Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #31
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

Default Re: Short Story Writing contest! ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT!!!!!!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Dolphingirl56
I'll join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine is going to a fanrasy story.
Ok! just as long as it has the correct first sentence!!!

---------- cmwqt added 9 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

If you haven't posted your entry, please do so soon!

Last edited by cmwqt; 11-01-2008 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cmwqt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #32
koala7498
Webkinz :)

koala7498 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Short Story Writing contest! No Spots Left!!!

I walked into the room only to want to run back out. We'll be back home soon sweety Ann's parets clamied. They pulled out of the driveway and ding **** the bell rang. A gingerbread man came in! Urged he sat down on the seat and started to spread frosting all over the chair. Saddly Ann dreaded looking at him and refused of him staying in her house. He suddenly pulled out his magic wand and as a lightning bolt he struck the air and everything turned to candy. The scare of Ann thinking of what her parents would do frightned her! The sky darkened and the clock struck 7. She knew her parents where coming back at 7 so she swept the dirt the gingerbread man brought in and made him hide. The door crackled as her parents came in. She looked frightned a embarresed! Her parents didn't notice untill they went to go take there showers and baths. The frosting squirtted out as the sprinkles topped Kevin's head dad). The ending ended happily ever after they say but they are now know as the gingerbread family. They did so adopt the gingerbread man and lived happily ever after! Thanks! By: koala7498

Last edited by koala7498; 11-01-2008 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Change Sentene (beginning)
koala7498 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #33
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by koala7498
Okay here's mine! The Scar
We'll be back home soon sweety Ann's parets clamied. They pulled out of the driveway and ding **** the bell rang. A gingerbread man came in! Urged he sat down on the seat and started to spread frosting all over the chair. Saddly Ann dreaded looking at him and refused of him staying in her house. He suddenly pulled out his magic wand and as a lightning bolt he struck the air and everything turned to candy. The scare of Ann thinking of what her parents would do frightned her! The sky darkened and the clock struck 7. She knew her parents where coming back at 7 so she swept the dirt the gingerbread man brought in and made him hide. The door crackled as her parents came in. She looked frightned a embarresed! Her parents didn't notice untill they went to go take there showers and baths. The frosting squirtted out as the sprinkles topped Kevin's head dad). The ending ended happily ever after they say but they are now know as the gingerbread family. They did so adopt the gingerbread man and lived happily ever after! Thanks! By: koala7498
Wow! that's really good! One thing, you didn't use the first sentence that you needed too, once you change that I'll take your name off of the list of people who still need to submit their entries!

---------- cmwqt added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dolphingirl56
Never mind! I am not going to enter.
Okay, I'll take your name off of the list

---------- cmwqt added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

Now there is one spot open!

---------- cmwqt added 14 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

we need one more contestant!!!

Last edited by cmwqt; 11-01-2008 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 AM   #34
Ilovetoswim

Default Re: Short Story Writing contest! ONE SPOT LEFT!!!!!!!!!

Hi. My BFF, 1 smiley, wrote a story and told me to sign up. I will take that last spot if it is still open. I'll work on a story now and post it as soon as it is done.

---------- Ilovetoswim added 101 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Here is my Story

I walked into the room, only to want to run back out. "It wasn't my fault!", I yelled out. My mom was sobbing "my baby, my precious baby" as the police closed the door behind me. I couldn't believe I was in jail. I was stuck in the slammer in a foreign country, and my mom was being whisked away and out of sight. What started out as a fun filled family vacation in Spain led to this. The charges were as follows: Inciting a Riot, Disregard to the Safety of Others and Animal Endangerment.

It all started with the red cape my Mom had bought me at a small boutique in the town of Santo Domingo. I saw it in the window and had to have it. We went into the boutique and all of the sales ladies were smiling and saying "Que Bonita!" as I modeled it for my mom. I asked if I could wear it right away, and my mom said that was fine. While we were in the boutique, I noticed a lot of men were lining up on the street. "Is there going to be a parade?", I asked. A customer in the boutique told me a big event was going to be happening, and if we wanted to see it we had better stake out a spot on the sidewalk. I asked what kind of event, and she said "Torros". I told my mom we needed to leave and watch whatever "Torros" was.

When we got outside, the sidewalks were already packed with people. "Your father will never find us", my mom said as she looked around the crowded sidewalk. "If I see him, I'll wave him over" I replied to her. More and more men were lining up on the street, and the people on the side walk were yelling out and giving them the thumbs up. The men on the street were waving and smiling, and they looked like they were also getting ready to run. They all kept looking behind their shoulders, as if they were expecting a stampede of elephants to show up. Suddenly I heard what sounded like horses galloping. When I looked over to see what was down the street, I spotted what looked like a bull turning the corner. I also spotted my Dad standing right on that corner with my little brother on the other side of the street. I yelled out to him "Dad, over here!", but he coud not hear me. Frustrated, I took off my red cape and began waving it in his direction. My mom suddenly panicked, saying "Oh no, this is the 'Running of the Bulls' event I read about in our travel brochure!" I didn't really pick up on the urgency in her voice as I kept waving my cape and calling out to my Dad.

My Dad never saw my cape, but the bulls did. They started running towards us. People started screaming, running and tripping over each other. The men on the street had already started running too. "Get rid of the cape!", someone yelled out to me. I tossed the cape real quick, and it landed on a man's head. He started screaming and tossed the cape, too. It landed on a woman's head, and she screamed and tossed it towards someone else. One of the men, who had originally lined up on the street, ran into the sidewalk and grabbed the cape away from a man who was trying to get it off of his head. He waved my cape towards the bulls, trying to get them to run into the street. The next thing I knew, the police showed up and people were pointing to me.

So, here I sit waiting for my hearing in court tomorrow. The guard told me the judge will probably let me go, as long as I promised him that I would hop straight onto a plane and never return. I gave my Girl Scouts honor that I would.

Last edited by Ilovetoswim; 11-02-2008 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #35
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

I walked into the room only to want to run back out. We'll be back home soon sweety Ann's parets clamied. They pulled out of the driveway and ding **** the bell rang. A gingerbread man came in! Urged he sat down on the seat and started to spread frosting all over the chair. Saddly Ann dreaded looking at him and refused of him staying in her house. He suddenly pulled out his magic wand and as a lightning bolt he struck the air and everything turned to candy. The scare of Ann thinking of what her parents would do frightned her! The sky darkened and the clock struck 7. She knew her parents where coming back at 7 so she swept the dirt the gingerbread man brought in and made him hide. The door crackled as her parents came in. She looked frightned a embarresed! Her parents didn't notice untill they went to go take there showers and baths. The frosting squirtted out as the sprinkles topped Kevin's head dad). The ending ended happily ever after they say but they are now know as the gingerbread family. They did so adopt the gingerbread man and lived happily ever after! Thanks! By: koala7498
Thanks for posting!!!! It was great!

---------- cmwqt added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ilovetoswim
Hi. My BFF, 1 smiley, wrote a story and told me to sign up. I will take that last spot if it is still open. I'll work on a story now and post it as soon as it is done.

---------- Ilovetoswim added 101 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Here is my Story

I walked into the room, only to want to run back out. "It wasn't my fault!", I yelled out. My mom was sobbing "my baby, my precious baby" as the police closed the door behind me. I couldn't believe I was in jail. I was stuck in the slammer in a foreign country, and my mom was being whisked away and out of sight. What started out as a fun filled family vacation in Spain led to this. The charges were as follows: Inciting a Riot, Disregard to the Safety of Others and Animal Endangerment.

It all started with the red cape my Mom had bought me at a small boutique in the town of Santo Domingo. I saw it in the window and had to have it. We went into the boutique and all of the sales ladies were smiling and saying "Que Bonita!" as I modeled it for my mom. I asked if I could wear it right away, and my mom said that was fine. While we were in the boutique, I noticed a lot of men were lining up on the street. "Is there going to be a parade?", I asked. A customer in the boutique told me a big event was going to be happening, and if we wanted to see it we had better stake out a spot on the sidewalk. I asked what kind of event, and she said "Torros". I told my mom we needed to leave and watch whatever "Torros" was.

When we got outside, the sidewalks were already packed with people. "Your father will never find us", my mom said as she looked around the crowded sidewalk. "If I see him, I'll wave him over" I replied to her. More and more men were lining up on the street, and the people on the side walk were yelling out and giving them the thumbs up. The men on the street were waving and smiling, and they looked like they were also getting ready to run. They all kept looking behind their shoulders, as if they were expecting a stampede of elephants to show up. Suddenly I heard what sounded like horses galloping. When I looked over to see what was down the street, I spotted what looked like a bull turning the corner. I also spotted my Dad standing right on that corner with my little brother on the other side of the street. I yelled out to him "Dad, over here!", but he coud not hear me. Frustrated, I took off my red cape and began waving it in his direction. My mom suddenly panicked, saying "Oh no, this is the 'Running of the Bulls' event I read about in our travel brochure!" I didn't really pick up on the urgency in her voice as I kept waving my cape and calling out to my Dad.

My Dad never saw my cape, but the bulls did. They started running towards us. People started screaming, running and tripping over each other. The men on the street had already started running too. "Get rid of the cape!", someone yelled out to me. I tossed the cape real quick, and it landed on a man's head. He started screaming and tossed the cape, too. It landed on a woman's head, and she screamed and tossed it towards someone else. One of the men, who had originally lined up on the street, ran into the sidewalk and grabbed the cape away from a man who was trying to get it off of his head. He waved my cape towards the bulls, trying to get them to run into the street. The next thing I knew, the police showed up and people were pointing to me.

So, here I sit waiting for my hearing in court tomorrow. The guard told me the judge will probably let me go, as long as I promised him that I would hop straight onto a plane and never return. I gave my Girl Scouts honor that I would.
That was really good! Thanks for entering!

---------- cmwqt added 346 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

**If you haven't posted your short story yet, please do so soon!!!

Last edited by cmwqt; 11-02-2008 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #36
koala7498

koala7498 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Short Story Writing contest! No More Spots Left!

When do we know who wins?
koala7498 is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #37
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

When do we know who wins?
Once everyone submits their entries I will make a poll and have people vote, the person with the least amount of votes will be eliminated, and then we go on to round 2!
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #38
Ilovetoswim

Can we put a vote in for ourselves? I would be embarrassed if I didn't get any votes.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #39
Rock Lee pwns

INDiGO SHOCK is on a distinguished road

are there any spots left?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #40

drichar674 is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Short Story Writing contest! No More Spots Left!

Well, here's my entry. I hope you enjoy the read. Thanks for holding this contest. I love to write and love a challenge.

Keep Smiling!

IS BEAUTY ONLY SKIN DEEP?
I walked into the room, only to want to run back out. My fear developed from possibly never seeing her again coupled with never finding anything like her to claim for myself.

This was the first time I saw her and I was completely enamored by her exceptional beauty. I felt she was a breathtaking gift created just for me. She looked exceptionally beautiful in her candy apple red coat that hugged her perfect body. I couldn’t help stare as she stood still and silent.

She never uttered a sound yet I felt so comfortable as I made it a point to brush by her. She didn’t seem to mind and never moved. I was fascinated by everything about her including her magnificent fragrance.

I tried to be nonchalant as I looked her over before leaving to go back to my office. She was undeniably every young man’s dream. She was poised and polished yet so very seductive in appearance.

As I hesitantly made my way to my desk, I only hoped she’d still be somewhere in or near that room at break time. Although still filled with the fear that she’d no longer be in there, I found myself imagining how awesome it would be to take her to lunch and how so many people would be extremely envious seeing us together.

As I sat at my desk, I could think only of her. I thought about her glow and how pristine she looked. I thought, “She has style, class, beauty and was built extremely well.”

Overwhelmed by thoughts of her, I decided I just had to see her again immediately. So, I took an early break and left my desk to go back in hopes of seeing her again.

Fortunately, I found her still standing in the same spot. As I approached her, I was overcome by feelings I had never experienced before. I became somewhat brazen realizing we were alone and ran my hand gently over her body. She remained perfectly still…totally, seemingly, unaffected by my actions. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. Then my eyes began to tear because she did not reciprocate in any way.

I looked at my watch to check how much time I could spend with her alone. I wanted to know everything about her. I was most upset when I heard some of my co-workers advancing toward us. I feared I’d never have the opportunity to spend time alone with her again once others took notice of her beauty as I did.

Mr. Spencer, my boss, approached me saying, “ Jim, Isn’t she a beauty?” As I watched them drive off, I couldn’t help but wonder if I’d ever make enough money to afford to buy a car just like that one.
drichar674 is offline Female
Closed