Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #91
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Re: WI's Next Top WRITER!! ~Season 1~

One of the things that frustrates me most is that when I write, I quietly speak to myself, telling me what to type/write. Or I think it in my head. And my thinking/ speaking is faster than my typing/ writing, and then, sometimes I get confused.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #92
Gifted

cattails190 has disabled reputation

I... I think I'm done. Again, click the Spoiler... and if ya ask me, I think it might be a bit cheesy.

Feathers and Ashes
Spoiler: show
I lay in bed…
I close my eyes…
But I can't sleep. Ever. In all truth, I think it's some kind of magic. I never sleep, but I'm never tired. Even insomniacs get tired and sleep sometimes…

One morning, my mom, dad, little brother and I were sitting in the living room, eating breakfast, watching TV. Without any warning, the front door flew open. I stretched over to see who was at the door. It was some weird guy with fancy clothes and a sword. Behind him, there was a kid, tiny and frail compared to the man, with big, thick-rimmed glasses and light brown hair. The man barged in, no questions asked. The boy followed slowly.
Then the guy with the sword immediately threatened me with it. Slowly and shyly, I slipped the thin sword out of his hands and held it. He took it back, pointing the handle at me. Silently, I slipped off the couch and shut myself in my room. This happened many times over the next few days.
Five minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Peeping through the keyhole, it was the kid. I unlocked the door and let him in. "What do ya want?" I sighed, flopping down on my bed.
"Nothing," he replied, pulling up my desk chair. "Someone to chat with."
"Whatev," I muttered, opening a book and putting it over my face.
"Sleep good last night?" He asked, taking my action as being sleepy.
"No," I reply. Never, I add silently.
"You don't look tired," he remarked. "Anything wrong?"
I put the book back on the ledge above my bed and shook my head. Then that heavy book clonked me right on the head.
"Okay, yes. And what's your name, anyways?"
"It's Stephen."
I sat up. "Okay, hi. I'm Kari. And the thing is, I can't sleep," I opened my eyes real wide and pointed directly at my blue-grey eyes. "At all. Ever. I have not slept a wink since I was born!"
"Woah, no need to get all yelly!"
I took a deep breath and sighed. "I guess not. But it's hard having to lay awake all night, every night. It's like a curse."
Stephen looked thoughtful. "You know, that big guy with the fancy clothes is my uncle. Maybe that's why he keeps saying he's after some girl…"
I looked alarmed. "After me?"
"Yup. I know a whole band of kids with weird and un-useful powers, like your, well, I can't exactly call it insomnia…"
"I get the point. Where's this going?"
"Well, those other kids, my uncle's after them, too, for, well, bad reasons. Why you're the first, I don't have it all straightened out, but I have a theory."
"Do tell," I say excitedly, immediately intrigued.
"Don't get too excited! I may be totally off, but… maybe you're all supposed to join together. I think you're going to be the leader."
I gasped, but Stephen just continued.
"My uncle's gonna leave in a few days. Next month, the fifth, midnight. The park on Fifth and Main. Remember," he urged. "Remember that. That's the time we're all going away."

The next few days went very similar to the first. Maybe things would get back to normal when Stephen and his uncle left.
Of course not. Why would it be normal? In mere days, I might be leading a group of abnormal kids just like me.
Those mere days came and went. It was the fourth, 11:30 PM. Parents and brother asleep, I filled a little bag with supplies from the kitchen and slipped out the side door.
It was a good quarter-mile walk to the park. But I made it. Besides Stephen, there were about five other kids, a bunch of guys and a beat-up looking girl. Stephen was sitting on a bench, carrying a small tin cage with something glowing inside. Upon closer inspection, it was only feathers and ashes.
"What's that?" I asked him flatly.
"You'll find out in a week or two."
"That's what he's been telling us all," one of the boys complained. He had brilliant green eyes and a mop of straight blond hair. "So, you must be Kari. Travis is the name." He shook my hand hard.
Stephen gave a curt nod. "And that’s Robert, Joe, Matt, and Amy." He pointed to each of them as he gave their name.
The girl, Amy, got up. "So, where are we going, anyways?"
"To Toran," Stephan replied simply.
"Where?" We all asked, confused, in unison.
"Toran. It's a realm outside of our world. Now, I've told you all that my uncle is after you all, no?"
"Correct," Robert replied.
"Well, he can't get any of us in Toran. These that I brought, the feathers and the ashes, they can show where the portal to that realm is if you let them."
"I don't get it," I told Stephan. He smacked his head.
"Look, I've found out where the portal is, but this thing," he lifted the tin cage a little, "Has the only way to open it. If we don't get moving, we won't be out of here by morning. We've got to go. Now."
He began walking east and east we went, far out of town. It was painstakingly hard and cruel. We all had to force our legs to walk long after we tired. It was way past dawn when we rested on a green hill.
"How much longer?" Joe groaned.
"Pretty easy for the next mile or so," Stephen replied. "After that, it gets tricky."

After that so-called 'easy' mile, we reached an abyss. It looked like a canyon that you'd never see coming. But at the bottom, there wasn't a river. No land, either. Just pure darkness and emptiness.
"This isn't usually here…" I said, nervously.
"Well, due to the fact that magical substance is distorting lately, it should be here. And we have to cross it," Stephen replied matter-of-factly.
"WHAT?!?!?!" We all screamed.
"You've got to be kidding me," I moaned.
"No, I'm not. And if we don't cross soon, we won't be able to tell abyss from land. It's impossible to see in the dark."
"Let's get this over with," Amy grumbled.
Stephen lowered himself onto the rocky ledge lining the dark void and helped the rest of us down. Amy, unwilling to go down on the thin rocky outcrop, went last.
As we walked on, rocks fell into the empty abyss, never to be seen again. The gaunt echoes of their fall sent a chill down my spine, making me feel cold, scared and alone. I wanted to go back. But how could we?
And then Amy started to complain. "I'm scared, I wanna go home, I think I'm gonna fall…"
"Shut up, just shut up," Matt muttered, shifting down the ledge.
Then, a rock gave way. A gaunt echo of the fall sounded, and Amy fell.
The air hung heavy with helpless screams. But it slipped back into eerie silence as she became enveloped in that threatening darkness.
"She's gone," I choked. "Gone."
I sobbed. I could have never thought this would happen. She's gone. Forever. Why couldn't it have been me?
After many spilled tears and a constant shuffle across threateningly narrow rocks, we actually made it across. Except for Amy.
"She had to fall," I murmured, softly, voice cracking. "Why?"
"We can't think about it forever," Stephen said, oblivious to the guilt and pain I was feeling. "But we can't forget her, either."
I shook my head sadly. "C'mon," I muttered, "Let's go."

None of the trip was quite as painful as stalking past that abyss. It just couldn't be. Eventually we reached a clearing in a dusky forest. The feathers and the ashes stirred in the tiny cage. "We're here," Stephen whispered. "The portal."
The ash and feathers kept spinning in a circle in the cage until they were nothing but a small scarlet-and-grey tornado. And then it stopped. A gorgeous bird with fiery plumage took the place of the old contents. Stephen opened the cage. "It's a phoenix," he explained. "Its wings are the only thing that can cut open the portal." The phoenix swooped through the air, circling around a few times. At one point, the tip of its wing vanished, as if hidden between the fabrics of space. As it continued to fly, a rip appeared in midair. On one side, our world. On the other, a green meadow with snow-capped mountains in the distance.
"This is it," Stephen remarked. "The realm of Toran." One by one, we stepped inside.

In all honesty, I can't believe I finished.

Last edited by cattails190; 06-19-2008 at 07:11 PM..
Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #93
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

I read it. So who are we waiting on?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #94
Gifted

cattails190 has disabled reputation

Everyone but me, GymnastGirl and turtle, I think. I'll have to check the list to see exactly who.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #95
SmileeProductions™
Webkinz :)

Rukia is a jewel in the roughRukia is a jewel in the rough

Your waiting on me! I will do it maybe tomorrow! I'm sorry. I have a new "list of things to do" so it might take a while!
Rukia is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #96
Gift Guru

That's okay, rukia, you have till saturday @ 10 am KT
Old 06-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #97
Webkinz :)

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

I still need to finish. I have a good idea, but putting it is words is another story. The main character is tough (you will see why when you read it, she sort of needs to be) but it is an emotional story
geros9 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #98
jet3461

Greaat Contest! :koala:
Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #99
Gift Guru

Thanks jet! I had another one of my "big ideas" But volleyuup isn't here for me to PM her about it.

---------- TexasGirl8 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Sorry, that was off topic.

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 06-19-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #100
Tecytoc2142

The wishing star
Spoiler: show
Mandy looked up at the open sky and smiled. The clouds were her and her mothers favorite colors. Purple and light green. She wished her mom was still here. She remembered the day her mothers lung cancer had overcome her. I remember everything.

I sobbed. I could have never thought that this could happen. Shes gones gone forever. She was gone in a puff almost as if she had been there and gone. But her last request was that every night I looked up at the stars like she and I used to always do. Thats how I ended up here tonight. Looking up at the stars like I always used to do.

But I just wish I could see her just one more time. Well I can I guess I mean SHe is in our backyard with our other family but......... I can never again here her voice see her face. I just wish I could see her.

A shooting star shot by as Mandy wished that wish. Suddenly she zoomed back to when she was five and her mom was next to her in the night. She snuggled up to her mom as she said goodnight she wished it could last forever as she gently fell asleep on her mothers lap.

The next morning Mandy woke up in her own bed and was kind of satisfied she had seen her mom and done what she wanted to do. She was finally happy.

Im sorry its kinda short and not you know that jazzed up but im so busy this week and weekend. I might have to drop out.
Closed

Tags
congrats pearlz, go gymnast!!!!, go turtle!, good luck you can do it!, good luck!, gymnastgirl's gonna win!