Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #21
turtle606

Default Re: WI's Next Top WRITER!! ~Season 1~

Here's mine:

The Way The Wind Blows by turtle606,
Based on true events

Pit, Pit, Pit, Pat, Pat, Pat. The rain fell down over and over again. My face was stained with tears, how could she do something such as this, my own mother. Well, I shouldn't get to far ahead of myself let's start from the beginning....

My mom met Jacob at a party. They seemed to have everything in common, the agreed on everything, politics, taxes, even gas prices, everything just clicked with them. Or, that's what my mom told my grandma who told me. I was happy for her. But then it happened. John started dating my mom. At first it was once a week but that changed very quickly. Then it was twice, 3 times, four times until every night I was left playing chess with my grandparents. I didn't even understand chess.
One night after getting terribly beaten at chess, I decided to tell my mother that I didn't like that I saw her barely an hour each day. My mother had always told me to always tell her if something was wrong. I decided to tell her in the morning.
The next morning, I woke up and ran to my mother's bedroom to tell her what I had secretly rehearsed over and over again when I was supposed to be sleeping. She wasn't there. Strange.... Then I heard the sound of a car door being slammed. I saw mom and John in the car. Then watched as they drove off. I ran downstairs. My grandparents were crying. I saw a note on the table with my name on it in my mom's handwriting. I quietly picked it up, so I wouldn't desturb my grandparents. I walked out of the kitchen, and read the note:

Dear Brianna,
I am so sorry to say this on such short notice but there was no other way. John told me a kid would be to much work and inturupt our love and he figred if we told you any earlier, you would want to come with. I guess that's right. The truth is, me and John are moving to Kentucky. You will be cared for by nana and papa. I'll probably be to busy to ever see you again so sorry.

Kisses,
Your mom.

After reading the note, I cried. I missed school that day. My grandparent ssat with me that whole day and cried. But if I'd known that that wouldn't be the worst of my sadness, I would've quit school, run away and cry endless tears for the rest of my life.
Exactly 3 years after reading that 1st fateful letter, another letter followed. This letter was the same as that last one besides that fact that the envelope was pink and slightly bigger in size. It was adressed to all of us. The letter had a picture of my mom in it. My mom had a huge stomach. The letter was all fancy a typed but you could tell that a whole bunch of things had been erased and added for White-Out was in think blotches almost everywhere. The letter read:

Sup Dudes, it'z John here.
yeh, uh i married Megs like 2 yrs ago. surry, you wernt invited to the wedding. It waznt really official. It waz at this wicked bar. yeh. gud timz. oh yeh, the rezon im like riten thiz lett-R is cuz yeh meg got pregnant. Im gonna be a daddy soon. She's gunna keep the baby her and raze it in kentuky wit me. i tink im finly redy for a babee and a kid. hope Bri'z doin fine. But, we gotz uz a poblem, yeh we ca only affurd 1 kiddie zo, Bri'z gonna hav to stay wit u.
~John.

And that's the way it was. Megan,(my mom) had a baby. She raised it and I was raised my my grandparents. I was extremely mad at my mom. I got therapy and learned to deal with my emotions. I didn't understand how she was able to raise her baby and not me. Well, I guess that's just the way the wind blows.

THE END.

{Author's Note}
I am not Brianna. Brianna was my friend but we lost our friend ship when her mom and stepdad "John" moved. I changed most of the names, most of the places and most of the events in this story. Most of it is true. I wanted to write this story so Brianna's life can be told. Things like this shouldn't happen.

Hope you like it.

---------- turtle606 added 4 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------

Oh, I don't know if I need this but...
:pol ice:

Last edited by turtle606; 06-15-2008 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #22
Gifted

cattails190 has disabled reputation

M'kay, I guess I'll go next. Mine's not that long and I don't have title for it... I really couldn't think of much for my story... but anyways... click the spoiler for mine.
Spoiler: show
Sora and Sheila, possibly two of the best friends in the whole world, sat on a low stone wall at Lake's End Park on a hot and misty Saturday morning. Tiny water droplets settled in their hair, sparkling like gems. Sora kicked up some gravel and sighed. "What's wrong?" Sheila questioned.
"Well, you know Olivia?" Sora asked sadly.
"Olivia Sharp? In our math class?"
"Yeah, her."
"What about her?"
"Ya know how much of a snob she can be… I guess I thought I did, too."
Sheila gasped. "What happened?"
Sora continued. "It's that book we wrote together. Back in third grade. The one with that fuzzy pink cover? I brought it to school yesterday, just to read it again. When I walked outside, she pushed me on the hard concrete. Then she picked up the book. 'What's this?'" she perfectly imitated Olivia's annoying, nasally voice. "'Some baby book?' and then she ripped it in half and threw it all over my face."
Sheila gasped yet again. "She didn't!"
Sora shook her head sadly. "I knew Olivia could be low, but I couldn't believe it... how could she do something such as that?"
"I wouldn't put it past her."
"But what can we do? It's not like we can rewrite something we did four years ago."
Sheila swung her legs forward and stood up. "Maybe not," she said indignantly, "But who says we let Olivia get away with it?"
"No one, but…"
"'But' what? C'mon, Sora, you know you want to."
"That's the thing. I don't. Now that I know what it feels like, being crushed, I'm not gonna trash her party with you."
"Well, I'm not doing it without you."
"Then I guess we're not doing it."
"Fine."
"Fine!"
Then, storming away with falsely led anger, the two girls left.

Three weeks later, the two stumbled across each other. They both glared at the other.
"Hello, Ms. Let's-go-trash-Olivia's-party," Sora snapped.
"Hi, Ms. I'm-not-gonna… hey, what's that?"
Sure enough, Sora was holding a taped-and-glued together book with a fuzzy pink cover. "The book."
"You got it back?"
"Of course, silly! You think I'd leave a bunch of valuable ripped papers to rot?"
Sheila looked at Sora skeptically. Sora stared back for a long time.
"So-o-o…"
"So."
Then they both sat down on the very same stone wall, and read.
The End

Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #23
dancingmoon9
Webkinz :)

violet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to join!! Is it too late?

Pet type: Whimsy Dragon
Pet name: Twilight
Pet Gender: Girl
WW username: dancingmoon9

Last edited by violet77; 06-16-2008 at 12:55 PM..
violet77 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #24
SmileeProductions™

Rukia is a jewel in the roughRukia is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to join too. Or is it too late?

Writer(pet name)= Squeakers
Pet type= Mouse
Pet gender= Female
WW username= Later....

Rukia is offline Female
Old 06-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #25
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Okay, anyone who still wants to enter, please check page 2 for details on first round. Yall are in!
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #26
SmileeProductions™

Rukia is a jewel in the roughRukia is a jewel in the rough

Woo Hoo!! I'm going to start soon!
Rukia is offline Female
Old 06-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #27

DragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledge

Is it to late for me to join? I love to write.
DragonStar is offline Male
Old 06-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #28
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

I read both of yours. Good job!

---------- TexasGirl8 added 4 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

Yes, but after the 1 st round is over, no more. Okay?

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 06-15-2008 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #29
Tecytoc2142

mystic

female
tecytoc2142

---------- Tecytoc2142 added 7 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

Monday

Well mom says that since I have been being so good lately that she would buy me a diary all of my own just like Peggy. Now I can be just like her and write in my diary just like she does every day. Only mine doesn't have a key like hers does so I better keep it away Davy. When he got in to sis's she got mad because he dropped it into a puddle after he read it to his friend. But no not me Lila P. I will not lose my diary!

Tuesday

Today momma announced at breakfast that tomorrow is plum day. Oh I love plum day. Every year we have plum day we pick plums and sell them at the market and sometimes if we make alot of money momma will give us a nickel. Then Peggy Davy and I can go get some candy and if we save our nickels for two years then we can get big stuff and every year we save we can get bigger and bigger stuff. But I don’t think I wanna save mine because I want chocolate cause I never gets chocolate except on plum day!

Wednesday

Well guess what todays plum day and Pa already brought a wheelbarrow full of plums down to the market and Peggy Davy and I were so excited when he came back for another load cause he sold that whole wheelbarrow full already he left just a little bit ago but I hope he’s back again soon because Mama says that maybe if the market goes well we could get two nickels and then we wouldn't even have to save two year to get something big!

Thursday

Well guess what market went so good Pa says that we each got three nickels! Im so excited too because Peggy is taking us down to the store in just a little while to get our stuff only Davy is lucky cause he saved up last years plum day nickel so now he’s got four nickels. He is so smart with his nickels that Pa says that maybe some day he will be a banker and mama says she thinks so too. Davy is just the luckiest person ever!

Friday

Well Pa says that we got some good stuff at the store with our nickels. I got a dolly and a dress for her. Im gonna name her Mary. Just like Mary Sue. She is the best girl ever! She always wears pretty dresses and frilly gloves. Momma always says thats cause Marys parents got alot of money. But I don’t know. Peggy says my choice was nice but she likes her sling shot better. But Davy got a sling shot too and her keeps slinging rocks at her and she does it back at him so mama took the slingshots away. She says that too bad that they were being naughty and she says good job to me for not being bad.

Saturday

Well mama says that tomorrow is the last day of church so Im sad but when I asked Mama why she said that church would start again soon and that Pastor Moon had to take a labor rest. I don’t know what that means but I asked Peggy and she said Pastor Moons having a baby. I don’t believe her and she told thats why her belly was so big but I told her that Pastor Moon was just getting fat! She told mama but mama just told her to go away please and to leave me alone.

Sunday

Well today mama was right it was the last day of church. And I guess that Peggy was right too because Pastor Moon said that she’s having quintuplets. Mama taught me that fancy word. That mean four. Shes having three girls and one boy. Kinda like Peggy Davy and me only there’s three of us and Peggy’s eleven Davy’s six and Im nine. But there’s still more girls than boys. But you know how I told you Davy wouldn’t get my diary well he did only he said that mine doesn’t sound anything like Peggy’s cause mine doesn’t say that Will is a dreamy cutie in it so I guess Im happy to know that if Davy gets ahold of my journal again he wont have nothing to tell other people about.

Monday

Well today Peggy and Davy got there slingshots back. But they started pelting rocks at ME Lila P. so they got them put on the market in the booth and sold! And guess what Friday is gonna be when summer break starts. And on summer break I can do whatever I want. Im so excited cause when we have summer break we always go and see Gram. Oh I love gram her house is so big and it always smells like pine. And gram always makes these special cookies called ginger snaps and they are so good they melt away on you tongue they are great those ginger snaps.

Tuesday

Well today Miss. Noakes announced that we will be having a last day of school buffet party. Everybody has to bring something to eat that they can have a plate of to share. So when I got home I asked mama what we could make and she said that we had some plums left that we could make plum pies. I said what are plum pies. She said that plum pies were really good and that I just needed to trust her so I guess Im brining plum pies on friday! I sure hope mama is right that plum pies are good

Wednesday

Well today at school Miss. Noakes asked everyone what we were bringing. And when she called out my name I told her plum pies and everyone looked at me. Miss. Noakes gave me a look. She said you mean the ones your mama sells at the market. I told her yes. She said well that will be a great treat cause I bet everyone loves Mrs. P’s pies don’t you class? Everyone said yes so I guess that says that I can trust mama. And then later today people kept coming up and telling me to save piece for them so I guess mama and I will need to make alot of pies cause thirteen people said they wanted a piece saved.

Thursday

Well tomorrow is the big party and I got all the pies packed up in the fridge and ready to put in my backpack. Im so jittery mama and I used ALL of the plums so we made thirty plum pies. Yeah I know thats alot. And guess what the thing about us going to grandmas well we are leaving next tuesday. It will be so great and its so weird because my birthday is next tuesday so I get Presents at grandmas house! And grandma always gets the bestest presents and make the bestest cakes you have ever tasted. I cant wait till tuesday!

Friday

Well today was the party. It was so fun. My favorite thing was Rainy’s chocolate chip cookies. But when I walked through the gym door with my pies today everyone came running up to me. I felt pretty special and kinda scared but i just thought these are your friends Lila you don’t have to be scared of them. And then the principal came in and said anyone with a birthday sometime next week had to go to the office and get a special prize. My heart filled with what Mama calls glee as I walked in to the big office cause I saw a water gun oooooooh I love water guns! And that was the special prize. I love water guns as special prizes! But when I got back in the lunch room all of my plum pies were gone except one piece that everyone saved for me. Again I felt special.

Saturday

How could she do such a thing as this? Momma just cancelled the trip to grandmas cause we don’t have enough money. I guess everything in life cant be the way you want it but I wish it could be. Grandma is so upset but she cant come here so I guess we will have to wait to see grandma. Mammas calling me now cause I have to milk Bessie our new cow. Oh I don’t think I like Bessie cause she’s the reason we don’t have much money. I hate that Bessie.

to be continued (the story will appear again sometime if I make it to the next round)

Last edited by Tecytoc2142; 06-15-2008 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #30
My mommy says I'm
Gifted

KittyKrazy293 has a spectacular aura about

I hope it's not too late!!

Writer(pet name)= Bree
Pet type= Raccoon
Pet gender= Female
WW username= KittyKrazy293

EDIT: Oops, sorry, didn't see your post above. I will join next season. Please PM me with a link

EDIT AGAIN: Wait.. is it too late?

Last edited by KittyKrazy293; 06-15-2008 at 12:44 PM..
KittyKrazy293 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
congrats pearlz, go gymnast!!!!, go turtle!, good luck you can do it!, good luck!, gymnastgirl's gonna win!