Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #61
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

Default Re: Short Story Writing contest! No More Spots Left!

the second sentence is up! but please read the pink writing first!

---------- cmwqt added 219 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

Last edited by cmwqt; 11-06-2008 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cmwqt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 04:32 AM   #62
hat's wrong with
Webkinz :)

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Can I change the she to an I? It would make more sense in my short story because I write in first person most of the time.
SomeoneSpecial is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #63
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by SomeoneSpecial
Can I change the she to an I? It would make more sense in my short story because I write in first person most of the time.
that's fine! can't wait to read it! (if you don't make it to round two you can still post your story in the member's creations section!)
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #64
hat's wrong with
Webkinz :)

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much!!! I really appreaciate that!
SomeoneSpecial is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #65
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by SomeoneSpecial
Thanks so much!!! I really appreaciate that!
thanks for entering! you rock!
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #66
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

only a few hours left of voting!

---------- cmwqt added 35 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

voting is over for round 1! see results on the first page!

---------- cmwqt added 10 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

If you made it to round 2, please submit your entries ASAP!

Last edited by cmwqt; 11-12-2008 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #67
Ilovetoswim

Congratulations everyone! Good luck in the next round!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #68
1smiley

Hey everybody, let Round 2 begin. I'm ready to post my story.

REVENGE OF LILY THE DUCK

He didn't look anything like I had expected. No, Gorilla Bob was not sick in bed. He was showing off his pearly white teeth as he accepted the Judges Award for the best garden.

Hello, My name is Lily, and I am a Webkinz duck. I once had a very good friend by the name of Gorilla Bob. We used to be next door neighbors and enjoyed tending our gardens and sipping on lemonade together during the long hot summers. All of that changed nearly a year ago when Gorilla Bob and I entered our gardens in a contest sponsored by our homeowners association. Gorilla Bob had promised to tend my garden while I was away vacationing, and instead neglected it so he could win the most beautiful garden contest himself. I moved to another community after his betrayal, and everything was bliss until a month ago. The condo next door was sold, and who should jump out of the moving van but Gorilla Bob with his rakes, hoes and garden chairs.

I decided it was time to get even. I knew Gorilla Bob had painting and roof repair to do on his old house before he could put it up for sale. After he moved into his condo, I watched his comings and goings for the first couple of days. Once I figured out his routine, I went to work. With my picnic basket in hand, I sneaked into Gorilla Bob's condo one morning by prying open a window. I knew it had a broken latch from the previous owner, Pink Poodle Tiffany, so entry into the condo was easy. I decided I would have my little picnic in his living room. I opened a bottle of apple cider and began to feast on a pound of shrimp, a tin of sardines and a small block of goat cheese. Once I had enough to eat, I set aside what was left over. I then went into each room in his condo. I removed his newly purchased drapery rods and took them into the living room. I then removed the end from each rod and deposited bits of my feast into the hallow part of each rod. I replaced the ends, and returned each of the rods to their assigned windows. I then went back home to wait.

Gorilla Bob continued going back and forth from the condo to his old house the first few days after my picnic in his living room. All seemed well, although I did notice some cans of air fresheners in his trash. Then one day, when he was doing his roof repairs on his house, he was called back home by the President of of our homeowners association. There were several complaints from the neighbors of a horrible stench coming from his condo. I already had hung up my air fresheners, so I didn't notice. I watched that afternoon as Merry Maid Cleaning Service drove up with cleansers and mops. The next day an exterminator van pulled up. A couple of days later, painters showed up with ladders and several gallons of paint. I had to snicker when I saw his old carpet being hauled away a few days after the painters left. Next, a van pulled up with beautiful, plush carpet to install.

One afternoon, shortly after Gorilla Bob's new carpet was installed, I was trying to get in a beauty nap. I woke up to him arguing with our neighbors. I listened as he told them he couldn't get anyone into the condo to figure the problem out. “Every repair man I call runs out as fast as he walks in,” said Gorilla Bob. Frustrated, Gorilla Bob made the decision not to sell his old house and put up a "for sale" sign in front of his condo. Of course, he listed it at a much lower price than he had purchased it for.

I went outside on moving day feeling absolutely wonderful. I waved a friendly good-bye to Gorilla Bob as the moving van, loaded up with all of his furniture - including his drapery rods, drove away. Yes, revenge can be so sweet!

Last edited by 1smiley; 11-13-2008 at 06:24 PM..
Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #69
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by 1smiley
Hey everybody, let Round 2 begin. I'm ready to post my story.

REVENGE OF LILY THE DUCK

He didn't look anything like I had expected. No, Gorilla Bob was not sick in bed. He was showing off his pearly white teeth as he accepted the Judges Award for the best garden.

Hello, My name is Lily, and I am a Webkinz duck. I once had a very good friend by the name of Gorilla Bob. We used to be next door neighbors and enjoyed tending our gardens and sipping on lemonade together during the long hot summers. All of that changed nearly a year ago when Gorilla Bob and I entered our gardens in a contest sponsored by our homeowners association. Gorilla Bob had promised to tend my garden while I was away vacationing, and instead neglected it so he could win the most beautiful garden contest himself. I moved to another community after his betrayal, and everything was bliss until a month ago. The condo next door was sold, and who should jump out of the moving van but Gorilla Bob with his rakes, hoes and garden chairs.

I decided it was time to get even. I knew Gorilla Bob had painting and roof repair to do on his old house before he could put it up for sale. After he moved into his condo, I watched his comings and goings for the first couple of days. Once I figured out his routine, I went to work. With my picnic basket in hand, I sneaked into Gorilla Bob's condo one morning by prying open a window. I knew it had a broken latch from the previous owner, Pink Poodle Tiffany, so entry into the condo was easy. I decided I would have my little picnic in his living room. I opened a bottle of apple cider and began to feast on a pound of shrimp, a tin of sardines and a small block of goat cheese. Once I had enough to eat, I set aside what was left over. I then went into each room in his condo. I removed his newly purchased drapery rods and took them into the living room. I then removed the end from each rod and deposited bits of my feast into the hallow part of each rod. I replaced the ends, and returned each of the rods to their assigned windows. I then went back home to wait.

Gorilla Bob continued going back and forth from the condo to his old house the first few days after my picnic in his living room. All seemed well, although I did notice some cans of air fresheners in his trash. Then one day, when he was doing his roof repairs on his house, he was called back home by the President of of our homeowners association. There were several complaints from the neighbors of a horrible stench coming from his condo. I already had hung up my air fresheners, so I didn't notice. I watched that afternoon as Merry Maid Cleaning Service drove up with cleansers and mops. The next day an exterminator van pulled up. A couple of days later, painters showed up with ladders and several gallons of paint. I had to snicker when I saw his old carpet being hauled away a few days after the painters left. Next, a van pulled up with beautiful, plush carpet to install.

One afternoon, shortly after Gorilla Bob's new carpet was installed, I was trying to get in a beauty nap. I woke up to him arguing with our neighbors. I listened as he told them he couldn't get anyone into the condo to figure the problem out. “Every repair man I call runs out as fast as he walks in,” said Gorilla Bob. Frustrated, Gorilla Bob made the decision not to sell his old house and put up a "for sale" sign in front of his condo. Of course, he listed it at a much lower price than he had purchased it for.

I went outside on moving day feeling absolutely wonderful. I waved a friendly good-bye to Gorilla Bob as the moving van, loaded up with all of his furniture - including his drapery rods, drove away. Yes, revenge can be so sweet!
WOW! That was great!!!
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #70
1smiley

View Post Originally Posted by cmwqt
WOW! That was great!!!
Thanks. I decided poor Lily needed to get even with that big, bad gorilla.
Closed