was wondering eh if-
Me: NOTHING!!! Ummm.....Just nothing.
Moo Moo:
Me:Good, good.
"Hi Moo Moo "

I'm sure she is a good writer, hopefully we can get more authors to join
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Webkinz :)
 
lovepup542's Avatar
lovepup542 has disabled reputation

Default Re: ~Simply perfect...Simply me~ Writing Contest. Created by Cosmic Thunder. Now Looking for Authors! 20 spots available

View Post Originally Posted by RandomyesIam
"Hi Moo Moo "

I'm sure she is a good writer, hopefully we can get more authors to join
Hi Colton!
I like your um........clothes!
lovepup542 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
aqua was here☺☻☺, girlz wuz here, i knew you were trouble., kitty wuz here, moo<3colton, the random family, ♥dylan♥

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts