Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #201
Glambert<3
Webkinz :)

Pearlz13 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WI's Next Top WRITER!! ~Season 1~

I had NO time to work on it tonight! Definitely tomorrow it'll be done, though!
Pearlz13 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #202
SmileeProductions™

Rukia is a jewel in the roughRukia is a jewel in the rough

I can't stand the pressure. I'm sorry but I am quiting. This is putting Alot of pressure on me. Sorry
Rukia is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #203
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

?? Rukia, I suppose that's fine. The pressure is quite demanding at times, but it's only to let other people get their entries in...... I don't recall reading yours for this round.....??
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #204
Gifted

cattails190 has disabled reputation

I'm cutting it close, but, DONE!

The Egg Theif

Spoiler: show
Not long ago, on a dark and not-so-stormy night…
In a dusky little town, on a dirty little street, a small, lithe boy dashes away from an invisible something with something large and brightly colored in his arms. He stops and turns into an alleyway, and puts it on a pile of more colored things… Dragon Eggs.
But where did it come from? Golden Cave. Today, there are dragons sleeping on piles of gold. While most of the dragons are lazing around, a handful of them, recent mothers, were discussing something.
"I can't believe it…"
"What happened?"
"He was just about to hatch…"
"Who's stealing our eggs?"
A vibrant purple dragon, by the name of Kirena, overheard the distressed group, and went over to them, stricken with curiosity. "What did someone say about a missing egg?"
A dark green dragon in a snare of Dragon Grass explained. "Our eggs are being stolen. They're there when we go to sleep one night, then the next morning, they're gone. We don't know what's happening."
After a long explanation, Kirena nodded. "I'll see what I can do," she said thoughtfully, and walked away. The mother dragons with lost eggs just thought she was crazy.
Kirena sauntered over to her sisters, Lustrei, Xaphania, and Ashstone. "Did you guys hear about the eggs getting stolen?"
"Yeah," Ashstone replied, pricking at a twig stuck in between two of her back claws. "What about 'em?"
Xaphania sighed. "Less eggs means less dragons. Less dragons means extinction."
"Anyways," Kirena cut in, breaking up an upcoming fight, "One of the mothers told me…" and she repeated what the green dragon had said.
"So," Lustrei murmured when she finished. "So."
"So, why shouldn't we go find out what's happening?"
Xaphania shrugged. "Beats waiting for the eggs to come to us."
Kirena smiled. "That's kind of what we're going to do, Xaph."
"And… you lost me."
Kirena replied with a displeased look on her face. "Look, anyone could have stolen the eggs, and they're being stolen every night."
"I see where this is going," Lustrei said, smiling.
"I don't," Ashstone shot back, annoyed.
"We're gonna wait until tonight and catch that thief."

Later, that night, all the dragons slept… or so it seemed. Kirena and her sisters were still up, with eyes half shut. Right around midnight, something shifted in the shadows. The four dragons opened their eyes wide as a figure in the darkness took a round blob, an egg.
As it left, Kirena dashed out and grabbed him by the back of the shirt. She laughed as she flew high in the air. "Why, the thief is nothing more than a human boy! Now, what's your name?" She asked, voice losing all humor.
"Will," he said stubbornly.
"Well, Will," she spat sharply, "Why are you stealing our eggs?"
"Why should I tell you?"
"Tell the truth, or I swear, I'll drop you."
"Fine," Will sighed, defeated. "I have no money. Nor does my family. I take the eggs and sell them for profit."
Lustrei flew up next to Will and Kirena. "So…"
"Yes, Lustrei?"
"Valuable dragon eggs for petty money. If you ask me, it's sad."
"I thought you were supposed to be the peaceful one…"
"Well, I have a reason to be upset…"
"Excuse me," Will cut in, "But…"
"Oh, yeah, him," Lustrei sighed, rolling her eyes. "So this Will kid is selling our eggs."
"Yes," Kirena replied.
"So, what're we gonna do?"
Kirena glided to the ground, still holding the skinny boy by the back of his shirt. "What can we do?"
"Burn him on the spot," Lustrei muttered.
"I heard that," Will said tonelessly.
Kirena thought. "I suppose we could get one of the Black Dragons to stand guard if we let him go."
"And if you don't?" Will asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I admit, I don't know," Kirena replied.
"He could stay," Xaphania suggested, slinking over with her thin, lizard-like body. "Learn the ways of the dragon."
"No, there's an idea," Will murmured.
Kirena looked confused. "You would rather spend next to forever in Golden Cave than go away and forget that this ever happened?"
"No! No, no… no. It just sounded interesting."
"Oh. Anyways, I guess you can go."
"Okay…" and, with that, Will left.
You'd suppose he'd stay away. But, no.
About three years later, Will came back. Today, a tiny ball of greenish scales was in his hands.
"He's back!" Kirena exclaimed.
"Yes, I'm back. But I brought something."
The tiny thing in his hands twitched, and poked out a head. It clasped its front claws on his fingers and look straight up at the big, purple dragon.
"You brought a little hatchling?"
"Yes. Those eggs I stole, I kept one. It hatched, and I couldn't keep it myself… I decided to return it."
Xaphania crawled up to him. "It's so cute!" She squealed. And with that, Will put his cupped hands down to the ground and the hatchling stumbled out. It immediately scampered around and started putting pebbles in a pile at Will's feet. A stone with claw marks ended up on his shoe. When he put it on the hatchling's pile, it squeaked loudly and put it back on his shoe. This happened many times over.
"I think it wants you to keep it," Kirena remarked.
Will put the little claw-scratched stone in his palm and closed his hand. "Well, I probably won't see any of you again. Bye."
"Bye," Kirena replied simply.

Yet again, he came back, but once he grew up.
Lustrei squinted. "Will?"
"Yep. I was thinking about that offer… about 15 years ago? Learn the life of the dragon? I think I'll do it."
And that's how it began.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #205
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Ok everyone, it's time that we have a nice little chat. The deadline was up 9 minutes ago. And 2 of my great contestants haven't posted. Now, I'm going to let it slide, and pretend yall turned it in, and it was good enough to stay, but next time, you get the axe. Got it?

---------- TexasGirl8 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

Wait..... I think 3, actually. Let me go see.

---------- TexasGirl8 added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

Anyone who didn't post gets a pass this time. Okay? Just try not to let it happen again. Thanks!

~TexasGirl~

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 06-28-2008 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #206
dancingmoon9

violet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond repute

When will you post the scores? I am very excited!!
violet77 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #207
Gift Guru

Phew! Round 3 is offically OVER!

Note from the judges:
When we judge from now on, we will speak as 1 to save space and time.

First up, Gymnast Girl

Judges: We were disapointed with this entry. It didn't have that many fairy tale elements, nor did it give us a fairy tale vibe. It was short and messy as well.
*Judges Final score for Gymnast girl: 6*

Violet:
Judges: We felt the end was confusing. There were some spelling, mechanics, etc. errors. It felt like a hollow shell, it needed more content. It was a tad corny.
*Judges final score for violet: 7.5*

Cattails190:
Judges: We were quite pleased with this entry. It could have been more descriptive, but.... we give it a 10!
*Judges Final Score for cattails: 10!!*

Pearlz:
Judges: We loved this entry!

---------- TexasGirl8 added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

OOPS! Pressed send to fast. Hold on...

---------- TexasGirl8 added 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

(Pearlz)

It captured just the right vibe; the mythical enjoyment, yet a sense of danger..... and it was very well descripted.
*Judges final score for Pearlz: 10!!*

As we all know, each round someone will leave. Tonight that person is....

Gymnast girl. We are all going to miss you!

ROUND 4!!!

This Round is to write a story under the genre of MYSTERY!! Mystery is my favorite genre, so wow me! You have until next Sunday at 3 PM to turn it in. I'll have some tips for ya soon. Good luck!

Love,

~TexasGirl8 & the judges~

---------- TexasGirl8 added 7 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

TIP TIME!!

Mysteries are a hard genre to capture. It has to have the following elements:

~A little ( or a lot) of danger!
~Confusion, wondering
~ Normally has some scary-ness to it.

Also, a mystery always has:
~Suspects
~Crime
~Criminal
~Clues
~Red herrings (false clues)
~Dectective(s)
~Other characters
~Lots of description

^^^That's what's in the box. Your ending should wrap it up with a bow and pretty paper.

Good luck!!

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 06-28-2008 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #208
Glambert<3

you changed the deadline to tomorrow....

wait...thank god! I posted half of my story...im writin as we speak. Oh well, I got a 10!

---------- Pearlz13 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
geros, I will just extend it to sunday. I know how hectic summers can be. Of course, I normally have too much time on my hands, when everyone else is busy.
see? anyoway, ill start writin a mystery! (MY FAV GENRE!)

wait...if i am writin on this computer...and i go back to my mom's tomorrow...I'll just email it...to ME! Then copy it, then work on it late at night. ((i talk to myself...sorry...in a typy mood...)

Last edited by Pearlz13; 06-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #209
Gift Guru

Yeah, I couldn't wait any longer so I let it slide. So...... has anyone started yet?

---------- TexasGirl8 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

Mine too! But they are funner to read...... I try to solve the mystery before Nancy Drew does...LOL. I don't read those anymore. I could read one of them in like an hour. LOL Do you read mysteries?

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 06-28-2008 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #210
Glambert<3

yeah..all the time! I read Nancy Drew, even though it is way under my reading level(LOL) and I read bigger mystery books, but they are kinda like mystery fantasy books, not in a series. I always try to figue out the mystery before Nancy does, and sometime she can be soooo stupid! Its obvious sometimes!

OOH! I JUST GOT AN IDEA! must...type...before brain stops!

whats a cool name for a sidewalk cafe?

Last edited by Pearlz13; 06-28-2008 at 10:03 AM..
Closed

Tags
congrats pearlz, go gymnast!!!!, go turtle!, good luck you can do it!, good luck!, gymnastgirl's gonna win!