Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #191
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Re: WI's Next Top WRITER!! ~Season 1~

Thank you cattails!! Endings are VERY important on fairy tales. I'm glad you are taking your time to think about it!!
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #192
dancingmoon9
Webkinz :)

violet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought one of the rules was not to copy other stories.
violet77 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #193
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by violet77
I thought one of the rules was not to copy other stories.
I'm sorry violet, I don't understand what you are asking.......
Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #194
Glambert<3

Pearlz13 will become famous soon enough

Im in the middle....I think I can finish by tomorrow night. Yawn. It is 12:23 AM where I live. Heres a part where suspense starts...so there. Suspense is good. I like suspense...

Sprites at War

I was walking home from school one day. My backpack th umping my back as I walked. I was just a normal girl, or so I liked to think. My name is Trixie. Trixie Fawn. That’s a pretty unusual name for a middle school girl. In order to be popular, or even normal in my school, your name had to be Courtney, or Britney, or Stephanie, or some other ridiculously fancy name. So, therefore, I am a geek. It’s all because of a stupid name. I sighed. Another reason why I was so unusual is the vortex birthmark on my left arm. It’s definitely noticeable. So noticeable, in fact, that I am made fun of because of it. My mom thinks it’s cool. My foster mom, that is. She says my mom left me in the hospital, after I was born. When the doctors came back in the room, to give my mother my birth certificate, I was laying on the empty bed, sleeping. I can almost smell my mom’s honeysuckle perfume, just thinking about it. The bad thing is how vividly I can remember it. My mom cuddled me in her arms, a huge smile on her face. The doctor left the room, and she frowned. She basically threw me down, took my father’s hand, and marched out. I started to cry, but stopped. I rumpled about in the white sheets, and then the doctor came in. From there, it’s nothing but a blur.
I entered my house and marched up to my room. I came to realization that I had nothing to do today. It wasn’t like I had any friends. I flopped down on my bed. It was Friday, and I am the one person in the world that hates Fridays. The weekends are a bore, and I use school to distract my mind. Even though I was fourteen, I still think about what really happened when I was a baby. I hated thinking about it, but I couldn’t stop. I lived off of school.
I sat up as a rock hit my window. This usually only happens in a fantasy movie, where a girl falls in love with a guy, and a guy knocks on her window. She’ll look, and it’ll be him, and they’ll live happily ever after. Yuck.
I walked over to the window. A weird dust floated in the air. It sparkled, and frightened me. I opened my window and blew it away. A couple minutes later, it returned.
I was extremely shocked when I looked out my window again. A little green fairy floated in the air, wings sparkling. I blinked twice. The window hesitated to open when I pushed it. The fairy flew in my room.
“I never said you could just…fly in my room!” I yelled. My tone came out sharper than necessary, but I was glad. It deserved it for just barging in here.
“Sorry,” it whispered so quietly, “but there is an emergency.” I narrowed my eyebrows, looking puzzled.
“Oh yeah, where!?” I was getting angrier, for some odd reason.
“In…” it hesitated, as if it wasn’t sure it should tell me anything. “Are you Trixie Fawn?” she asked all of the sudden. I nodded slowly. Where was this going? The fairy smiled and answered my question.
“In the Realm of Sprites,” she paused, and then continued, “Your mother needs you. The Realm is at war, and your mother is left alone, your father is…dead. He died fighting in the war. So now, we need you. Let me see your left arm.” I gasped.
“No!” I hopped back. It sighed.
“Just tell me then – do you have a vortex birthmark?” She looked into my eyes and I couldn’t lie. I nodded.
She smiled, and then spoke, “I am Cornelia, the Earth Sprite. You are Trixie, the Whirlpool Sprite. Your job is to enter the Realm of Sprites, go to your mother, and explain everything. Then meet me at the graveyard at midnight for further instructions. I shot a quick glance at the clock. My eyebrows rose. It was already 9:00!
“Time flies, let’s go. But first, you must become a sprite. Humans will be hunted in the Realm of Sprites.” She had a straight face on. She took my left arm, and took out a brown bag. It was old and tattered. It smelled. My nose wrinkled. Cornelia looked up at me and flashed her bright white teeth. I noticed for the first time, she didn’t have the pointy ears, or the meat cleaver nose, she was very attractive. Other than her extremely small size, and the wings, she could pass as normal.
Cornelia dipped her hand into the bag and sprinkled some powder on my arm. It burned, and I winced. I closed my eyes. She whispered some unintelligible words, and then my body tingled all over. I couldn’t feel my feet. I wobbled all around, then fell to the floor with a thud.
As I opened my eyes, I felt different. Something was on my back and it was uncomfortable. I shook. It wouldn’t come off. It was then that I noticed I had wings, and I was small. I was a Sprite.
“Aaaahhhh!” I screamed. Cornelia’s eyebrows rose, and she put a bony hand over my mouth. She quickly flew out of the window, leaving a single note on my dresser.

Visiting my mom. Be back soon.

Cornelia was flying fast, and the lights of the city were passing us quickly. I had to close my eyes to keep from being dizzy. So, my mom still remembered me, and she was obviously a Sprite. My mind flashed back to my memories at the hospital. My mom looking at me, having that look of regret on her face. Then I remembered. She took my left hand, and shook it, like all grown – ups do when they’re babysitting a toddler. A huge smile was on her face. Then, after she glanced at my hand, she left. Could it have been my birthmark? Was this life actually meant to happen?
My thoughts were interrupted as a voice squeaked, “Close your eyes!” I saw a blinding light and quickly obeyed. Then, something stung my body. It felt electrical, and crawled through my body down my spine and out my feet. I trembled. I didn’t like going wherever we were headed to.
After that, everything stopped so quickly! Cornelia stopped, her wings very slowly flapping. She mumbled something under her breath. I opened my big brown eyes, and saw a speed limit sign! I almost laughed out loud! Like fairies are going to crash into each other! Ha! Apparently Cornelia thought it was stupid too. She was struggling to go slow. I glanced up and looked around me. To the right was the speed limit sign, and the grass here was like grass in a cartoon. It was a bright green, and looked almost fake. Flowers grew out of the grass in bold colors of pink, yellow, and orange. Weeds grew around the flowers, which had sprouted in random places all over the field. A treehouse sat in front of us. It read: WelcomeCenter. Cornelia entered, I looked around. At our left was apparently a neighborhood. Trees of all kinds stood in neat rows, each with doors hinged on them, and windows cut out. Oaks, maples, birch, every kind of tree was occupied! Across from the little neighborhood was a city. Larger trees, possibly redwoods, stood every where, and a little dirt path was in between each row of buildings. I guessed it was for older Sprites with tired wings, to walk on. Overall, the realm was very nice and quaint. Except for the fact that there seemed to be a war going on, of course.
“Trixie! Trixie!” Cornelia whispered in a quiet, but harsh tone. She was exiting the WelcomeCenter, and was walking towards me. My eyes snapped to her.
“Yes?” my voice trembled, louder than needed. She put a finger to her mouth.
“We must go visit your mom secretly. The Realm of Pixies is searching for her. Your father isn’t dead! He is being held captive, and they won’t return him unless your mom pays a large amount of coins. She is being used for her wealth. Remember – midnight. You meet me at the graveyard, got it?” I slowly nodded. She took me to my mother’s house. Every so often, we would have to duck behind a tree for caution, as a Pixie would slowly drift by, unaware of his surroundings.
Finally we reached my mother’s home. It was inside of a large oak tree. The door was painted a bright red. We crept inside. No one was there. The air smelled like honeysuckle. The smell at the hospital was too similar! My eyes watered. I closed my eyes, and it stopped the tears from crawling down my face.
“Where is my mother?” I whispered. Cornelia glowered at me.
“I just said your mother is being hunted down by pixies. Do you really think she would be stupid enough to stay at her own home?” She said in a very harsh voice. I was appalled and utterly offended by her comment, and the tone she used it in. I sat down on a purple chair. It was big and comfortable. I smiled, but it was not meaningful.
“Get OFF!” Cornelia yelled, “The pixies will know you’ve been here! They could smell you on that!” She looked at me like I was really stupid.
“How am I supposed to know any of this? I’ve only been in this stupid realm for 10 minutes!” I rolled my eyes for effect. Cornelia gave me a stare that frightened me. My belly grumbled, and it came out my mouth. She looked even more appalled, and marched up the wooden stairs to the door’s right. I did the same.
She threw me the honeysuckle perfume bottle that was lying on a cherry wood dresser and said, “Spray that everywhere downstairs, now, and before we leave. Spray it on yourself too…now. Don’t do anything stupid. Please, for your mom’s sake. I’ll look for clues to where your mom is hidden.” Cranky old sprite! I thought. I sprayed it all over me, all over my mother’s bedroom, down the stairs and in the main room and kitchen.
As I was spraying the kitchen below, I noticed something on the refrigerator. One magnet, with a picture of me on it stuck to the refrigerator like a wet shirt. I snatched it. The front of it said Trixie, I paused, why a comma? I turned the magnet around. A-ha! A note:

I am gone to a place no one will ever find!

Go to the place where you can free your mind!

If you open THE book,

And take nice look

On page 248

Go to the place

That’s highlighted in gray

Then type in the code

Ha4-566-tr75

And enter my secret humble abode

Yes! I thought! I ran up to show Cornelia the magnet. She raised her eyebrows higher than humanly possible.
“Go,” she ordered. I took the magnet and obeyed. I knew the place to go was the library. That’s where I always go to free my mind so I can concentrate on homework, and where else would you get a book? I crept to the town across the street from the neighborhood. Inside a huge redwood, I found a large library with stained glass windows. As I started looking through the books. I realized this would take forever. What was THE book? I walked up to the clerk to the left of me. She had a large wrap-around, circular, cherry desk. Her glasses hung on an assortment of beads lying on her chest. I felt so stupid, and my cheeks turned a violent red.
“Where is THE book?” I asked, trying to sound like I knew what I was talking about. Surprisingly, the lady answered.
“That aisle right there.” She pointed to an aisle marked 5. I noticed it was the fifth row from her side. I walked over, but she cut in front of me. Her long bony arm picked up an old leather book. She handed it to me. I quickly glanced at her nametag. Syesha. Pretty normal. I took the cold, hard book to a small table on the other side of the library. Noticing it was already 11:00, I flipped through the pages quickly. They were yellowed, and some ripped. I stopped on page 244, and slowly turned the frail pages till I saw a gray mark. The New SpriteChurch. I closed the book and ran out. My footsteps echoed throughout the large room. Little did I know, someone was following me.
I entered the Church, not knowing where to enter the secret code. When I looked to my right, I noticed a small hatch next to me. I closed the door, entered the long code, and closed the hatch silently behind me, leaving someone stranded in the night…

• • • •

It was midnight. My mother and I ran through the cold air and wet grass. We ran to the graveyard, and for a 38 year old, she was pretty darn fast! I had told my mother about everything. My whole life and how I remembered her so vividly.
“That’s a sign of a sprite - good memory,” she had said. My Mother’s name was Fawn. Pretty, but unusual. We chatted about names, her life when she was little, and that day at the hospital. She laughed and said she regrets not waiting for the birth certificate. My mom was amazing. She was just like a teenager.
Pretty soon, we entered the graveyard, and Cornelia was waiting for us.
She motioned for us to wait there. Then she looked around walked a few feet in each direction, and whispered, “I smell a pixie. Zap yourselves to the park.” I looked puzzled and my mom sniffed the air. She frowned, and snapped her fingers.
Instead of the graveyard, we were under a slide. Pretty soon, Cornelia appeared. Her face was pale, my mom looked worried. My heart t******, I panicked. What was going on?
“He has your husband, Fawn. He is following us. He followed your daughter! We must hide. Quick!” My mother shot a quick dirty look at me, and I didn’t miss it. I slapped her.
“Stop,” she said to me, then turned back to our sprite friend. “Where should we go? We haven’t got much time, Cornelia. The Pixies are scheduled to hit Blooming Field tomorrow!” I started to panic. Was Blooming Field the field by the welcome center!? Based on the information I knew, I tried to think up a plan.
“Let’s face them,” I decided. They both glowered at me for what seemed like a long time. Really, it lasted a second.
My mom broke the awkward silence. She pursed her lips and whispered, “It’s our only option…”

*YAAWWNNN* Good night!

Last edited by Pearlz13; 06-26-2008 at 11:27 PM..
Pearlz13 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 AM   #195

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

I may not be able to get it in, because yesterday was late night at my camp, and tonight I am having a sleepover and staying at my friend's house all of tomorrow. Could you maybe extend it to Sunday?

---------- geros9 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

I think violet meant it about me. I was just inspired. It is not the same at all!

Last edited by geros9; 06-27-2008 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
geros9 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #196
Gift Guru

geros, I will just extend it to sunday. I know how hectic summers can be. Of course, I normally have too much time on my hands, when everyone else is busy.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #197
Glambert<3

Pearlz13 will become famous soon enough

cool! thanks! I might finish mine by tonight!
Pearlz13 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #198
Gift Guru

Geros, don't worry about the whole 'copying' thing. You were only inspired.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #199
dancingmoon9

violet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's fine I knew what you meant. You meant I gave you an idea. No prob!
violet77 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #200
turtle606

Hi.
I just can't seem to find the right idea that I like. I barely ever get dreams so that wouldn't work. This stinks. I had many other ideas that I was hoping to use. I will let you know. Who knows. Even if I don't drop out, can you save me a spot in, and contact me when you start, Season 2?
Closed

Tags
congrats pearlz, go gymnast!!!!, go turtle!, good luck you can do it!, good luck!, gymnastgirl's gonna win!