Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #71
ILuvLilRascals

Default Re: Short Story Writing contest! No More Spots Left!

View Post Originally Posted by 1smiley
Thanks. I decided poor Lily needed to get even with that big, bad gorilla.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL :2fu nny:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #72
Ilovetoswim

Great work, Smiley. Help, help. I have writer's block.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #73
ILuvLilRascals

Tale of a Webkinz Pet's Christmas

He didn't look anything like I had expected. He was dressed all in red and fur, but he was completely covered with soot. I barely caught a glimpse of him before he vanished up my Chimney.

I am Lakota, a Webkinz eagle. I had been hired by the Kinz Post Mail Service to help deliver Christmas packages this year. It seemed their only driver, Sam Monkey, had been unable to fit into his Kinz Post Van. Christmas cards and packages had started arriving into town much earlier than expected. The Van could barely hold all the letters, much less the packages and Sam Monkey, too.

On my first day on the job, a grey and white lil kinz kitten was delivered to the Kinz Post Office, with instructions to ship her to the Adoption Center. She was my first asignment. I neatly folded a diaper, tucked her safely into it, and delivered her to Ms. Birdy. We got to be friends on the flight over there, so I felt a little sad when I had to say good-bye to her. As I flew back to the Post Office I made a wish that she would be adopted out to the best home in Webkinz World.

My next job was to deliver a box of gauze to Dr. Quack's Clinic. That job also went smoothly, although Dr. Quack insisted I get a quick physical while I was there. The rest of the day was spent delivering rare items to the Curio shop, a new microphone and podium to the Arena, and a new treadmill to the Clubhouse Exercise Room.

On my second day on the job, a grey wolf arrived at the Post Office, with instructions to deliver him to the e-store. Since he was too big to put into a diaper, I had him sit on my back and told him to hang on. He, too, got there safely, although he did take a nibble out of my back while in flight. Needless to say, we did not become good friends.

Throughout the next few weeks, more packages were delivered across Webkinz World. Finally, it was Christmas Eve. I had been working so hard that when I went to bed that night, I realized I had never visited Santa to tell him what I wanted for Christmas. I somehow knew, though, that Santa would not forget me. I fell asleep to "White Christmas" playing on the radio.

I woke up Christmas morning feeling a little sad. I was by myself, without friends in the house to share the holiday with. I flew downstairs, nonetheless. I first caught a glipmse of Santa, but then my eyes quickly went over to my tree. As I ran my eyes down to the stump of the tree, a tear ran down my eye. Sitting on a little diaper was the Lil Kinz grey and white kitten I had taken to the Adoption Center on my first day on the job. There was a note attached to her little collar. It was from Santa, and it read, "She wanted a friend and asked that I take her to the best home in Webkinz World". "Hey, that's me and my home," I yelled out. This was going to be the best Christmas of my life. Tomorrow, we will go to the W-shop and decorate my friend's new room.

Last edited by ILuvLilRascals; 11-13-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #74
Ilovetoswim

The Full Circle of Love

He didn't look anything like she had expected. No, the man sitting under the bridge was very tall and very thin, with black curly hair. His clothes were soiled with the dirt of the streets. He was unshaven and looked very tired and very sad. His shelter was a cardboard box, and his bed was wadded up newspaper. He carried with him a bottle of cheap wine in a brown paper bag. He was not what she had envisioned - a well built muscular man with blond hair, who drove a Mercedes and lived in an upper class neighborhood.

"My name is Heather," she said as she approached him. The man did not respond. "I've been looking for you since I was 18 years old," Heather said to him. The man took a cigarette out of his pocket and began to light it, not paying much attention to Heather. "I said I've been looking for you since I was 18 years old," Heather repeated. "You were married to a woman by the name of Elizabeth." "You lost her in a Motor Vehicle Accident," Heather continued. The man continued to puff away on his cigarette, looking straight ahead and not making eye contact with Heather as she spoke. "You were left with a baby," Heather said. Again, the man did not respond. "You were filled with grief, unable to cope, and you gave the baby girl up for adoption," Heather said to him. The man continued to stare straight ahead not seeming to be effected by the words he was hearing. "The baby was given to a very good home," Heather said. "Her parents sent her to the best of schools." "She is now headed to medical school on the East Coast". Again, the man stared ahead without showing any sign of emotion. "I just came to thank you," Heather said as she turned around and walked away. Tears were running down her face. "What happened to him?" Heather asked herself.

Seven years later, Heather returned to the city she had grown up in. She returned with a new title. She was now Dr. Heather Roth, an Emergency Room Physician. She was tending to a broken leg when the EMT's wheeled a man into the Emergency Department, yelling "We have a Code Blue here!" Heather quickly left her cubicle to tend to the man on the stretcher. "Grab the crash cart," she yelled. As the man's clothes were cut away from his body, Heather prepared the paddles to shock his heart. "Stand back," she yelled out. The man jumped when the shock went through him, but his heart did not respond. Once again, she yelled out "stand back!" This time she was successful, as she saw his heart wave appear on the monitor. "Stabilize him and get him to CCU STAT," she said. The man was quickly wheeled away.

The following day, Heather went to the Critical Care Unit to check on the man, whose life she had saved. The nurses handed her lab reports, showing he was in end stage liver disease. "He won't make it through the night," the nurse said. Heather glanced around the room. As she picked up his chart, she noticed his was identified as "John Doe". "Did he not have any ID?" Heather asked. "A wallet, but no identification", the nurse replied. Heather went to the closet where his possessions were bagged. Aside from his shoes, she saw a black wallet, worn thin from years of wear. As Heather opened the wallet, a faded picture of a baby fell out. She took it out, staring in disbelief. She looked into another pocket in the wallet and saw a picture of her biological mother. Her adopted parents had given her one similar to the one in the wallet when she was first told of her adoption. "I want this man's name on his chart," Heather instructed. "His name is Hank Wright". That night, Heather held the man in her arms as he quietly slipped away. "Thank you, for giving me life", she whispered to him. "Thank you for loving me so much that you were able to let me go". She saw a tear run down his face. He knew who she was. As he took his last breath, she watched as he reached into the air with a smile on his face. She knew her mother had come to take him home.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #75
hat's wrong with
Webkinz :)

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Awww Swim, That was wonderful! It made me tear up!
SomeoneSpecial is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #76
Ilovetoswim

View Post Originally Posted by SomeoneSpecial
Awww Swim, That was wonderful! It made me tear up!
Thank you so much. I just started writing, not knowing where I was going with it. I'm looking forward to your story, SomeoneSpecial!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #77
hat's wrong with
Webkinz :)

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Aww thanks! I have no idea right now on what it will be about.
SomeoneSpecial is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 08:12 AM   #78
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by ILuvLilRascals
Tale of a Webkinz Pet's Christmas

He didn't look anything like I had expected. He was dressed all in red and fur, but he was completely covered with soot. I barely caught a glimpse of him before he vanished up my Chimney.

I am Lakota, a Webkinz eagle. I had been hired by the Kinz Post Mail Service to help deliver Christmas packages this year. It seemed their only driver, Sam Monkey, had been unable to fit into his Kinz Post Van. Christmas cards and packages had started arriving into town much earlier than expected. The Van could barely hold all the letters, much less the packages and Sam Monkey, too.

On my first day on the job, a grey and white lil kinz kitten was delivered to the Kinz Post Office, with instructions to ship her to the Adoption Center. She was my first asignment. I neatly folded a diaper, tucked her safely into it, and delivered her to Ms. Birdy. We got to be friends on the flight over there, so I felt a little sad when I had to say good-bye to her. As I flew back to the Post Office I made a wish that she would be adopted out to the best home in Webkinz World.

My next job was to deliver a box of gauze to Dr. Quack's Clinic. That job also went smoothly, although Dr. Quack insisted I get a quick physical while I was there. The rest of the day was spent delivering rare items to the Curio shop, a new microphone and podium to the Arena, and a new treadmill to the Clubhouse Exercise Room.

On my second day on the job, a grey wolf arrived at the Post Office, with instructions to deliver him to the e-store. Since he was too big to put into a diaper, I had him sit on my back and told him to hang on. He, too, got there safely, although he did take a nibble out of my back while in flight. Needless to say, we did not become good friends.

Throughout the next few weeks, more packages were delivered across Webkinz World. Finally, it was Christmas Eve. I had been working so hard that when I went to bed that night, I realized I had never visited Santa to tell him what I wanted for Christmas. I somehow knew, though, that Santa would not forget me. I fell asleep to "White Christmas" playing on the radio.

I woke up Christmas morning feeling a little sad. I was by myself, without friends in the house to share the holiday with. I flew downstairs, nonetheless. I first caught a glipmse of Santa, but then my eyes quickly went over to my tree. As I ran my eyes down to the stump of the tree, a tear ran down my eye. Sitting on a little diaper was the Lil Kinz grey and white kitten I had taken to the Adoption Center on my first day on the job. There was a note attached to her little collar. It was from Santa, and it read, "She wanted a friend and asked that I take her to the best home in Webkinz World". "Hey, that's me and my home," I yelled out. This was going to be the best Christmas of my life. Tomorrow, we will go to the W-shop and decorate my friend's new room.
awwww. such a great story! Loved it!

---------- cmwqt added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ilovetoswim
The Full Circle of Love

He didn't look anything like she had expected. No, the man sitting under the bridge was very tall and very thin, with black curly hair. His clothes were soiled with the dirt of the streets. He was unshaven and looked very tired and very sad. His shelter was a cardboard box, and his bed was wadded up newspaper. He carried with him a bottle of cheap wine in a brown paper bag. He was not what she had envisioned - a well built muscular man with blond hair, who drove a Mercedes and lived in an upper class neighborhood.

"My name is Heather," she said as she approached him. The man did not respond. "I've been looking for you since I was 18 years old," Heather said to him. The man took a cigarette out of his pocket and began to light it, not paying much attention to Heather. "I said I've been looking for you since I was 18 years old," Heather repeated. "You were married to a woman by the name of Elizabeth." "You lost her in a Motor Vehicle Accident," Heather continued. The man continued to puff away on his cigarette, looking straight ahead and not making eye contact with Heather as she spoke. "You were left with a baby," Heather said. Again, the man did not respond. "You were filled with grief, unable to cope, and you gave the baby girl up for adoption," Heather said to him. The man continued to stare straight ahead not seeming to be effected by the words he was hearing. "The baby was given to a very good home," Heather said. "Her parents sent her to the best of schools." "She is now headed to medical school on the East Coast". Again, the man stared ahead without showing any sign of emotion. "I just came to thank you," Heather said as she turned around and walked away. Tears were running down her face. "What happened to him?" Heather asked herself.

Seven years later, Heather returned to the city she had grown up in. She returned with a new title. She was now Dr. Heather Roth, an Emergency Room Physician. She was tending to a broken leg when the EMT's wheeled a man into the Emergency Department, yelling "We have a Code Blue here!" Heather quickly left her cubicle to tend to the man on the stretcher. "Grab the crash cart," she yelled. As the man's clothes were cut away from his body, Heather prepared the paddles to shock his heart. "Stand back," she yelled out. The man jumped when the shock went through him, but his heart did not respond. Once again, she yelled out "stand back!" This time she was successful, as she saw his heart wave appear on the monitor. "Stabilize him and get him to CCU STAT," she said. The man was quickly wheeled away.

The following day, Heather went to the Critical Care Unit to check on the man, whose life she had saved. The nurses handed her lab reports, showing he was in end stage liver disease. "He won't make it through the night," the nurse said. Heather glanced around the room. As she picked up his chart, she noticed his was identified as "John Doe". "Did he not have any ID?" Heather asked. "A wallet, but no identification", the nurse replied. Heather went to the closet where his possessions were bagged. Aside from his shoes, she saw a black wallet, worn thin from years of wear. As Heather opened the wallet, a faded picture of a baby fell out. She took it out, staring in disbelief. She looked into another pocket in the wallet and saw a picture of her biological mother. Her adopted parents had given her one similar to the one in the wallet when she was first told of her adoption. "I want this man's name on his chart," Heather instructed. "His name is Hank Wright". That night, Heather held the man in her arms as he quietly slipped away. "Thank you, for giving me life", she whispered to him. "Thank you for loving me so much that you were able to let me go". She saw a tear run down his face. He knew who she was. As he took his last breath, she watched as he reached into the air with a smile on his face. She knew her mother had come to take him home.
OMG! That was AMAZING!

Last edited by cmwqt; 11-14-2008 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #79
1smiley

View Post Originally Posted by Ilovetoswim
Great work, Smiley. Help, help. I have writer's block.
I want writer's block now. Great story, friend - two thumbs way up. IluvRascals, great work. I love the Native American names you use.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #80
Ilovetoswim

View Post Originally Posted by cmwqt
awwww. such a great story! Loved it!

---------- cmwqt added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

OMG! That was AMAZING!

Thanks so much.
Closed